LIVING THINGS Track Times Revealed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought that LGM was for the scavenger hunt and share to earn and those who pre-ordered get another track from LIVING THINGS. I am sad now.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  2. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

That's definitely possible, although on the other hand, you could probably point to any pop/rock/metal/punk/hip hop/electro aspect of the last three albums and say: "Rick Rubin might have had input there, due to him working on *Insert Album*"

It's definitely possible though. Although, much as I enjoy Slayer (they're one of the few metal bands from my metalhead teenage years that I still listen to sometimes), I'm not sure I would enjoy Linkin Park taking on fast triplet galloping riffs and windmill headbanging :p

3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

see, what i don't get is that the band said the top 10,000 from the share 2 earn program would get an exclusive song for themselves. LGM was released to everyone, so technically the top 10,000 should still get a song

but that's just me being too technical and LP not paying attention to the words they use :(

4. DarkWolf

DarkWolf New Member

Hit The Floor is 2:44 min long and it feels like at least 3:30 min long song. I think the length of Victimized is just fine. And it also makes you to listen to it again and again. ^^

5. Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

Haha Dementia, you and I are on the same wavelength! The main reason why I believed another song would be released is because if I was one of the top 10,000, I would be upset that I wasn't getting a song for my efforts. And like you said, I'm not complaining, just wondering.

6. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Albert einstein couldnt had say it better

7. Blake

Yeah I know what you mean, its like Oh you did all this work, here you get nothing. Also some people might call it that the band lied to get more sales of their album and became twisted business people (i don't think this, but knowing Lp's fanbase someone would). I would want something for my efforts.

8. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

im happy with these track times and album length....remember:

Hybrid Theory: 37:52
    Meteora: 36:34
    AND NOW:
    Living Things: 36:58

And Hybrid Theory and Meteora were both amazing...i have 100% faith in Living Things =)

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  9. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I also thought that we would get another song, not LIES GREED MISERY, from the SHARE TO EARN thing.

10. Blake

I don't want to say this but technically if we don't they lied. They said 10,000 would get a song for them only to download. LGM was given to everyone. Technically we should be getting another song but I know it won't happen

11. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I was in the top 10,000 too (somehow) but actually the more I think about it, I'm not sure I want a third track revealed to me. I know if it's available I won't have the willpower to not listen to it, but I'm envisioning the day I go to buy the album and drive home blaring it with the windows closed unlike some because this way I encase the sound and yea I'm going off the point of this message...I'm thinking about that day and how I'm already going to have 2 of 12 songs be like 'ok yea I know this one'...I'm not sure I want that with 3+. There's something to be said for going in fresh, and I want the vast majority, not just majority, of the album to be completely new to me.

I can see what you mean though that if LP worded it a certain way, they should hold to it.

12. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

So by looking the track lengths of the new album, LIVING THINGS is truly a firecracker record... so after the album will be release, a new record again by the end of 2013 or early 2014? that is fast...

13. Schmo

Schmo Active Member

This literally made me lol.

14. RipGore

RipGore Banned

Maybe there is sooooo much screaming in that song, that Chester can only handle 1:46 of screaming, especially when doing it live. Anything after that duration will cause his throat to bleed literally.

15. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Agreed. I'll be good with the two we've got and some snippets in the coming weeks. :D

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm quite fine with these lengths, sure some are a little short, but the majority is over 3 minutes. That's a decent song length. Most of these tracks are only 10-20 seconds shorter than No Roads Left, and that is a decent length track.

17. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I don't understand how people have come to think that 3:00 is a short track length anyway. Suddenly we're all spoiled and expect 4:00 out of every track when only a few years ago, 4:00 would be somewhat more of a rarity. Plus, the shorter the track, the less messing around, thus most songs will get right into it.

18. Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Not to mention that most radio stations don't play songs over 3:30 so the more short songs you have the more leeway you have to pick your singles.

19. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Damn you, I want epic seven to ten minute long songs that the radio stations will refuse to play. /sarcasm

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thank you.

These songs are only a minute shorter on average than ATS tracks, and some of those tracks felt very long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.