LIVING THINGS Scavenger Hunt: Progress & Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

I'm waiting on the last clue being in London, then I can finally help the LPA ;)

2. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

The next clue is aaagggeeesss away. :mad:

3. 3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

It has been really fun follow all this process in this forum :)

By the way, I'm new here, and I hope I can help with something anytime :)

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Welcome to the site Eduardo!

5. 3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

One thing I'm fearing with this campaign, is because of the amount of effort put into it, fans may not be satisfied with the end reward no matter what it may be. People are really building this up in their heads and they're potentially setting themselves up for disappointment.

I hope I'm wrong though.

7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Especially after the clusterfuck that the "Burn It Down" puzzles were, it'd be hard to really blame anyone for that. ;P I don't expect anything amazing and I'm just following the progress one step at a time rather than worrying about any big picture this time around.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  8. T-Issa

T-Issa Well-Known Member

In my opinion, if person is smart, he(she) will never be disappointed by the reward, because, as somebody said before, our work together is already a reward.

9. minuteforce

Your opinion is that people who won't be disappointed are smart?

10. ecnaidareht

ecnaidareht Well-Known Member

I've been following the scavenger hunt since its beginning. I couldn't believe that somebody can make such a "game". This is awesome! I'm getting more and more excited with every clue.
    If LP could make such an effort for the album promotion (actually starting with ATS), I wonder what will they do for the next album. Sick!

11. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

To be honest, this scavenger hunt is just a more simpler version Amazing Race. Alot simpler.

12. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I wonder how much longer this will go on...its been over 2 weeks already now? Once Germany is done, there will have been clues on every major continent.

Although this has been fun, I'm kinda hoping Germany will lead us to the final location this Thursday/Friday and we get whatever payoff it is we are waiting for.

13. Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

I missed the JAPANESE AMERICAN NATIONAL MUSEUM part, but I'm here now. :}

Good job guys!

14. T-Issa

T-Issa Well-Known Member

Not exactly.. It is hard to be disappointed after such hunt. They gave us lots of emotions (if somebody doesn't understand this, it's his problem). But I don't even wait for reward after this. It won't be surprise for me if there will be no reward;)

15. Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

The only thing that would disappoint me is if the payoff was something you have to be there to receive, but I am like 90% sure this isn't the case.

16. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yea I doubt they would leave the prize to only those who are at the last location.

Its obvious at this point that its going to be some audio from LT. Whether its a full song, parts of a song, parts of multiple songs, track times and detailed band notes on each song, maybe some roots to have another remix contest or something? Idk.

But it has to be something along these lines. Anything else would be disappointing and inappropriate for such a global effort on this thing.

17. minuteforce

Well, yes. On our part, this is a lot easier than solving coding/sliding puzzles and stuff. All the steps are kind of cut-and-dry but, even so, that doesn't take away from the fanbase's involvement. :) Because of that, the tasks are causing little-to-no frustration so people can have fun, often to the extent that they forget entirely about a reward. So, in terms of execution, this thing has been flawless so far.

That said, people will still expect something at the end of this and there's nothing wrong with that.

18. T-Issa

T-Issa Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely there must be something in the end.

19. Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

Regardless of what we get at the end, when you think about the amount of effort that was actually put into this, the BURN IT DOWN puzzles required a lot more effort. The scale of this is just a lot bigger, which, I agree, might cause people to build it up in their heads and expect a big reward. But when it's all said and done, I think most people will be happy either way.

If anything though, I honestly think the fact that this has been drawn out over weeks now is making it worse than the hype. If the clues had been available more quickly after preceding clues, we'd probably be done already, and fans wouldn't have had as much time to brood over thoughts of a reward. That's my only complaint.

Not sure how people aren't freaking out about this already, but regardless of the reward, WE GET A NEW SONG FRIDAY (or there abouts)!!!! Songs heal all wounds.

20. BlackChester

BlackChester Well-Known Member

t- 9:40h I'll keep you posted what's happening in Berlin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.