Linkin Park studio album collection to be released on January 15

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not to be a jerk or jump down your throat, but there's nothing more frustrating then reading someone acting like what they say is fact when they have zero proof or evidence to back up their claims. You weren't in the studio when these songs were made so you can't be certain whether they're live strings or not. First off (referencing an earlier post of yours), why would Linkin Park send demos to iTunes to be mastered, when they they have the final versions? That makes little to no sense at all when they have the final masters easily available. Secondly, the band recorded live strings for MTM as was documented in the LPTV episodes of the time. They recorded strings for all the songs that had string parts on the album, as well as two tracks that were cut and later became b-sides (Blackbirds and No Roads Left). There is absolutely no evidence that SOTD's strings were done on keyboard. Could I be wrong? Of course. But to rebut what people say and claim that you know "for sure" is being a little presumptive.

SOTD/NRL are the final versions. The person who re-mastered them just did a shitty job and didn't respect the original songs.

2. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

First of all, many of us have the opinion that whoever sent the masters to the remaster process just screwed up, and sent a different master from the final one.
    Plus, hearing these new versions we can obviously identify some weird facts: if this is really a final version of SOTD, why do LP always play the wrong one live? Why did they added the drum loop on NRL? This kind of things happen when the songs are still in the making.

With that said, it's a known fact that many of LP's strings are made on the keyboard in the first stages of the production, and later recorded live. This happened in the Meteora recording, in the MTM recording and even in the LT recording.
    Hearing this SOTD version we can identify a keyboard loop as strings, and the sound is more keyboard-ish in my oppinion. So I assume this is a near final demo that later had live strings hadded, together with the reversed loop Joe plays live.

If saying that is being presumptive, so all we are, because none of us were in the studio to witness that this version has live strings.

EDIT:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  3. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I'm hearing a slight bit more clarity, and several songs are mixed a little different. Does anyone here think that it's actually worth re-buying the songs? I mean, I have literally every song LP has ever conceived and made public at one point or another on my iTunes...but if there's way more quality to these new versions I can't in all good conscience ignore them.

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Well there's one way to finalize this: ask Dave on the 23rd. That way we can figure this shit out.

5. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I'd say only the songs with noticeable differences could be worth re-buying them; so SOTD,NRL, maybe Across The Line. I might be missing some songs though.

6. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Mind you, noticeable doesn't mean that they sound better.

7. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Never said the opposite lol.

I just said that they can be worth re-buying for those who collection all LP tracks, since they're a little different from the regular version. Of course that doesn't mean that they're better or anything.

8. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Hopefully someone will ask him ^_^

9. DyingThing

DyingThing Banned

All I care about is whether A Thousand Suns has been mixed again, if they keep up these terrible mixing decisions they might as well start selling us the stems.

10. Nick Hart

Nick Hart Well-Known Member

I am crying because of this comment

11. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Please don't bump old threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.