Linkin Park to Release New Album Early 2012?

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Can't believe I haven't posted here yet - Am I the only one who noticed the typical craptacular Rolling Stone "journalism" at work in this article? The only place that actually states an "early" 2012 release for the album is the title of the damn article! Chester never states anything more than he's pretty sure they'll have an album out at some point next year, but Rolling Stone conveniently twists that to indicate that it could be out within 6 months.

Follow me on this one:

-Linkin Park lead singer states they'll hopefully have an album out at some point in 2012.
    -Rolling Stone puts words in lead singer's mouth and twists that into an article saying "NEW LINKIN PARK ALBUM EARLY 2012" because it creates more hype than "New Linkin Park album out sometime in 2012, hopefully."
    -Clueless fans take Rolling Stone's word as gospel, and word of mouth does the rest of the work - "Hey, did you hear LP's new album is coming out early next year? I read about it in Rolling Stone!"
    -Subsequently, several months from now, when LP will in all likelihood say in further interviews that their next album will be out towards the end of 2012, the same batch of fans who took Rolling Stone's word for it will get all pissed off - "OMG LP lied to us again, how dare they?!"

You see, people? THIS is how all the bullshit starts. :rolleyes: I swear, I've never taken a journalism class in my life, but I'm 100% certain I could do a better job than half of the morons who write for magazines like Rolling Stone.

2. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

DOCTOR OCTAGONAPUS BLARGH!

That said, haven't both Mike and Chester at this point said the album writing process has gone faster than usual?

3. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Actually, you'd do a terrible job as you're notorious for providing factual information to the public. Can't stir shit up without some bullshit. Consequently, you are not full of shit ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.