Linkin Park to Play Hybrid Theory In Entirety

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Nov 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

There was also an instagrammed photo of Chester in the studio that Mike released yesterday as well.

2. elcappucino

elcappucino Like that.

Skip to 5:22

[video=youtube;YWMZguyN560]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWMZguyN560[/video]

Hopefully we'll see that sometime too.
    Anyway, awesome that they're doing this.

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

FOB.....oh well, LP will kick butt

4. Maars

Maars Well-Known Member

This is great news! I hope, there will be some kind of pro recording of this. It also would be great to see them play My December with Dave playing cello, but that's probably not gonna happen. :)

5. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

This is the last thing I wanted from the band. Thank god they won't play Meteora in full. (yet) Just listened to HT front to back and there's only 2 song I still like.
    Times change. :ermm:

6. Hybrid

I hope they play Meteora in it's entirety one day.

7. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Is FOB going to also play a full set there or be a support act? I'll be really excited if LP and FOB share the stage. :lol:

(And yes, I became a fan of FOB after listening to their latest album and Patrick Stump's solo record haha)

8. Hybrid

It is a festival. They will probably play right before Linkin Park.

9. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Now that I've read the thread, I want to comment a little bit more about the little bitchfest that went through some posts ago. Right now, the band announced that they will play their most successfull and popular record, which was also their first, in its entirety, for the first time in years. That's something that should definitely be considered as cool. But yet, there have to be people complaining.

It seems like the main concern the dislikers have about is : "Damn. It will make the close-minded nu-metal suckers fans happy. That's terrible". Well, I honestly think that those are things people shouldn't worry about. If you worry about it, the main reason is probably that stupid fight between some "old" vs "new" LP fans. With this mindset, this news comes as the worst thing ever, because it's like Lp pandering to the enemy, those nu-metal fans. But honestly, if you think more about it : why the fuck would you enjoy a news depending of how it rejoice some parts of the fanbase?

But if you want to enter into the pander-game, then let's do it. Know what? The most probable thing is that LP has never really wanted to go into pandering. They haven't done ATS to say "fuck you" to the nu-metal fans or to rejoice those who like more alternative music, they have done it because that's what they felt should be their musical direction at the time. As, now, they aren't doing this show to say "fuck you" to the alternative fans or to rejoice the nu-metal fans, they are doing it because they probably still enjoy most of this record and want to do something special. As simple as that.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  10. Hybrid

In hindsight, they should have done this for SSMF.

11. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

One one hand, they'll play Pushing Me Away again.

On the other hand, they'll play Crawling again.

12. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'm hoping that doing this will help them remember Forgotten and maybe they'll play it more moving forward.

See what I did there? Remember Forgotten. Hoh. But for real though I do like that song.

13. Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

Fuck yeah! I'm definitely going!

14. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Too bad that it is in 2014...Why LP you don't come in my country?:cry:

15. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I agree with with you they were never nu metal, they are in their own Genre. They are a Hybrid band that mixes rap, rock, electronica, they can be really heavy and they can be really soft, Nobody can copy their style, that is the Linkin Park sound.

16. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Holy shit this is awesome news!!

Can't wait get my ticket now! :awesome:

17. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Well, I know what I'm doing the first Saturday of the summer break.

Kinda lame?

18. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

One of those "20 things", I suppose. Will be interesting to see more stuff being revealed.

19. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I may be coming around to this idea. I just really do hope they perform all of ATS someday...

20. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

I think it's important for people that are commenting to relized that it was likely Andy Copping (Guy who books the bands) that asked them to do this and if they weren't I doubt he would have booked them at all. He did this with Metallica and the black album a few years ago, he said he won't have them come back and play because they played too often unless they did something speical and played the black album in full, so they did and then they also ended up playing more shows in Europe like this.

This is Download Festival, they like to do things like this and it gives them a selling point for what otherwise the majority of people that go to Download would have been underwhelmed by a pure Linkin Park booking since they just played in 2011.