Music Linkin Park's Identity Crisis

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Reflectionist, Jul 19, 2013.

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Last year (2012), I did a mash-up of Numb / Pushing Me Away called "The Breakdown". It's a megamix of a few different Linkin Park songs, and people seem to really like it. I'm cheap, and lazy, so I decided to expand this into an EP of sorts, called Linkin Park's Identity Crisis.

The idea is to sort of poke fun at the tracklists of HT and Meteora, having the staple "drum intro track", "fast track", "anthem track", "hip-hop track", "lead single track that everybody skips", "instrumental track", followed by the "sensitive track", while incorporating elements from the other three albums and just generally trying to make everything sound cool and try to get you guessing where certain sounds you might hear came from.

I've got plans for a few more tracks (as mentioned above), so I decided to just plan an EP around them. For now, you're only getting three tracks, unless you're someone I share stuff with all the time, then you'll probably hear more as it progresses. I don't have a release date, but only because I don't like rushing things like this. I don't want to just sit down and force myself to make progress if I've got zero inspiration. This is the thread for the project, though, so when it's done, I'll edit this post and the first few comments probably won't make any sense at all, but that's okay.

Here are the tracks so far:

1. My Addictions [Given Up vs. Breaking The Habit] : Featuring elements from Points of Authority, Wretches and Kings, It's Goin' Down, Dedicated, and Victimized.
    This is the newest one, so if you have only heard The Breakdown and Bridges, then this one is for you. It's more of a 'firecracker' type track, featuring lots of raps and screaming. I built it around the similarity between the drum tracks in both songs, then added onto the groove with the Turntable track from It's Goin' Down. This is basically the token anthem track. This one, interestingly enough, is also the first one I've done that uses stems from all five studio albums, and then some. Enjoy.​

2. Bridges [New Divide vs. What I've Done] : Featuring elements from Burning In The Skies, Lost In The Echo, and Powerless.
    Please check this one out on YouTube if you'd like, and do share! I'd really, really like to get some comments / views on YT for this and the next one. This mash-up kinda made itself, since What I've Done and New Divide are pretty much the same song. This is also why I was completely confused when Linkin Park announced Iridescent for Transformers 3 instead of Burning In The Skies (which shares the progression). If it were Burning In The Skies, I would've called this the Transformers Suite or something. ​

3. The Breakdown [Numb vs. Pushing Me Away] : Featuring elements from In The End, Crawling, and Burning In The Skies.
    This one is also on YouTube, so the same story applies as above. Of course, I think most people here have heard this one, I just never really made a thread for it. I got the idea for this from THIS troll video on YouTube. Instead of being lazy and derogatory toward Linkin Park, I decided to take the concept a bit further and make it something that actually sounded cool. Then, in my typical troll fashion, I added more Linkin Park songs to it, because... let's be real, it's not just Numb and Pushing Me Away that sound the same... haha.​
    --+--
    Other ideas include Cure For The Itch vs. Session (I actually kind of did this before. Check this video out and skip to 6:14. It's not great, but it was ten years ago. I was fifteen years old.), and Place For My Head vs. Bleed It Out [with Papercut, Blackout, and The Catalyst] (I'll have to melodyne the SHIT out of this for the key, but I think it'll work.)

"So, what do you think?"

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

That's awesome!

Reflectionist

Nerd42

Nerd42 Well-Known Member

Reflectionist!! I haven't run into you in years. this is great ^_^

Reflectionist