Linkin Park Talks New Music With Fuse - Teases New Music Debut

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 15, 2013.

1. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Its possible they can make a heavy album but their own way of heavy, again they can make a heavy record without having to use the nu metal sound. It will
    be a new challenge for them to make a heavy album that doesnt involve the nu metal sound, that doesnt involve electronic beats, something that we havent heard from them.
    That doesnt involve lyrics about how much life sucks or how much you hate your ex GF and that doesnt involve the world ending such as burning inside the fires of a thousand suns.

2. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, I know they potentially could. Of course they can be heavy without being nu metal. I always get irritated when some people act like anything heavy is generic or déja-vu, while 80% of post 2004 LP has consisted of slow/midtempo stuff.

But, I'm simply saying that they won't. Why would they when the lead composer of the band almost exclusively listens to alternative/indie/hip hop stuff? Mike can write an hit-you-in-the-face song from times to times , but he'll never write an entire album which is the opposite of what he listens to daily. The only way I could see an heavy record happening would be if Mike suddenly felt in love with tons of new innovative heavy bands, which I don't see happening.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  3. MattLP

Yeah i hear ya i mean its more possible that they make a hip hop album than a metal album. If they make a full hip hop album that would be cool tho and the fan base would get bigger.

4. Qwerty19

Hip Hop/Indie/Progressive for the next album. I'm calling it :)

5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Polka for the next album. I'm calling it :kappa:

After watching the interview again, we really shouldn't overthink it and do math about LP recording times... We've based some of those on previous albums but if we look at it in a more strict way, one or two albums isn't enough to set a trend and predict a pattern. Besides, Mike called the recording processes in the interview as "amorphous" so, what do we know.

There might've been 3 years between MTM and ATS but there's no way to know how much time it took them to fully engage on creating "the real thing", not just tweaking around and creating b-side material. It could've even taken the same time as LT, but we just don't know that.

6. MattLP

How about Jazz for the next album that would be dope!!!!

7. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Get some saxophones and trumpets up in that bitch!

Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Would love to hear some horns on the next record along with strings.

8. MattLP

hell yeah!!! i can so hear Mike rapping and Chester singing and screaming over some saxophones and trumpets

9. Qwerty19

Let's do both together. With a little touch of Flamenco and tango maybe. Perfect hybrid music :cool:

10. MattLP

We need more songs like 26 Lettaz In Da Alphabet

11. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

[video=youtube;U6HvDauioWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6HvDauioWQ[/video]

12. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Exactly.
    I don't have any expectations from the album. It can be Heavy Metal, ambient, folk, polka...whatever. (I don't want it to be Heavy Metal, but if it sounds good..)
    If it will have that shock and out of norm "stuff" that ATS had.

13. laura

laura Well-Known Member

may be linkin park use the dub step? bah

14. Geki

Geki >.

Chester said his the only heavy band that will keep interested is Mastodon, he said that in the 2011 LPU chat. But it doesn't really matter. I know he likes Metallica, but they're more classic metal. Ministry has some fucking HEAVY shit, but still. I think if Mike wanted to make a heavy song/record the rest of the band would go along with it, that's how it usually seems to work in studio footage from LP.

15. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

I fucking lol'd.

-------------------

I'd actually hate it if they went dubstep, or full electronic. Unless it was like weird, ATS electronic stuff. I'd like anything that's a change for the next album, and is innovative and groundbreaking. I'm happy for them to do what they like, as long as it isn't like Living Things. It's good, but the overall sound becomes really boring, really quickly.

16. laura

laura Well-Known Member

i don't like a dubstep but i like ats sound or living things sound

17. NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

What if it's dubstep but guitar progressions are a big part of the sound too?
    I can't remember which electronic artists I've heard do that, I was trying to remember those songs.
    what if it was that with vocals?

After ATS I kinda thought they would do what they did with Living Things because that's what I would've done.

But if rock/dubstep happened I would be surprised that I wasn't surprised.

18. laura

laura Well-Known Member

it's very strong sound but why not

19. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Honestly, if Linkin Park started to do dubstep, I would probably be done with the band.

20. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

A cinematic feel for the next record would be totally epic.. since they are busy for "The Mall" maybe they could apply it to their next record...