Linkin Park Releases Studio Update #2

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Mar 22, 2016.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

The whole thing about an album aging well or not is down to the craftmanship behind it IMO. And the reason all M, LT and THP feel "dead" to many is probably down to the fact the band either rushed it or didn't create a focal point to it, in order for a listener to appreciate it as a whole through time.

The reason HT may feel outdated by many is most likely due to its sound, nu-metal is not relevant in this era but once you put that aside one may appreciate it better because it has that craftmanship to it, it was their baby. To me that kind of dedication is also shown in MTM and ATS, and in THP the songs that remind me of that are MTG and ALITS.

Hence why many here while expressing their opinion in different shades, agree that the band should take their time for LP7 and not just put something out for the sake of it. I admit one thing that concerns me and others a bit is the lyrical quality, which isn't necessarily linked to the time it took to write a song but the ability of the authors to express themselves. So it'll be intriguing to see what's going to happen now that they've decided to take the "lyrics first" approach.

sshrout07

sshrout07 Member

That would be great if that was Don Gilmore

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

Today was meteora ' s birthday and i put it on my stereo from Foreword to Numb and you know what ? Sounded fucking awesome as always .

sshrout07

sshrout07 Member

I'll be bold and day I loved meteora. Ya It was ht2, but what's ht was great

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that! It gets a bit of a bad rap (heh) around here, but it's a good album. Many of us here may tend to prefer their other stuff but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy listening to it from time to time. Maybe a bit of that is nostalgia, who knows, but there are some very, very solid tracks on there.

stringsibanez

stringsibanez ...

What I got from this: TFS is awesome.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Nope.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I second that nope.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

[​IMG]

sshrout07

sshrout07 Member

Same ,I love all the stuff they make . Ats was Magical. I am a super fan too, and hope been on this site for yrs . I can't say which album is my fav . For nostalgia , ht and meteora of course . Formusic content ats, thp are my fav . Mtm was a great Chester album and Chester is my fav .

shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

I used to be impatient with how long it took the band to put out new material, but now that I'm older, I definitely hope they put more time into the album. I agree with most on here that THP and LT did not age well. I honestly wish they would spend the rest of 2016 or even half of 2017 to work on the album. While I was excited when Chester stated in 2012 that they wanted to put albums out quicker, the results just haven't been up to par. I have a lot of positive feelings about this album. It seems that they aiming to be experimental again, and I feel like their best work has been when they have done so.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I really am curious, why exactly do several members here insist that both LT and THP have "aged badly"? I honestly cannot figure out why this sentiment is so popular on this site. Then again, what does it really mean for music of any kind to age, as in, are there specific requirements or standards for music to age well or poorly?

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Man, there's a bunch of pseudo-musicians here, puking 'technical' words trying to seem smart.

It's simple, you enjoy it or don't. There are not much "how" and "why".

And about the time of crafting... a lot of rock anthems were recorded in 30 minutes, just as a "fill" for the album.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

:lol:!

I'm sorry mate.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Probably the most exciting thing about this so far is that they're not even hinting about the sound they're going for. They're still figuring it out themselves, usually they don't talk about a new album this early into a new album cycle. We know they've changed their writing process, but that's not indicative of anything. We already knew what THP was going to be before the first single, this is much more exciting.

I don't care when they release it as long as they're satisfied with the end product. If that means it doesn't come out until 2017, then I'll gladly wait. I'm occupied with the bimonthly LPU demos anyways.

Ravutto

Ravutto New Member

Yeah... From time to time I visit this forum to see what people think. And I'm always so disappointed... I think Mike would laugh soo hard if he read what you guys say.

Each LP album is different. I don't see any point in judging which is "better" or "worse". What does "better/good" mean? A lot of you don't like THP, I love THP. Many of you say that LT is not that good, but I've got so many friends (not LP fans) who's reaction when they hear Castle of Glass or Burn It Down is just "heyy! this is a great song!". And so on, LP style is very complex and I think we all agree that whatever they do - they will find a huge group of people who will enjoy their stuff. And they are still moving on, gaining new audience, because they sound different in every single album.

Ok, back to the topic. I'm excited about new album and the whole "focusing on lyrics" but also I'm a little afraid, because for me electic guitar with some power chords and riffs is obligatory in every LP album (you know, the "roots", "core"..) and so far I don't see any sign that the new album will include this stuff. I think it will be more like ATS.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Some random consideration. That "taking its time" thing, it's very psychology related.

Some social experiment. Make people try some wine, tell them one is very cheap, one is moderately cheap, one is expensive. Usually, they're gonna consider the most expensive wine to have the better taste. Expect. The supposedly cheap and expensive wine were actually the same one, while the moderately cheap was the real expensive one.

But guess what happened when they looked at the brain activity? Chemical reactions linked to pleasure were stronger while trying the "fake" expensive wine. Which means: people genuinely enjoyed the supposedly expensive wine better. The brain instinctively linked "expensive => quality => pleasure ". On a subconscious level.

Back to music: I guess, it could be very easy for the brain to go: "Longer time => more craftmanship => more quality => better". So yeah. I do believe people sometimes genuinely enjoy records which took longer to be made more, regardless of the inner quality of composition itself.

Ok. Probably shoulndt' post shit like this. Feeling very much like some pseudo scientist now. But yeah :lol:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

I just think that even if theyll realese the first single Sooner then we thoght , it will still be the time they felt they need to realese it. whenever the album will come , i feel..this vibe. from the video that we heard mike humming the melody for the "Ocean shore" i dont know i feel like this album is goin to be another exciting think from them , and thats why we are all here!

*sorry for bad english*

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

It feels really spontaneous like during THP cycle , when they released GATS before the album was finished because they felt that was the time to do that