Living Things & the Reviews

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Stormus08, Jun 26, 2012.

Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

I was looking at the the Living Things wiki page, and noticed the majority of the reviews were positive. Out of the thirteen reviews listed, the average was about a 7/10 (link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Things_(Linkin_Park_album) ). However on Metacritic the band only registers 60/100, pretty poor.(Link: http://www.metacritic.com/music/living-things/critic-reviews ). Are certain sites only taken into consideration for Metacritic? Furthermore, why is it that larger publications seem to never give Linkin Park any love? This album isn't bad.

I for one really enjoy this album, yet it seems in some people eyes this band can do no good. I don't know whether some people just hate Linkin Park in general, regardless of their music, or they truly think LP consistently sucks.

Either way, it's pretty disappointing to see some of these reviews. Also, I know these reviews mean very little, but I cannot help but think that some people who are borderline on whether to give the CD shot are going to read the reviews first and be turned away.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Can we stop this bullshit about people having it in for Linkin Park every time they don't get an ass-kissing? In my opinion, it's a middle-of-the-road album that's getting middle-of-the-road reviews.

Stormus08

I said I do not know whether people do or do not. Furthermore, when EVER have the critics kissed Linkin Park's ass? lol.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

You're bitching about reviews that don't coincide with how you feel about the album. You're bitching about reviews that you claim to not care about driving people away from the album. To quote you:

That's you bitching about your favorite band not getting the ass-kissing you think they need. Whether this album was a raving success or a critical failure, you would still single out critics who didn't like the album whether they wrote for Allmusic or some unknown blog.

It's Linkin Park. Everyone under the age of thirty knows their name and their sound. No review is going to sway a hater into listening to the leak and no review is going to deter a fan from spending their money. The impulse buyers who aren't all that invested in music don't pay attention to reviews. If they did, Nickelback wouldn't have a career.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

LP has more talent then most out there but music reviews shouldn't exist. Because music is more opinion based then anything

Stormus08

Wrong. It's not how I feel. To most people I have spoken to, those who do not even follow Linkin Park, seemed to enjoy the CD. It has little to do with what I think. I'm actually more down on this album then 90% of the people on here.

When did I said I did not care about the reviews? I said they mean very little, but I never said I didn't care about them.

Once again, wrong. And shame on you for claiming that. People have their opinion. We can't argue opinions, so I'm not going to jump down anyone's throat who doesn't like the album. I was simply asking why they received the reviews, like which part of this album is that bad. I wasn't offering conclusions. Although I said it did seem as though people have a negative stigma attached to Linkin Park.

What? Have you listened to the last three albums? Anyone who knows their sounds, would know that they do not know their sound. The last few albums they've put out have been completely different in nearly every aspect. Either you don't know what you're talking about, or I'm getting trolled pretty hard.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Why would you even make this topic other than to bitch about mediocre scores? If these scores didn't bother you, then why would you be saying this mouthful?

Haha, bullshit. You said:
    You're right, it's a fucking quantum leap from ambivalence to inconsequential.

You answered your own question right before this one. You know damn well why.
    Yeah, because this album is a huge departure from New Divide and In the End. They play radio rock with power chords and some synths scattered all over the place.

Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

spitz sounds like a big Linkin park fan :p