Linkin Park/Sebago Collaboration Launch Party Interview With The Source Magazine

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Jan 24, 2013.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

WHO HASN'T?! :lol:

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Till this day my favorite is is Hybrid theory ep. And till this day I think that their 6 demo ep is their best. They could have done anything else besides the ATS sound and I wouldn't care I would like it but I'm sorry dude the ATS sound is crap

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Which is why ATS is their most critically acclaimed album according to Metacritic.

MattLP

I don't give a damn if its their most critically accclaimed album. IMO it sucks, I don't like will never like it and I can't relate to it. Plain and simple. I listen to music which I can relate to in my life. The problem is just cause you're a fan means that you have to like everything the artist does? Hell no that's the beauty about being a fan

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Funny how you keep grasping at straws to tell us we're wrong. We're just not hardcore enough as fans, though you vehemently hate one of their albums. We just like soft music, even though a lot of us listen to way more aggressive, technical and yes, heavier stuff than radio-friendly pseudo-metal. We just can't relate to lyrics like "I wanna be with the energy, not with the enemy, a place for my head" even though it's complete tripe.

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Oh come on, everybody knows that the "I wanna runaway, never say goodbye, I wanna know the truth instead of wondering why" is the best line that LP has ever written. It's much better then "........the hardest part of ending is starting again" :kappa:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

And as much as I totally respect that last sentence, didnt you just contradict yourself with this whole argument by saying that you're going to stop listening to the band if they don't make exactly what you want them to make only a few posts back? Arent you being over demanding by pushing the band to make the music they themselves do not wish to make anymore? By your theory, shouldnt you like the band then even if you're not a fan of their latest projects? I feel like you talk out your ass and out both sides of your mouth. I'm going to call you butt face cause you talk out your ass.

MattLP

I didn't say you in specific I mean in general if asomeone is a fan of a band or any artist u don't have to like everything the artist does u can still be a fan right?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Exactly, but what is frustrating about people who "demand" a Hybrid Theory clone from the band (which is also why there has been heavy trolling in this thread) is that the last time the band has even made ANYTHING that remotely sounded like Hybrid Theory was 2004, with Collision Course (I don't count Qwerty as it's not an album track and was mostly made to please fans waiting for new music). We go through this every album cycle. Despite the band saying that they hated nu-metal and no longer wish to copy themselves, and despite 2 very different records that barely resembled the nu-metal sound...people still think the band is going to suddenly go back to their roots and pull a Hybrid Theory Part 3. It's just not going to happen. The band doesn't want to, and honestly...with every album cycle that passes, less fans want them to either. The more you wait for them to return back to nu-metal, the more you're gonna be disappointed. It's impossible at this point. Why sacrifice critical acclaim and creative freedom to do a genre that died 8 years ago? It's idiotic and pointless unless the band wants to sell out and ruin themselves.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

In short, do you really want this band to be Papa Roach?

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Seeing as we are showing how long our fan peens are by telling love stories about how long we've been fans, I would like to add in, since I've been a fan of this band since I first heard "One Step Closer" in mid/late 2000 on the radio and hearing about this band before they changed their name to Linkin Park, I am totally standing ground with Derek here. Derek Totally gets it.

Also since we wanna talk about listening to rap as a kid, this is the kind of rap I listened to:

[youtube]VFsTr0kGAqU&[/youtube]

Does that make me gangster enough? :kappa:

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

I love these boots, But they're pretty expensive...

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

:hmm::hmm:
    If making a dead music genre means making a music genre which is not popular anymore, then by definition, it's the opposite of selling out.

On the other side, claiming a band shouldn't do a music genre because it's dead is way more close to the definition of selling out. "People aren't interested by this anymore, it won't sell, so let's not do it"

My only point here is to show the non-sense of that dead genre/selling out relation. Don't misinterpret my words as I was saying LP should return to their old style.

Hybrid

A certain Nu-Metal band made their "glorious return" to their roots riding on the back of a metallic colored serpent. Needless to say one Cash Money Records thought it was a good idea. The band has since dissolved along with whatever credibility they thought they had...

Qwerty19

Yep, I didn't say one should make a dead genre to be credible or anything lol Simply that making a dead music genre was far from selling out, since most people won't care for a dead music genre.

That metallic colored serpent was kinda cool to me btw :/. But I wouldn't call it a return to their roots, since they never really moved on to begin with. Yeah, it might break their credibility, but whatever, as long as I enjoy the sound.

MattLP

So what about Staind? After so many soft albums they went back to their original sound How about their last album it sold pretty good.

Qwerty19

I thought I was maybe too often fixed on people bashing heavy stuff/guitars/... but you totally beat me at it :lol:

Releasing soft records isn't a bad thing. You should maybe more focus on how the music sounds instead of only focusing on that heavy/ soft dichotomy. Heavy or soft, the most important thing for a music is to sound good, isn't it? :)

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

It definitely makes you a LPHybrid Soldier Gangster enough.

:kappa:

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

:isee:

20. Hybrid

:lol: This thread is so much fun. Did anyone play that Gem of a YouTube video that I posted? That's my childhood right thuur.