Linkin Park Spread the Word About the Sunset Strip Music Festival... Hybrid Theory Style

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 21, 2013.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Today something awesome happened. You may remember that last week Linkin Park announced that they will be playing the Sunset Strip Music Festival on August 3rd in West Hollywood, CA. The Sunset Strip Music Festival is a three day event which has bands performing at various popular locations along the iconic strip on Sunset Boulevard. What's so great about this show is that Linkin Park will be playing the ultimate home-town gig, as a bunch of these venues are home to some of Linkin Park's first performances as a band, including Whisky A Go-Go which is the first known venue the band ever played together on November 14, 1997 as Xero. The Roxy which Linkin Park played first on September 5, 2000 and once more on July 18, 2004 for their memorable collaboration concert with Jay-Z. House of Blues was first played on March 4, 2002 with their last performance at the intimate venue being one of last year's most notable shows on May 18, 2012. Of course, these are just the shows we know about, there's probably countless others unaccounted for as Linkin Park just started gigging locally.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Well today Linkin Park did something that they probably haven't done in a long time, went out into the LA area to hand out flyers and posters for their upcoming show on the Sunset Strip. This is a great way to pay homage to their roots in the city that started it all, and an awesome callback to something they were only too familiar with fifteen years ago. Not only did they become Street Soldiers for the day, they also mass photocopied the posters at the store, which are all hand drawn and promote the appearance of "Hybrid Theory" and "Xero". It's awesome to see the band take this approach for their last US show of the year, and if you head into the LA area today, you might just catch this guerrilla marketing at work.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Keep checking out Linkin Park's Twitter, Mike's Twitter and Phoenix's Twitter for ongoing Viddy's and images from their tour of LA as they hand out flyers.

Source: Linkin Park | Mike Shinoda | Phoenix | Adam Ruehmer

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Awesome... The only reason I'd move to the US is to attend the awesome events LP does.

Oh and.. BACK TO DER ROOTZ :shinado: :toolbox:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

OMG CHESTER IS TOO BUSY WITH STONE TEMPLE PILOTS TO GO TO KINKOS!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

Pretty cool! I think the part that says "With special guests Xero" is funny.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Awesome. It'd be kind of neat if they only performed HT era material. (Not that I'd like that personally)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Shinoda needs to dye his hair.

Andreina

WHO CAN ROCK A RHYME LIKE DIS? BRING IT TO YA EVERYTIME LIKE DIS.. STEP STEP UP (8)

They should do that Step Up/ Nobody's / It's Goin' Down medley like in RAR 2004 again.

BTW what are the chances of a Live DVD for this? It's a show of great significance to the band, they would sure want to document that..

Last edited: May 21, 2013
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It would be cool if they performed at least one pre-2000 song; "Step Up" or "Reading My Eyes", maybe

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Awesome awesome news! This makes me really wish I could attend that show...

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory....Xero? Posters, flyers... YES! Cool, back to the roots!!!

oooooh wait, let's think! Chester is on another band (STP) and will left LP forever and there is rumors of a new Fort Minor album.
    What if this is about to be their last show as a band together, playing their first songs in the place they started, would be something epic to retire an amazing band! Like the happy and unforgetable ending of Linkin Park?

:rastamike::rastamike::shinado::shinado:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Please do not start rumors on here, even if you're joking. It's the last thing we need :lol:.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I hope we get proshots of the show!

Andreina

And maybe a stream? BEST DAY EVER. :kappa:

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Hell yeah back to der rootz!!!! Reading my eyes will say it in many ways Losing my pride will save it in many days.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Ooh, that's awesome! :)

Old-shcool style ahah. How awesome would it be if they now performed Carousel or Part Of Me for the first time ever? Not that it is likely, but we never know :p

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

I hope they will play Reading My Eyes. And Step Up or the Hip Hop Medley.
    Or Carousel.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

They should play everything from HT EP, shit maybe even some XERO stuff

MIKE SPITTIN <3

[video=youtube;zHmA6kfV5eU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHmA6kfV5eU[/video]

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

Imagine if Mark Wakefield came out for a song ... Xero much?
    I can't imagine a proshot, surely it will just be a crazy rock gig, no big cameras and barriers, no? Maybe I'm just imagining things.

hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Hey that's my hand in the bottom right pic! :p

What a spontaneous adventure today was! It was almost surreal finally finding and running into the guys on the strip passing out flyers. A lot of people didn't even recognize the band and even denied the flyers. It was hilarious! The band members and of course, Mark and Adam were friendly as always. It really was a great treat for the fans and a very cool way to go back to where it all started. I can't wait for the Sunset Music Festival!

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Gut feeling is telling me High Voltage might be played.

Deep in the recesses of my mind I have exploded in sheer excitement.

Wish I could attend.