Linkin Park's "Guitar Center Sessions" episode to air on DirecTV on December 5

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Dec 3, 2014.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Brad's improvisation on BIO at the O2 arena was super tasty.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Agreed

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

To be honest, I feel Brad is actually trying a lot these days to improvise. What I've Done extended solo is almost always different and he occasionally improvises on the Until It's Gone solo. His solo for GATS is actually getting pretty great. He tries improvising on other songs when he feels up for it. This is from a guitarist who never improvised 13 years into his career and hardly played any solos. If he keeps doing such things in every show for the next 2-3 years, he'd actually be able to pull such things off without the occasional awkwardness, which we see these days. It's pretty obvious that he isn't used to playing such stuff in front of 1000s of people.
    I'm really glad the band made THP. Without this album, Rob and Brad wouldn't be stepping up like this.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

To be honest, as far as I know, no one listens to LP for their "technicality" or Brad's solos. Dude's always written catchy or melodic stuff. I mean, he's written the TLTGYA solo, HHH's instrumental, Three Band Terror, NMS's intro and so much more. It's not like he is not creative and does nothing in the band. In live, he doesn't have a great presence, yes but some people are less extroverted than others and I think that's fine. I saw so many people complaining about how un-energetic he is live but if he's not the most social person in the band, what do you want him to do? Fake excitement?

Before someone interjects me by saying that shouldn't affect his guitar playing or something, I agree. I was just talking about a few people (on youtube I think) who were pissed off at him for not enjoying while playing numb.I even think there's an article somewhere(Broken foot, shoutweb article I think) where he says he's got a reputation for being anti-social. Its not like he treats fans like shit or something. He's just not that excited to play live, get over it.

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

When people pay money, and LP concerts are big money for concerts, they want to have a good time and see the band having a good time. Brad wasn't always as lazy on stage as he is now, he used to be energetic along with Mike and Chester. I'm pretty sure at RAR 2004 he ran across the stage playing the One Step Closer heavy intro. Brad playing live always seems like he's playing for a paycheque, whereas Mike and Chester seem to feed off the energy from the crowd. Even Phoenix is more active than Brad on stage nowadays.

polleo

So, the band has to fake and force themselves to seem like they are having a good time playing a song they've played a thousand times? :shrug: Also, Joe literally carried Brad on his back on the O2 show :lol: that show was a lot of fun apparently, they can't have fun all the time at all shows when they play the same songs. I thought everyone wanted them to play more new songs but apparently there is a crowd online and more so in real life that wants them to play more HT-Meteora stuff and think they don't play enough of them:)rolleyes:)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

People pay to see the band do what they do, whether they realise that or not.

True. I like watching Phoenix play the most. :)

Saying that that crowd outnumbers us would be a massive understatement.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I would love to disagree but i totally agree. Being in a band i get both sides. Sometimes you are going through the motions. It's not NOT fun, but it's like reciting a written speech. BUT as good as my band is locally we've had terrible bands pack places. Why, atmosphere and stage presence. I don't need guitar swings but man, they arent Coldplay, look like you're enjoying rocking out lol. But on the flip, during you're 60th show you might just coast on muscle memory. I have played shows where it felt like i was on stage for 10 minutes. It's a balance

Derek

Am I the only one who forgot that Brad has suffered from back injuries among other ailments this year? Maybe the reason he barely moves anymore is because he has chronic pain from it still. *Shrugs*

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Yeah, I forgot this one also, Brad suffered from back pain from the last tour. It's no surprise why Brad barely moves on the stage.

Derek

Yeah. I'm honestly surprised that Chester goes as crazy as he does some nights considering he's had both back and hernia issues several times in the last few years.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Finally got a chance to finish this tonight. I had to re-record the episode since my previous record for some reason stopped around the 1 hour mark.

Fantastic performance from the band and the Harcourt interview segments with Mike and Chester were awesome.

minuteforce

Excellent.

Alex Andronic

Alex Andronic Member

Yeepee-kaieye !

polleo

[video=youtube;YFMHPMG2NHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFMHPMG2NHQ[/video]

Dunno if anyone's posted this. "Potential collaborations" "recording demos for new record" Wow. Too soon for that right?

minuteforce

Do you know when that video was uploaded, Polleo? :)

polleo

:facepalm: I am the smartest person on LPA for sure.

minuteforce

I still think you're cool <3

polleo

:cry: Thanks.

Alex Andronic

Alex Andronic Member

No links with your recording yet! We need that recording, please! Or you don't have it ?
    Use Mega to upload and share it. Link to the recording or it didn't happen! Wish you all the best!

The episode airs tomorrow morning (18th December) at 7.30 a.m. ET on Audience Channel 239

Please, someone, we need this recording. According to LPL.net "Bump because this is pretty important. Please spread the word. Apparently no one has been able to record the episode yet." So, we need the people who can record this to be nice and pass the performance/interview around.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014