Living Things vs A Thousand Suns

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Money Maker Mike, Jun 16, 2012.

?

Living Things or A Thousand Suns?

1. Living Things

68.7%
  2. A Thousand Suns

31.3%
    Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I voted ATS because of the risk in making and the process on how it was constructed... LT is on the second line.

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Well I'm extremely happy at the amount of positivity Living Things has got because it truly is a brilliantly crafted album. It completely pummels ATS to the ground

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

While ATS is still superior in concept, risk, artistic value, experimentation and atmosphere, LT is superior when it comes to the songs, which is ultimately more important. So it's a draw.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

You can't really compare the two. If they were movies, A Thousand Suns would be more of a Suspense/Drama and LIVING THINGS would be an Action/Thriller. And I'm more Inception than Shawshank Redemption so I voted LIVING THINGS

Analogies. I'm doing it right. :leo:

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

you may think it's early but I don't.

and anyways, Meteora was my 3rd favorite album ever, which means LT had to be in top 3 since I think it is better. It took out Meteora and also Neighborhoods by Blink-182 to become my second favorite album ever

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

I am very interested in the current results of this poll being someone that has not listened to LIVING THINGS yet.

I have the highest of high opinions of a thousand suns. I actually believe it's one of the greatest albums in the history of music. So I'm just not so sure LIVING THINGS can top it.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I can't possibly choose, and here's why:

ATS, in the context that it's a concept album, is my favorite LP record.

LT, in the context that it's not a concept album, is my favorite LP record.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I'm going to tell you know that ATS will be more my style. I like albums to an experience. ATS is journey, a story. I close my eyes and i can see the story play out. I'm expecting that from LT.

brianlp01

brianlp01 Well-Known Member

Totaly agree with you about ATS being one of the greatest albums ever. Its gonna be one of those albums that becomes famous years after its release and people really grasp what it accomplished. People hear Living Things 3 or 4 times and are already stating that its the greatest album they've ever made without letting it sink in. I thought M2M was the greatest thing ever and now I dont care for it to much aside from TLTGYA. Idk where this ranks among LP records yet. Time will tell. All I can say with 100% certainty is that ATS will NEVER be topped.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Agree.
    ATS is great but only as a whole... LT has a bunch a great songs that I can see myself listening to for years. But what ATS has and LT doesn't is that monster track that blows everyone's minds. I'm talking about When They Come For Me of course.

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

Don't you mean.. Burns it to the ground :cool:

Anyways, yeah I like LIVING THINGS more at the moment. It's still fresh. A Thousand Suns.. It's a very good album, but as a whole.. It's too repetitive for me, I usually just listen to some songs. All though, I have to say (besides the interludes) the only song I truly dislike on A Thousand Suns is When They Come For Me. The only song on LIVING THINGS that I'm not sure about is VICTIMIZED and.. the beginning of UNTIL IT BREAKS, is okay to me, it has wub wub wub in it, which I don't like that much but as the song progresses it gets a lot better, for me at least.

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

I cant decide ..

ATS is an epic album...a journey withsome pretty amazing unique songs...it just cant be any better..

Living things..on the other hand...well certainly i've never liked any album more than this in my first listen...

but i'm going to stick to ATS..the interludes melding into songs..and with songs like WJL into iridescent, Journada into WFTE, fallout into catalyst and the first 2 songs in burning in the skies...this epic structure happens only once that is...tinfoil into powerless to some extent....

my order as of now is ATS>LT=MTM=Re-animation>HT>meteora

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

ATS is more of a creative risk and more experimental.

But LIVING THINGS has stronger songs in my opinion. They're both strong on their own merits.

DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

It's been a day, so I'm still going to hold to A Thousand Suns. What's fascinating to me is how completely and thoroughly "Burn It Down" misrepresented the album, which has much more in common with A Thousand Suns than earlier albums like Hybrid Theory and Meteora. There are some surface similarities, but sonically, experimentally, lyrically, Living Things could not have been conceived without A Thousand Suns. The electronic sheen that unifies the whole. The more evocative lyrics. The structural wackiness on tracks like "Victimized" and "Until It Breaks." The campfire mood of songs like "Burning in the Skies" and "The Messenger" returning on "Castle of Glass" and "Roads Untraveled."

It's pretty clear now that there are two eras of Linkin Park. Pre- and post-A Thousand Suns.

linkinparkfan

linkinparkfan New Member

living things is way better than ats

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Haven't heard LT yet, but, wow. I can't believe how much praise it's getting.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

You're in for a treat :) The experiment of ATS is what brings this album into its own.

OmarAbaza999

OmarAbaza999 Active Member

TBH Living Things crushes ATS to the ground. ATS was my least favourite album for Linkin Park.
    as of now this is my ranking:
    1. Hybrid Theory
    2. Meteora
    3. Liviing Things
    4. Minutes to Midnight
    5. A Thousand Suns

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Just you wait. There's no song you could possibly hate...

Except possibly Burn it Down

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I could never really hate Burn it Down. But the only reason I can really tolerate LGM is because it is in fact Lp.