Linkin Park/Sebago Collaboration Launch Party Interview With The Source Magazine

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Jan 24, 2013.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

As of right now, nothing is certain. We have only small glimpses and rumors on the band's contract so everything we say is still uncertain. For all we know, the band has already renewed (if they wanted to).

As for this album, I'm thinking the score/soundtrack should be done around February. The movie has been filmed for a few months now and we have no idea how long the band has been working on this score/soundtrack. It should be getting there, especially since the band has been off from the tour for over a month now.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Do we really know that they're working on a next album?

Zane

Definitely

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

$250 for a pair of boots with a small LP logo? :facepalm:

KevinLP

KevinLP Untitled

I'll be happy if the soundtrack includes a new song :) , and of course a great score!

Mr_Choco

Mr_Choco Site Voayer

Here's another vid related to the topic.
    [video=youtube;Wc0Qw22OVXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc0Qw22OVXw[/video]

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

I was just about to post this, it answers a lot of questions.

Actually, Joe says here that they will begin working on the album once finished with the 'Mall' soundtrack / score.

Joe says here that the leather is genuine.

Zane

What I meant by "definitely" is that the band, or more specifically Mike, has been making demos this entire time. What Joe means is that they will be entering the studio for official recording. That is a big deal considering the band usually spends so much time writing demos before going into the studio. If they are going into the studio already, it means that they are serious about pumping out another album soon.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

How long was LT in the studio for? Is it possible we'll have an album late 2013-early 2014?

Zane

Not too long. I believe it was around 8-10 months. It's hard to tell since they were there intermittently. If the band does follow the same schedule, then yes, it's likely we'll have another album late 2013 or early 2014

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

Ah right. Yeah they're always working on something.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

...I am fangirling so much right now.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I just want a return back to the ATS ideology. The idea of going way outside their comfort zone, to create music that breaks new grounds for them and takes them in unexpected directions. I understand the being comfortable in their own skin, and not feeling the need to prove anything anymore but that's no reason not to continue down the creative path that ATS had set them on. What I like about bands like MUSE for example, is that they don't change their sound on every album because people expect it/or because they have to prove something...they change it because they want to change it. They set a goal on every album to continue evolving their sound and going in directions they never have before. Linkin Park have sold over 50 million records since their start. They don't need to worry anymore. Hardcore fans still appreciate them, and will respect their creative risks.

I want that "MUSE outside the box" mentality to be the norm for Linkin Park. That every album is a complete polar opposite from the last one, and extremely daring and creative. The band has a ton of ideas going on all the time, and lots of musical influences...there's no shame or harm in using them even more than they are now. LT was a good album, but wasn't the followup it should've been to ATS.

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

i agree. the should probably go indie.:lol:

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

In full agreement.

LT had its moments, and I am aware that they needed this kind of music to keep their concerts energetic but eh, other than that, it's more like a good Meteora of modern day LP. In comparison with ATS, it's pretty mediocre. ATS was more refined, whereas LT seemed a bit rushed at times. I also wasn't a fan of the clean mix that LT had. It sounded way too clean imo.

To me, it seems like LT was more or less them proving that they can still make music with distorted gitarz, like in the old days, while still keeping some of their experimental stuff from ATS (but that was put way into the background). I really hope they do something really different with the next album, just like they did with ATS. Of course, LT wasn't meant to be that crazy experimental album. They stated that it was gonna bring all the different "LP eras" into one sound. I have no problems with that, but it feels not right to make an album like this the follow-up of a very experimental album.

SURPRISE ME!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

You want another ATS, i want another HT. You say ATS is their best album, i say HT is their best album. I can see that you like soft music, and i like heavy music.
    As a hardcore fan, prob a longer fan than you. If they make another ats or another "ATS ideology" i think i will flip and cut LP off and will end my LONG tenure as a LP fan.
    LT was a good album. They can be creative either heavy or soft without having to do another ATS.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

You do realize you're calling one of the people responsible for the site you're posting on a less dedicated fan than yourself. And people think I act all high and mighty.

MattLP

I never said less dedicated i said probably longer there's a differnce

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Not that anyone cares whether you "flip and cut LP off" but you clearly don't understand the ATS ideology. It's not heavy vs soft. It's experiment vs stagnate. Another properly done ATS would obviously sound nothing like ATS.
    Oh, and the length of someone's fandom means jack shit. You're worth the same as a fan LP gained a month ago, so I'm not sure why you even brought that up...

MattLP

I never said the ATS ideology is heavy vs soft lol. ATS sucks imo, i hate it and i cant relate to it plain and simple.