Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

2. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

From THP i like All for Nothing. So underrated

3. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Halfway right is so ............. Right.:lol:

Giorgos [Blind View] likes this.
  4. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This has been me for the last hour or so.
    (Oh how I wish Mike was my father :halfkappa:)

5. Giorgos [Blind View]

Giorgos [Blind View] blah

No love for Halfway Right? Nice album, all songs are super catchy. Good job, LP!

dontFindOutMe likes this.
  6. Blake

Disclaimer= A lot of this is opinion based.

I don't agree with that. I think One More Light is the first album to botch the singles/songs released before the album.

THP= Rebellion, Final Masquerade, and GATS were perfect singles that are better than majority of the album

Living Things= Lost In the Echo, Castle of Glass, and Powerless were perfect singles that are better than majority of the album

ATS= The Catalyst, Waiting For the End, and Iridescent were perfect singles that are better than majority of the album

Minutes to Midnight= Leave Out All the Rest, Given Up, and Bleed It Out were perfect singles that are better than majority of the album

Meteora= 6 singles. Arguably the better half of the album.

Hybrid Theory= I know a lot of people will disagree on this but I think In the End and One Step Closer are two of Linkin Park's best songs ever. APFMH should have been a single over Crawling, However.

Chris loves LP likes this.
  7. fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

Isn't there something about that chorus that makes you feel it could be a really uplifting part of a movie, where a son gets a talking to from his dad? Almost like the circle of life in the lion king.. I mean that in the best possible way as I love this song beyond measure right now

Alexrednex likes this.
  8. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Great songs - 'Nobody Can Save Me' (when the song kicked off i almost came), 'Sorry For Now'
    Good songs - 'Invisible', 'Talking To Myself' (it was better live and they should have included the clapping sound on this one), One More Light (I don't want to depress myself listening to this everyday but for a slow song, it's pretty good,)
    Half decent - Battle Symphony, Good Goodbye
    Dead to me - Heavy, Sharp Edges (Chester sounds absolutely horrible on this one, i can't listen to this without cringing)

EDIT: I forgot Halfway Right, still no idea what to think about it, it's so weird lol

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  9. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Holy shit, I actually mentioned to my sister how I thought the electronic breakdown once the guitars kicks in sounds kind of like I Just Can't Wait To Be King from the Lion King or some shit like that:lol:
    She said I was crazy, but I AM NOT ALONE.

fio1310 likes this.
  10. YazooRafa

YazooRafa New Member

Damn, I've felt so much sadness listening to One More Light, you know, Chester sang with such sadness in his voice, I must say that I really cried, and that for sure would happens anyway, but I thought that would cry for the lyrics, or something else. It's almost like i had a chat with someone crying by my side. Man, that was something...

I'm still reading all your opinions, guys.

But I must say that overall i liked, more than I thought. I'm not from the team "it's different, so it's good", I just want to listen to good songs, could be HT'ish style, ATS epic way or whatever, really, i just care about what i feel after the song ends. And sometimes, some songs gave me goosebumps, like Sorry for now's ending, wow.

Loved SOOOO MUCH Nobody can save me, i think that what makes it better than BS for me, it's that NCSM it's actually a beaultiful song, as BS i just feel it as a "nice song, cool to hear it".

Listening to the whole album, I'm glad, kinda relieved, altough I must admit that these awesome 6 guys could do so much more than this, they can be sure of one thing: this guy here is still one of their fans, and with a happy smile in the face.

11. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Definitely like the 2nd half of the album more than the first. I'm not sure where I'd rank the album in their studio discography.

Fucking love "Sorry For Now" and "One More Light"

Didn't think I was going to like "Sharp Edges" based on everything I had read, but man it's nice.

12. Blake

Chester's vocals on One More Light are incredible.

But the rest of the song is underwhelming.

Edit: I have now heard all songs except Sharp Edges. Will listen to that after class and listen to album from front to back on bus ride home!

lpfaneki likes this.
  13. josemol

josemol New Member

Mine just shipped today so yeah...don't think I'll get it that fast but I'd like to be surprised.

14. drackslayer

drackslayer Well-Known Member

I'm feeling like the first time I listened to ATS. 'Wow, what a different thing. It doesn't look like Linkin Park. "

Luckily I liked all the new songs.

15. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

Sorry For Now is a bit of a standout innit

Alexrednex likes this.
  16. wolfboy

wolfboy Active Member

I have mixed feelings about the album. It works better as a whole, where some of the weaker tracks blend in with the overall sound, rather than separately, which is strange for a pop album. These are definitely their strongest lyrics to date on any of their albums (with the exception of Heavy). My ideal LP is these kind of lyrics + A Thousand Suns + The Hunting Party + real bass lines that Phoenix will never play.

Notable tracks:
    - Nobody Can Save Me: My favorite song off the album. They should have made this a single
    - Sorry for Now: Interesting production on this one and like the role reversal between Mike and Chester.
    - One More Light: This feels like the kind of song they tried to with The Little Things Give you Away but they pull it off much better here. Intro sounds like Coldplay - The Scientist.
    - Sharp Edges: One of the songs that works great as an album closer, but not so great by itself.

Overall, 6.5/10

17. abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

Linkin park shouldn't have released heavy as first lead single for this album,it got much more way better songs than it...... personally its better than THP in bieng catchy and mostly by lyrics

People judging this album without listening to it on basis of heavy are certified idoits and emotionless humans

Gravity_LP likes this.
  18. Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

I'm the guy who always defends Linkin Park. But this album isn't good except for "Heavy" and "Sorry for now". Lets hope it changes in few days because no matter what this album will be on repeat for the next few days.
    The Album is really short. It just ends unexpectedly.

19. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Chester should sing/rap the way he does on Sorry for Now on more songs. I actually like that performance more than anything he's done in quite a long time.

Sorry for Now is the only track I've listened to from the leak, aside from the rest of the officially released material. It is damn amazing.

abbaslp likes this.
  20. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Mike said that they had thousand of demos. Can they release deluxe songs?

Gravity_LP and blackout. like this.