Linkin Park studio album collection to be released on January 15

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    maik_gianino

maik_gianino Well-Known Member

Not completly sure, but i think that the band signed for a 5 Studio Albums contract between Meteora and MTM. So they have 2 more to release.
    But something came to my mind, they, LP and WMG released 4 Singles (Maxi, Promo and Digital, but are singles anyway) in less than a year with Living Things.

Sounds, looks and smells weird to me.

chihuasG

chihuasG Well-Known Member

I don't think think this will count as an "official release". Considering, they don't usually do these kind of things. I think it's just a collection made by online retailers (kind of like iTunes Essentials).

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Anyone else scared shitless of this possibility?

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

NIGHTWOLF

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

They have Meteora on there.

:trollface:

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Not really, most of the demos not named 'Pretend to Be' or QWERTY (if that even counts) have a nasty habit of ending up being horrible.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

How is it that when I make the same exact point hours earlier in the shoubox that Derek had just made in this thread, his post is taken seriously and I am written off? :lol:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

:facepalm:

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

LP has two more albums with WB, that means we wont get the 6th LP album untill maybe dec or jan counting from june 2012 chester said a new LP album every 18 months, than a 7th LP album in middle/late spring of 2015. My calculations could be wrong. But why is this just a digital collection only? I dont understand

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Because for some reason it's a sin to discuss LP in the shoutbox. Don't worry, I don't get why this is the case either :p.

And for everyone who keeps saying '2 albums'. I'm pretty sure Road To Revolution counted as a release. Even though it had pre-existing material on it, it was still an ALBUM and a Warner Brothers release. The band should have only one more release left. Not two.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The point of the demos being property, no one knows exactly how their contract with Warner is written. It is entirely possible that LP owns the rights to anything they wrote. Not saying it is likely, but it is possible. Needless, I'm not worried about it.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Prove me wrong, most of their demos have been terrible and there's no reason to believe they're hoarding gold.

maik_gianino

Hey, so... what about A Thousand Suns + ? Why only RTR count as a release and not ATS+?

Finisterra

Finisterra Member

"LP has two more STUDIO albums with WB"

Contract = Studio Albums (exemple: Madonna with Interscope - 3 Studio albums)
    Contract Extras = Live albums, EP, Remixes albums, etc.

"Epic Pictures will be handling foreign sales at Cannes, and they’ll have an additional selling point as Linkin Park has agreed to handle the soundtrack for the violent film, which will be exec produced by Bill Boyd and Rob Cavallo, chairman of Warner Bros. Records. Cavallo is responsible for some of the bestselling soundtracks of all time, and the “Mall” soundtrack will fall under Linkin Park’s record deal with Warners."

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Feels like a cash-grab by Warner. Wouldn't surprise me if the band were against this. Thus the lack of promotion.

As for Trent Reznor being hypocritical for signing with Columbia, his initial issues were with creative and promotional freedom. He acknowledged when discussing the Columbia signing that when it came to the amount of work that goes into manufacturing, promoting and distributing his music, he had bitten off more than he could chew. I'm sure he has an understanding with Columbia regarding artistic freedom and having a say in how he's being marketed.

MattLP

Yeah you're right, but even when their contract ends with WB they will either renew with WB or sign with someone else, cause i am sure there are
    going to be alot of label companies wanting to sign LP, cause i really dont see LP going independent. But you never know.

maik_gianino

What about if that is the reason to release more faster?, what if, they want to jump out from Warner thats why they rush the releases?

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I was reading this thread on my iPod and for some reason when I read this I couldn't stop laughing. :lol:

MattLP

Yeah true, so if this collection is the last release than LP is done with Warner by the end of the week.

visioniscary

visioniscary Well-Known Member

waw, what are you doing Linkin Park,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.