Linkin Park: This is your next album.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Whellow, Jul 26, 2012.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I'd like something influenced by Dead By Sunrise with that LP sound...

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I'm going to want the same thing I wanted with LIVING THINGS... New Linkin Park music.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Do you just go into every fucking thread and say "MIKE DOES ALL THE WORK GUYS EVERYTHING IS ALL COMPUTORZ". Because that's seriously what it's starting to look like.

Let me ask you this.

Do you spend time with the band? Do you actually know what goes on in there? This is a polite way of saying [citation needed]. I think the rest of the band has as much input as Mike does.

Otherwise, Haters be hatin'. :trollface:

mastae

mastae Some Honky

In My Remains/I'll Be Gone

Seriously don't need more of that shit. DBS was ok but it wasn't GREAT like they could be.

See, that's my main thing with LP's music lately... it's good, but it's not GREAT and you hear that it has that potential to be truly something amazing. This is especially on almost every track of LT. It's like almost great, but not quite there, so it just rests at being "decent" and that's it.

LP need their Violator, their Songs of Faith and Devotion, they need something that truly expands on their sound while also delves deeper lyrically.

I know they've gotten into this "we don't want to say what the songs are about" BS, but it's not like their lyrics are very vague to begin with. I would love for LP to start having deeper, dark lyrics. Some DM shit, where their singing about an adulterous relationship or alcoholism (and no, Breaking The Habit doesn't count, because it does little to bring metaphor to the subjects relationship with addiction). Example would be like DM's It's No Good, where the POV is the drug singing to the addict.

I doubt we'll ever get anything like that, but still...

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

You bite your tongue. Suckas and fools left suckin' that ass.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The time for you to raise the flask has passed ;P

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

When I said DBS I was thinking of those more rock songs, like Fire. Living Things has two (If you count STB three) ballads, and they're both amazing... Why not make an album of those aggressive electro songs like The Catalyst and slower, rock ballads? Mix MTM and ATS and add a little bit of LT and there it is... :)

EDIT: About the lyrics: ATS had amazing lyrics:

''And in the end we were made to be apart
    In separate chambers of the human heart''

''You build up hope, but failure’s all you’ve known''

''You say you're not gonna fight
    'Cause no one would fight for you
    And you think there's not enough love
    And no one to give it to''

''Far from the world of you and I,
    Where oceans bleed into the sky.''

It's not about drugs or addiction, it's just awesome...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

I laugh every time i see another post where a fan presumes to know the men in the band and their dynamic and process and goes on to dictate their fantasy of what the band should change, do or be based on those presumptions.:lol:

They are grown men, not children. Sometimes, it boggles my mind how people think the other five members are this scared passive little bunnies whose creativity and input are stunted by Mike and his all powerful computer or that if Mike is in charge, there was no possible way that they approved of it or are fine with it because they are all Mike's little bitches with no independent opinion or choice. :rolleyes:

Everything else in this paragraph contradicts those sentences. It's like you don't really know what you want to say or you really just want them to fit into whatever box or idea you think they should be with complete disregard and ignorance for the actual reality judging by how you decided that they have a" self-imposed band limit."