Live Compilation Idea?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by emptyspaces0, Dec 14, 2012.

emptyspaces0

emptyspaces0 Hunter Eats Hunter

Alright, I have an idea I wanted to do for a while now. Many fans make live compilation of bands nowadays and I want to do one with Linkin Park. My idea is get every song they played live and make a giant compilation. I wanna know if I should do this so I can share it with all of you. I would also like help with order of songs, album title, and artwork. I have every show as of now on my computer including all soundboard shows. Who thinks this is a good idea?

Geki

Geki >.

I honestly have wanted to do this for a while as well. But it seems like a huge headache. I was thinking to get the 'best' performance from each and every song LP has played live. I think it would be an awesome idea but I have no idea how to contribute... I have ideas for best performances for most songs but it would suck because the best performances are sometimes from DSP's and LPU releases, official releases, etc.... and we can't share those.

HT - All Songs
    Meteora - All Songs
    MTM - All Songs
    ATS - No Robot Boy
    LT - No I'll Be Gone, Roads Untraveled, Skin To Bone, Until It Breaks or Powerless

Reading My Eyes
    Step Up
    And One
    My December
    High Voltage
    It's Goin' Down
    Enth E Nd (Not actually performed by LP, but by FM)
    Frgt10
    P5hng Me A*wy
    A.06
    Collision Course - All Songs
    Qwerty
    New Divide

Besides covers of songs is that all?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    bullettrain

bullettrain Well-Known Member

It sounds like a great idea, but some songs will be harder to find with others. HTF would be one of the few I've tried to get a good quality version of but with little success.

There are song that have alternate versions such as PMA (piano and album) that need to be thought about

I've also heard that Robot Boy had been performed in Sound checks never in shows, so it might be possible to get a live version of that, who knows?

All in all, a fantastic idea, but a lot of work will be needed for it to come together. I'll help in whatever way I can

Geki

Geki >.

Nope. Sorry. There are no recordings of Robot Boy from even rehearsals... But I think the biggest issue with this is at DSP's and official live releases are not allowed to be shared. A lot of the best performances of LP songs are from those IMO. We would have to find either audience recordings or proshot audio for these all instead..

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Probably wouldn't happen, but I thought someone could make a DVD with all the songs from some album live. Like LP did themselves with Hybrid Theory Live, Meteora Live and so on on Spotify before LT was released. That would be awesome.