LOATR Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I understand what you're saying, I just don't agree with you. In the definition you gave for "controversy" it says a "prolonged public dispute, debate or contention [...]" and to be fair I'm sure people are still debating it which was my point.

At any rate I didn't say you couldn't think what you did. I was just at a loss because everyone else found the meaning and relation and you didn't so I was confused.

And I can see how that could be condescending. I'm sorry since that wasn't how I meant it to come across. When I was naming off their videos I was like, "Wait, pretty much all of them don't have much to do with the song itself." That's all I meant by that. So sorry again.

@Mark
    You're the boss.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
    B7rent

B7rent Guest

This guy asked for a hi-res version of that sun scene and I got the dvd rip one too but for now I think this will suffice what you were asking for:
    http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/BrentG79/loatr_sunhires.jpg

hope you like :)

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

DVD rip.. where is the DVD it is from ?

My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

Noone's mentioned this yet, so I might be stupid for thinking it.

But this video really reminds me of Ender's Game. I don't know why. Maybe it's because i just read it in my English class, or maybe it's because Chester looks like he's standing in one of the battle rooms with all the stars. hah.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

A DVD rip doesn't have to be from a DVD. If you record something on TV on your DVR or whatever, and then encode it straight to .VOB format, it'll be in DVD quality.

Or it could be from a DVD. All (and I really mean ALL) music videos from the last decade or so have promo DVDs floating around somewhere. I'd just be surprised if someone got ahold of one for LOATR this quickly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2008
    esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I must agree that there isn't really much of a debate on whether Stalin did or didn't vanish people, or on whether it was right or not for him to do so. It's pretty set in stone there.

But regardless, I liked the video. I like LPs "weirder videos" and like this more than any other from M2M (as I found WID and BIO quite poor, and SotD mediocre). The song easily fit the video, but it definitely isn't the first thought one would have after listening it it. But to be fair, sometimes it is good that they get more creative. I don't want another Numb.

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

i liked this video

Isthil

Isthil Member

ah cmon mark, that was entertaining ^.^

yo, ant, i totally agree with you, video sucked. there was no performance or anything, part of the reason i didn't like shadow of the day, but o well. what can you do?

umm, sorry to be blunt, but don't say that. I had no idea what the connection might until i read the posts. but they never actually die in the video. it's assumed they do but we all know that happens when you assume. for all we know they made it back to earth safe and sound with some really cool stuff on there digital cameras

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

awww video no longer available

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Put up a new link.

ProEdge

ProEdge Well-Known Member

Hmmm...

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I mean you no offense, but it's sort of close-minded to assume I literally meant everyone. That's kind of just one of those things you say when you're making a point. You don't really mean everyone. ;)

@esaul17
    No offense, but the conversation about the stupid Stalin thing (which I shouldn't have been arguing about in the first place) didn't concern you. And technically any "discussion" about something could be considered a debate whether there are real disagreements or not. So maybe I misused a term. Fucking sue me.

Anyway, I'm done with the argument, for the sake of not wanting to get warned over something completely stupid.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Not any discussion could be considered a debate. You did misuse a term which voided your idea on what is "controversial". This is a public forum, I don't need a pass to take part in a discussion or debate.

I wasn't trying to continue a big argument. You just need to calm down.

Tech Artist

Tech Artist Active Member

Pretty much how I feel. I thought the visuals in the video were amazing but the song just didn't really match it. It looked more like a video they'd do for a song on there Reanimation album, like Pts.Of.Athrty.

Overall I thought the visuals were amazing and the song is awesome to begin with, so even though the song doesn't match the video IMO, I'm gonna give it a 9/10.

Looking forward to there next music video! ^_^

Btw, this is just a something I noticed, but does anybody else think Chester looks really weird with the facial hair he has? :blink:

CHW42

CHW42 Well-Known Member

I got this on my Zune, amazing ending!

Requiem1394

Requiem1394 Well-Known Member

Pretty, sure, but also rather lame. It really just seemed like Joe wanted to do a space video and used it for whatever song came next.

And to people who think that the image doesn't need to match the song... are you kidding me? That is the POINT of a music video... a video to represent the song. Does it have to match lyrically? No, of course not, but it needs to make sense. This song doesn't feel epic, thus, a space location feels out of place.

Well directed and good effect work, to be sure, I just don't like it with LOATR playing in the background.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I think that if this song had it's original lyrics, the video would make more sense to some people

LOATR Demo: Rough Transcript from M2M DVD

I dreamed I was missing
    And nothing was there
    They've comes from us flailing
    And now you're so scared
    For sun was still sinking
    after it's gone(got?)

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

It's topic's (and pointless debates, nazi-like mods) like this that are the reason I rarely come into this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.