Living Things Song Meanings

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by A Wretched King, Jun 16, 2012.

A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

i know theres a lyrics thread but thought it would be better to have an entire thread of what their about and how you view them as. Ive only listened and read a long a few times so i dont really have much to say YET. but what does every one think each song is about?

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Wasn't there an interview specifically saying that they based the songs off past relationships or something? I vaguely remember

But this is a good thread idea; I was just thinking this

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

"LOST IN THE ECHO" is definitely about moving on from a really hard/bad relationship with someone you've known for a very long time.
    "BURN IT DOWN" is about the breakdown of a relationship and moving on from that.
    "VICTIMIZED", to me, is really just "VICTIMIZED VICTIMIZED NEVER AGAIN VICTIMIZED D:<". Something about not being victimized.
    "ROADS UNTRAVELED" is all about letting go and feeling at ease with yourself over a lost love. Trust me. I decided to listen to it again, paying attention to the lyrics (cause the melody's KILLER good), and man, did my ex-girlfriend of 1 year and 2 months pop directly in my mind.
    "POWERLESS"...oh man. This, to me, is about someone who holds everything inside themselves, but really doesn't care about letting it all go (cause they easily do). And Chester's POV is from a concerned friend/partner/lover who tries to make everything right for them, but it's sadly out of their power (hence Powerless).

That's what I got so far. x)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
    shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

CASTLE OF GLASS

Take me down to the river-bend
    Take me down to the fighting end
    Wash the poison from off my skin - uncanny reference in my mind to old western movies, where he, though it's sung at peace, is emotionally troubled and almost begs for someone to end the suffering, take him to the closest river in the wild that's surrounding him, and wash all the crap away.
    Show me how to be whole again - please, make me normal, but most importantly, bring me back to myself.

Fly me up on a silver wing
    Past the black where the sirens sing - after an emotional resurrection, he wants to fly above the sirens, avoiding all the stress, watching it in the distance and having none with it.
    Warm me up in the nova's glow - self-explanatory, great line. Power me up with the fire of a thousand suns.
    And drop me down to the drain below - now that's he at the top of his game, release him.

Cause I'm only a crack in this Castle of Glass - best line; he feels (or felt?) small and not needed (only a crack), but is self-aware because one tiny crack in glass can shatter the whole thing (because washing the poison off his skin and being whole again gave him strength to overcome fear).
    Hardly anything left for you to see
    For you to see - sad and powerful at the same time; he's tiny, but the paradox thickens.

Bring me home in a blinding dream
    Through the secrets that I have seen - puts all the crap he saw in life aside and tries to live a full life.
    Wash the sorrow from off my skin
    and show me how to be whole again - combines the blinding dream with the river-bend, imho. Physical to mental catharsis.