Linkin Park's Meteora Sells 4 Million Copies

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    crazy_caos

crazy_caos Well-Known Member

finally good news these days...
    CONGRATS LP!!!!!1 :D

limited_edition

limited_edition Well-Known Member

AWESOME i knew it would (kind of :unsure:*) well done LP you diserve it !!

you kick ass meteroa

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

yeh i no wat ure saying.
    But meteora doesnt need all these singles.
    They should have stopped at FTI and made it an international single.
    So far we have had SIB, Faint, Numb, FTI
    And everyone was like ok so FTI is gonna be the last single surely...no more.

Now we have 2 more singles.... :unsure:
    Lying From You and BTH on the radios at the same time????
    thas 6 songs that have been released by meteora on the one album that has only 11 songs????
    Isnt this gonna discourage ppl on buying the album...they be like "hell ive already heard half the album its not worth buying anymore"
    might as well download the rest of the songs......lol probably be quicker too since they dont go for too long.

I think they might as well release the whole album and make history or something...lol

im not bitching BTW.....im jus stating my point of view with all these singles. [/b][/quote]
    in my opinion i think it will make people want to get the album more so. but hey everyone can have an opinion ^_^

BloodOnTheDashboard

BloodOnTheDashboard Well-Known Member

i think its great LP release more singles = more publicity, more sales, more recognition. Isn't that the main aim of a band?
    i thought fans got pissed off when like they only release a couple then bring another one out :wth:

but WOO all hail the park! ^_^

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Congrats to them for selling 4 million copies. ^_^

K1mm33

K1mm33 Guest

Congrats to LP :D :D ! 4x platinum is quite amazing.

Anyways I can understand why some are thinking, "why are they releasing all those singles?", its like they're over exposing themselves to the market but that's business folks. I believe the record company sees a lot of potential in all their songs and can actually squeeze out all its worth for more money. If they know all the songs are possible hits why not release them? They can rake in a lot of fans and listeners which is really smart, greedy, but smart.

"From The Inside" was not released in N.America so I can see why two singles are being released here. But I have to admit that two at the same time is rather too much.

Faint.09

Faint.09 Well-Known Member

Big congratulations on the success of Meteora. Congratulations Linkin Park, you guys deserved it! ^_^

mazepa

mazepa Banned

;) yah i have to agree lol good news, never..... awesome news!!! and think of how many were sold world wide, compaired to the states!holy!!!!
    :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob: ---congrades to all of you guys! lp all the way! :p

Linkin Park 03.L¶.03

Linkin Park 03.L¶.03 Banned

Hey Congrats LP :D but Lying From You in muchmusic hasnt even hit the charts yet? they said it would be a very very light video for muchmusic and wouldnt go ver far! so we'll see! cant wait for breaking the habit and 4x platnium hope it gets better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.