Linkin Park share five-minute video from the studio

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Feb 25, 2016.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I LOST IT. :lol:

Like Nick up there said, no one is asking you to worship everything LP does, but being as hypercritical as some people are is not constructive in any way and just detracts from the quality of discussion.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I do agree, but apart from this:

I feel that no one's particularily judging the song. I will admit, even though it's completely out of context, a few of the things Mike said had me worried, but I don't think saying that is judging the song. I do agree that anyone judging the song based on this is being rediculous, we won't be hearing the song for another 6 months at least, assuming it even makes the album. :)

Again, apart from the comment I linked every comment "criticising" or being worried about the video has been well reasoned and polite. Unless I just completely skipped over a comment (which is possible :lol:) I feel like a lot of people in here are getting way too annoyed at the fact that some people might have concerns based on this video. Yes, it's rediculous to start judging the song/album this early, but I still feel it's valid to have concerns about what's being discussed in the video (even if I myself am not too worried), and I haven't read a single comment other than the one I read that's saying any of this in a rude, immature or illogical way. :)

EDIT: Oh, and this one as well, but I think this goes without saying. :lol:

I just find it hilarious how I can find literally only two rude comments whining about the video, and yet there are so many comments of people whining about other people whining about the video.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Lets not pretend to be Mike on these boards guys. I understand the humor behind it, but it goes without saying that some people could be fooled by it...and I shouldn't have to say why that's not a good thing or why it may be viewed negatively by certain people. Let's refrain from doing so from here on out. Thank you.

iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Lift me up, Let me go

Is it bad I think I might enjoy this more than the in-the-studio videos? :p

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

No, but as Derek said, we should stop this here better now :lol:

(Also if i wish to see the bands reaction if they would read this thread :shifty: )

Some months to go guys :popcorn:

Captain-EO

Not for this thread :lol:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I fucking loved that post, Minus, and the CAH joke was top notch, but...

...you can't really round up to 33.334% if the 3 is repeating infinitely, right?

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Idk, too early to judge just on a five minute clip of them talking about one song that's not close to being finished yet, but all this about changing their writing process when it sounds no different.

Almost all of their songs are "You, you, YOU!". It's always them being angry or sad about someone else. "Poor me, it's all your fault, you abandoned me". There are exceptions like UiG, WFtE, BtH, etc where the person is admitting their own faults, but I would like more songs that aren't about relationships, period. The Hunting Party did a decent job at that, but at the expense of sounding cheesy and dated at times.

Didn't Mike claim the album is going to be "insane" or something like that? Maybe tough guy Mike verses doesn't sound so bad to me anymore.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Look around you. I'd say that things are pretty insane. :p

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I was going to write something about this seeming like their typical writing sessions, but then I read the comments and found myself entertained for a while.
    It seems like pure demo lyrics, which is fine anyway.

I just feel like MS and CB should start writing more on their own. Not in the context of writing lyrics for a specific song, but maybe just free-versed poetic writing. And then these ideas could potentially be transformed into lyrics.
    That's at least how I stray away from song cliches.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

But what if you are Mike? What about Tyson? What about Patton? What about Magic Mike? This is discrimination towards all the Mikes out there, forcing them to change their names into something that isn't their name! This isn't how the forum guidelines are written! This isn't how members should be treated! This isn't what the First Amendment is about!

#MakeLPAGreatAgain #WTF #WheresTheFairness

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Recently i made an experience. I keep myself away from listening to any ATS song for a long time, half a year maybe. And then i put the whole album to play.

It's amazing, i almost felt like the first time again. I doubt i'll ever feel this with HT, MT, LT, THP... they're so simple my head can remember every detail about them even staying months away from listening to it.

I just want a timeless album, one that doesn't get old and will still surprise me after years.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Ok, when I think about it, maybe my reaction was a bit harsh... who knows how the song(s) will turn out...

Captain-EO

:rolleyes:

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Maybe LP just needs to smoke pot while they're writing. Then their songs will be more interesting :kappa:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Obviously the 4 is repeating indefinitely. Try to catch up, motherfucker.

-Not Mike Shinoda, as contractually obligated to point out.

Additional Note: The above sarcasm is not meant to imply that I'm Mike Shinoda pretending to NOT be Mike Shinoda. I am in fact not Mike Shinoda.

Captain-EO

:WTF:

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Man, do I love album cycles. :D All yall go crazy. I'm excited still. Too early and I'm likely still going to enjoy the fuck out of it when it comes out. So, we'll see in the end...;)

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Implying we aren't crazy on the off-cycles.

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

I would really enjoy more Steve Aoki features , i liked the 2 songs especially DTB , god that second verde is so good