Linkin Park Shares Studio Update #3

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Apr 22, 2016.

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that this is going to be a more complex LT , dunno why . And it could be awesome

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I have a good feeling about this album for some reason. Maybe because of how organic everything "feels".

thor

thor Well-Known Member

i would love this album to be something similar to Shadow of the Day. Just pure soft rock.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind if this album took a similar route to Pvris or Chvrches. I want them to go really crazy with the samples and electronics, and create dreamy atmospheres.

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

Something like DTB without the drop would be cool , and some ballads

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I think that musically, this album might be diverse ala MTM, which is great IMO. But like every update they release, I am worried about their overhyping of the lyrics.

We all know every album revolves around a catchphrase that, bar ATS has not quite lived up to expectations. And I love LP's music.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I liked that update. Didnt hyped up anything too much. I) want to have some cool ballads, thats all i wish for :)

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Keyboard samples and drums high on the list, I hope it means less power chords and generic guitar bits instead of interesting ones. I wouldn't mind some completely electronic songs with no real instruments at all, and some nice acoustic guitar and piano sections, strings, horns maybe.

As always, I'm excited for some nice Chester/Mike vocal harmonies. Hope there's some stuff that isn't just verse chorus verse chorus in there.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

It just seems like the instrumental is the lowest priority this time.

Doesn't make sense to me.

I hope I'm wrong.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

In context, it's the lower priority ... under the highest priority, which is the songwriting.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

It is not necessarily less important, it just comes later in the process this time. They said making the instrumentals is one of the most fun parts for them and I doubt we won't get some cool ones again.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Oh god yes, we haven't really gotten a proper polyphonic vocal section between Chester and Mike (singing, they've done it with rapping + singing) since the outro of TLTGYA. If they're focussing on words and melodies this time around, I really hope we get some proper vocal sections with the two singing different melodies against each other, not just harmonising. So few bands are blessed with having two great singers that can pull their own weight (in the studio, at least), it'd be a shame if the band don't use that to their advantage this time around and just go crazy.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

#ViscerallyMelodic

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Now, the possibility of this makes me excited.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I agree with this (we kind of have it in The Catalyst too). I'm also looking forward to some creative instrumentation, whether it be organic sounding or electronic, just something that has cool riffs (on any instrument) and isn't super repetitious like a lot of their instrumentals.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I was going to say the same thing. We need some of that back. I love it when I play an LP song and I can just make my ears to pay attention to certain vocals or instruments on it, it's like listening to a different song each time. Everytime they've done that they've done it well so it can't be too bad of an idea revisiting that approach.

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

I hope it tops ATS in terms of experimentation, at least. I don't want ATS to be known as the one album they really went bat-shit crazy on, and didn't care about how far out they went of what's expected. Sadly though, I don't think we'll ever get something that's more bizarre than that from them. I know they're capable, just I'm not so sure they want to go that far out. I'm trying to be fairly optimistic on this album though, because of the wide range of collaborators and the expansive nature of this project according to Mike and Brad.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Has an LP album been this shrouded in mystery and ambiguity ever before? I'm actually getting that vibe this time around. Then again, I did not start following LP until the latter half of 2007 and did not follow any album production and release cycles until ATS.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This isn't mystery; this isn't the rollout/promo phase, the album is far from done. There's obviously not much to actually reveal yet

If anything, the band are actually making an effort to be less mysterious. With "The Hunting Party", we had no idea where they were going in terms of musical direction until "Guilty" dropped out of nowhere. This time, we already have some idea of what the band are doing to differentiate this upcoming album from previous ones - plus, we're getting regular peeks into the studio sessions (complete with snippets of unfinished music) with a promise of more previews to come.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Yeah, this is the cicle where we got insights since the very beggining.