Linkin Park Talks New Music With Fuse - Teases New Music Debut

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 15, 2013.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

It aint gonna happen the ATS lovers need to accept the fact that they will never make another ATS album just like they will never make Another HT. This band is getting old
    they are starting to go downhill little by little they already peaked they are the most overrated and the most successful band in the last 12/13 years
    They only have a few albums left in them b4 its the end of Linkin Park maybe 2 or 3 albums left i mean i want them to make 10 albums but that aint happening

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Sounds exciting.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I literally wanted to slap you while reading this post.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Lol, what?

They were the most overrated band back in 2000-2005. That is almost a decade ago. People thought they'd never make an album as impressive as HT, but then they made ATS. They have more chances of making another ATS than they have another HT. And I do not know what you meant by going downhill. If its popularity wise, then its been the same since the past 5 years. If it's musical quality, then you are wrong cause they have only been improving ever since Meteora. Your analysis is wrong in every aspect.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

not knowing what to expect in their new album is more exciting than knowing whats going to be on the album :awesome:

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The soundtrack for The Mall is probably already done, they're just waiting for Joe to get the movie finished. Studio sessions for The Mall started right after they wrapped up sessions for Living Things (early May 2012, prior to the beginning of the tour), and they worked on it more during touring breaks, as well as probably working on it while on tour too. Ethan Mates' website actually implies that they finished recording the soundtrack back in October, because it's not mentioned as one of his ongoing projects in more recent updates.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Which means they could have been working on album material for a good 7 months!

Last edited: May 16, 2013
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Now that you mentioned Ethan Mates, out of curiosity checked out his site and read:

WHERE ARE THESE THINGS? BRING 'EM TO LIGHT NAO. Did I miss something? Could those be tracks of the "remixed" project instead?

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

If this is true, maybe they plan on doing a double album. Disc 1 would be the new album, while Disc 2 will be the mall soundtrack. Having this proposed double album released along side The Mall would be the perfect promotion for the movie while also giving LP fans a lot of new music at once. (Which is always a great thing)

Private Donut

Private Donut Well-Known Member

Chester said during the making of Living Things that LP wanted to quicken their album cycles. Granted just because they want to release an album 18 months after the last one doesn't make that true but if they manage to get that down we'd be looking at December release this year. All things considered I would place my bets for a Feb/March release next year. And in all honestly if they consider a double album like Gibleson mentioned that would kill two birds with one stone for me. It's good incentive as a consumer and as a fan of LP to back them up for whatever project they are working on.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

A double album is overkill.... :nekurogedoro: look on Green Day's Triple Album, Uno, Dos, Tre.. It doesnt make sense...

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Hope it will come out next year

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

A double album can be done well if good enough material is made to justify a double album. As of recent, I thought Coheed and Cambria's The Afterman was brilliant, along with Stone Sour's The House of Gold and Bones. Green Day hasn't really put out anything decent since American Idiot in my opinion, and their triple album effort wasn't any better.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Some of the live recordings which appear as bonus tracks on different editions of "Living Things" were mixed by Mates.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I highly doubt there will be a double album. I think the mall soundtrack will be its own entity.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Living Things II :kappa:

Hopefully they take their time more on the album...or at least go crazy on it.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I'm sure they'll grab some of the music they already made since HT.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[video=youtube;znqBNw5mM6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znqBNw5mM6I[/video]

*talks about The Mall* ''more on that will be on linkinpark.com or Linkin Park's Facebook later.''

I'd say these LPTV's are gonna have music from The Mall OST rather than new album.

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I hope they make a country album just to piss everyone off.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

This whole "let's hurry up release new album every 18 months" thing makes sense only if they want to end contract with WB. Or they have changed their mindsets they were in at 2010 that they don't want to make radio-friendly music only to please the label.