Living under loaded hate

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Cubehead, Sep 20, 2010.

Cubehead

Cubehead New Member

Hi there, LP fanbase (I hope!).

Here's the situation. I've never been a HUGE fan of Linkin Park (not as in "I didn't like them so much" but more as in "I didn't know them very much but liked all I knew from them"). I know every bit of Minutes to Midnight, but I can't say the same for HT and Meteora. Anyway, I liked them because of their unique style that I couldn't find anywhere else. And so, I was waiting for ATS like crazy.

And then, September 14th arrived.

And then, I listened to the whole album.

O-M-G. At first, I thought that was the best thing I had ever heard. After the second listen, I thought that was the best thing I had ever heard. And so on.

Logic reaction : I went to my friends so they could listen to it. Surprise : they ALL hate it. This is not what I had planned.

Here I am, on this website. I usually never register to forums or things like that. I'm not a part of any internet community. But I HAD to come here.

I came here to find people who actually like the album. But do you? Do "true Linkin Park fans" like this album? I have friends who are "true Linkin Park fans" and hate it. No, not a "they could have done better" hate. More like a "1 star out of five" hate. I guess they're losing what they don't deserve.

Everybody wants the next to be just like the first.What I hear the most is "It's nothing like Meteora or Hybrid Theory". WELL. Is that what makes them hate it? Would they like it if it had the name "NOT LINKIN PARK" on it? This is not Hybrid Theory. This is not Meteora. Let it go.

I think these people are not even listening to the album. It is so musically creative and intense, you just CAN'T say it is mediocre. You can say you don't like it, but I've seen reviews and comments on websites like YouTube that are just completely stupid. I guess true music art won't ever be considered by a large part of society. The good part is sadly the minor part. The people up top push the people down low.

And that's that. I felt a little bit cut off from this cruel world, so I came here. Maybe you all hate this album, and I'm the weird guy. If you do hate this album, here's my advide. Listen to it, once again. And once again. I know this is nothing like old LP, I know you can't get enough, but give this one a chance. It's pure art.

The band has moved on.

Start trying to catch up, motherf-.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I like this thread.

A great deal of us enjoy the album quite a bit. I'm probably in the minority in saying this is the best album they've put out thus far. Don't worry. You'll find more of us here. You're in safe hands.

EDIT: That said, there are a fair amount that also don't like the album. It's bound to happen. So if it gets to a point where heads might butt, just agree to disagree and LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOO

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I enjoyed the album. So you aren't alone

Minus

He's... Not Alone? :awesome:

Badum tish.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I don't know if you actually want an answer or not. The veil of puns and sarcasm is way too thick bro :lol:

Cubehead

Cubehead New Member

Thank God I'm not alone. I guess there's two groups of LP fans, now. We're gonna have to face this new divide. (w00t)

Minus

He's about one step closer to starting a pun thread.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

It's already started. With you being one of the catalysts.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

This sums everything up. To not like the album or the sound they chose is one thing, but to say the music is "crap" and "the worst ever" is just proving how pathetic those people really are. It's technically much, much better than anything they've done. There is no debate even. If you can't admit something is actually well made, even if it doesn't appeal to you, you need to take a long look at yourself. There are a lot of good bands that I can't stand listening to, but I'm sure as hell not going to call them terrible just because my ears don't like them for some reason. A lot of the crap LP is getting is totally unwarranted. It's just narrow minded people that can't see the truth. But, haters gonna hate.

Edit: All of the crap LP is getting is unwarranted.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    ShinigamiPWN

ShinigamiPWN Sir? SIR?

It can't be outfought, outdone, outmatched, or outrun.
    No.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm swimming in the smoke, of puns that you have made. Welcome to LPA.

SecondCityKids

I believe he found somewhere he belongs

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Loved the CD.

For me, it seems most "haters" out there are the ones constantly bitching about needing a Hybrid Theory 2...

SecondCityKids

You mean a Hybrid Theory 3. We already have an HT 2 AKA Meteora :lol:

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

They should make an LPU CD with joke "nu-metal" songs and call it Hybrid Theory 3. I'd find it hilarious. I'd laugh til I hit the floor

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

It's easier to run from so called "true Linkin Park fans."

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

All these puns are really crawling in my skin.

SecondCityKids

Oh no! those wounds will never heal

jrablao

jrablao Member

I know! It's like there's no way in breaking the habit...

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Before I moved into University, I looked up my roommate on Facebook to see if I could find out anything about his interests. Right on his wall was a quote that Joe made about the Catalyst video. I was ecstatic that my roomie liked LP, and figured he must follow them intently like I do. I was wrong in that aspect.

I ended up having to tell him that A Thousand Suns had leaked about two days after it happened, and he also didn't understand what leaking meant. He had been listening to the Catalyst though, and he seemed to enjoy it. I remember he finally listened to the full album, and when I got back form class the first thing he told me was "Is that all? There's a bunch of short songs, it seems unfinished." I laughed inside and told him that it was the real deal. He skipped through several songs on his first playthrough which I found annoying (he even skipped Blackout after the first chorus, and Iridescent DURING the guitar solo/group chorus). Since then, he's listened to the entire thing a couple more times, but I've never heard him exclaim how good it was. I haven't heard any LP material played from his computer for a few days now, so I think he was disappointed with the album. Although, ironically he was addicted to Waiting for the End.

It just goes to show that ATS has definitely created a large divide between fans.