Linkin Park Talks New Music With Fuse - Teases New Music Debut

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 15, 2013.

1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, I think that the album has various overarching themes, although what they are is up to individual interpretation. :)

2. Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear some heavier stuff on the next album. It doesn't even have to involve screaming, I just want Linkin Park to make some good hard rock songs, without electro beats ect.

3. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Well, technically, it's a multi-concept album, not just a simple concept album. Mike clarified that when he spoke to MTV about it (yes, I sometimes read MTV News) and posted it in the ATS Wikipedia page. Yes, I was responsible for most of the stuff in that article. I wanted it to be a certified "good article". :lol:

4. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

How did you figure that out?

5. minuteforce

It's a little-known fact that Jack_Farrell is actually the elusive "seventh member" of Linkin Park.

He's probably gonna hate me for revealing this but, whatever

6. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Exactly dude what ppl dont understand is that LP CAN make a heavy album without having to bring in the nu metal sound. I would like to hear just a plain Metal album. Heavy Guitar solo's from Delson
    would be sickk. Or maybe just a full hip hop album

7. Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

8. laura

laura Well-Known Member

may be a heavy metal saund? i don't know i don't like it so much

9. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I would go for tenth member at this point. Seventh, eighth, and ninth go to Kenny Loggins' keytar, Mike's laptop, and Sally Field respectively. :kappa:

10. Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

Indeed. I would like to see the heavy side of them, that's not Nu - Metal. I'd like to hear some solo's from Delson too. When they played Bleed It Out with Mike from Incubus, that sounded pretty awesome. I'm not saying the whole record should be heavy, but a nice variety of songs would be pretty amazing.

I think the solo makes the song ALOT more epic, so I would like to see solo's from Brad in the future if not the next record.

[video=youtube;PIhenvdQ6OU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIhenvdQ6OU[/video]

11. Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Mike talks about a nu-album?

That's definitely a hint to another nu-metal album :kappa:

12. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The problem with that is you are talking about two completely different playing styles. Einziger is known for a flashy and in your face approach while Brad is generally another piece of the delicious layer cake. What I mean by that is that Delson would happily tone down his instrument if it means the rest of the song will benefit from it. Take the example that you posted. When Mike jumped up and started his face-peeling solo, not only did it not fit the Linkin Park sound, but it felt very distracting to the rest of the song. Also, when Brad did solos for songs like "In Pieces," there were a lot of people that felt it was unnecessary and "taped on."

13. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I didn't :(, that is actually one of my favorite LP songs ever and precisely because of that solo. I also loved seeing him putting it down on the Making of MTM.

By the way, now that people are mentioning solos, what can you guys say about that pic Mike put on his Instagram about "Brad ripping solos" in the studio? Was he serious about it (the solos)?

14. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm not saying that I felt it was unecessary or taped on, but I did see it mentioned before. If not here then it was on the LPMB.

15. Geki

Geki >.

MTM was really the only LP album that had ''solos'' and I thought they were awesome. I love the solos in Shadow Of The Day, In Pieces and The Little Things Give You Away. I do however think they should have just went with the power-chord bridge instead of the solo for What I've Done, like Mike said on the LPU11 CD notes for Bang Three. Anyways, I think LP COULD definitely pull off a metal album, or some metal songs, but I don't know if LP would ever do it. I don't think Chester would be up for it because he isn't into heavy music really, and I'm not sure if Brad would want to either. I know Mike, Rob, Phoenix and Joe would do it.

16. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

HEAVY METAL

But this is true of every flashy guitar solo. Brad's not especially guilty of anything. :p

17. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

As to the guitar work, I want brad to push himself as much as possible

18. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Oh, they are. Chester is a fan of Ministry, Jane's Addiction, The Misfists, Nirvana, Metallica, and so on. Brad likes Punk music.

But yes, let's be realistic, an heavy LP record won't happen anymore. Mike is the brain of the band, and if you look at his spotify playlists, you'll realize the chances of getting an agressive record are close to 0. Nevermind I guess. On the other side, I'm pretty postive they'll always find a way of putting at least one or two agressive songs in their albums, no matter the style.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  19. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Sample-based?? Isn't it we're loaded a lot of samples way back ATS?? isn't that enough yet?? WFTE just took 7 months during that cycle.. how can't they able to manage that?? What i missed a lot from the band is the strings-based type of songs like SOTD, Breaking The Habit, etc. They need to team up again to David Campbell..

20. minuteforce

You can't generalise LP's approach in the studio using one song . You could call both of the last two studio albums "sample-based", IMO. Hell, sampling as part of the production process has happened since they started the band. It has no bearing on how long the music will take to make. Hip-hop and electronica have always been a big part of the band's sound.

The closest thing to a strings-driven song LP has made is the Reanimated version of "Crawling". On every other song that uses live strings, said live strings are always buried in the mix. Also, all of those songs are heavy on electronic elements.