London Bombings

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Danielle, Jul 7, 2005.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Ugh. Like Nikki said, we need to stop fighting about how much of a 'knob' Bush/Blair is and work to fight these dipshits.

They wanna try to ruin our countries/freedom? Well they aren't going to do it without a fight. I'm going outside to hang up some more American flags soon.

Show your love for your country and let's all unite as one to stop this shit. We've already united on the topic of poverty, so lets further unite for the greater good of mankind.

I haven't felt this passionate since 9/11. Despite not being on my own soil, I feel this rage within me that something HAS to be done. [/b][/quote]
    Amen. I fully agree, as soon as it stops raining I'm going out and hanging the American flag back on our front porch, where it belongs.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

This may sound rude or whatever, but I don't see how the fuck this can all be laid back to America... If it was America, then surely it would have been America that would have been attacked... :mellow:

My sympathy goes out to the families of the innocent people involved.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, flags really do help...

Amanda

Leonie, it's not the flag. It's a feeling of patriotism and a coming together. If the country can stand together it makes a force stronger than you could ever imagine. United we stand, divided we fall. Perhaps I'm just a dumb romantic, but I do believe that in unity there is strength.

Leones

Leonie, it's not the flag. It's a feeling of patriotism and a coming together. If the country can stand together it makes a force stronger than you could ever imagine. United we stand, divided we fall. Perhaps I'm just a dumb romantic, but I do believe that in unity there is strength. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, you're a real American...I guess. I'm can't stand that patriotism..but that's just me. Sorry for going off topic.

Dedicated

To add something else, I'm not sure that the terrorists want to kill innocent people... I mean, think about it. They could have set the bombs off earlier when more people were going to and from work, or even worse, they could have taken advantage of the Live 8 concerts and gone all out in 8 different places if they wanted to kill lots of people. It think that they just want to cause mass panic and scare people to get their attention.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm a patriot but I'd prefer it if we withdrew and were safer instead of feeling unity but having to deal with more terrorism.

Dave: Setting off bombs on a tube train is terrorism in every sense of the word. The perfect crime. We're hearing about the east end coming to a standstill and on top of that the death count is rising even as we speak.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Your ignorance in that comment didn't help Leones. I wasn't talking about the flag itself, I was talking about the feeling of patriotism and being united together. I imagine you arent that oblivious Leonie...please.

Leones

Your ignorance in that comment didn't help Leones. I wasn't talking about the flag itself, I was talking about the feeling of patriotism and being united together. I imagine you arent that oblivious Leonie...please. [/b][/quote]
    That post wasn't a comment on you Derek.

Dedicated

But surely 8 bombs in 8 different places around the world which are filled with people both famous and non-famous would be more devasting than say, 4 bombs in one city? It sounds like I'm being insensitive but it's true, isn't it?

@Mark - Yeah, I understand that. And yeah, it's bleak.

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

It's hard to be united when your country is so divided. When so many people have such little amount of faith in their leader, complete solidarity is not a possibility. [/b][/quote]
    Well said. I applaud you.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

There will never be able to be a diplomatic solution for terrorism.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I heard it this morning when i came off work and then fell asleep because I was tired. I know that there are 200+ casualties and 5 dead or something?

Amanda

It's hard to be united when your country is so divided. When so many people have such little amount of faith in their leader, complete solidarity is not a possibility. [/b][/quote]
    That's what I was getting at. It's not about who believes what or who thinks Bush is the greatest, who hates him and who doesn't give a shit. We're all Americans and that should be enough to bring us together in times like these. Showing patriotism is the one way thet we're all the same. That common-ground is what keeps us together.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The actual death count is now closer to fifty, at least.

Amanda

The actual death count is now closer to fifty, at least. [/b][/quote]
    It was 33 the last I checked. It's probably higher now.

fallenangel

fallenangel Well-Known Member

i feel so utterly disgusted at todays events. when i woke up this morning and heard the news, i was in tears. i live near edinbugh and i was half expecting something to have happened there but i guess sucurity would have been so tight, it is logical to attact one of the biggest cities in Britian.

i am so sad for those that had to perish in the blasts and i put out my thoughts and prayers out to those families left behind.

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

to be honest, after seeing him makes speaches on the news, my opinion of Blair has shot up after today. i used to think he was an idiot and such, but after today he has shown he can handle a situation like this very calmly. although i feel sorry for those killed or injured, and the family, friends and loved ones of those people. today is a day i feel proud to be english.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Even though Blair has made some bad choices I still admire him for dealing with all the shit thats gone down in his time as prime minister.

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

I've cleaned all that gobshite up so I think this can be re-opened but I swear I will tear off your legs if it turns into another arguement.