London Bombings

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Danielle, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

:eek: There was a bomb alert in the Birmingham city center yesterday. Apparently the emergency services had to carry out a contained explosion on a bus.

2. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I read that in Birmingham city got evecuated or something because a muslim carried a briefcase.

3. Jonny[uk]

Jonny[uk] Active Member

All the theaters were evacuated yes, however i do not know the full situation. Anyone else from the UK care to enlighten me.

4. Dean

:mellow: Haha, not all British are like that after 9/11.

A lot of the city centre was evacuated, and they had armed police. I don't think they've actually said where they found whatever was suspicious, or even what it was, but it's been destroyed.

5. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Alright, here's my theory. And just a warning before you read this, I'm a bigtime conspiracy theorist, I have radical ideas about lots of other things such as 9/11, the JFK assassination, Oklahoma City, Roswell, etc. etc....so if my ideas sound crazy to you, just ignore them. Anyway, on to my theory:

Consider this: Tony Blair and George W. Bush are like really good friends right? They always try and support each other. Now recently, Blair has been the victim of a lot of criticism over his choice to keep 8,000 British troops in Iraq. The British population feels that it's not the UK's war to be fighting, and there's no need to have soldiers over there. As a result, Blair's popularity has been dropping pretty sharply. George W. Bush most definately noticed, and decided to do something about it.

See where I'm going with this?

The biggest reason British citizens don't want their troops in Iraq is because they feel no real need to be there anymore. Dubya knew that if there was an attack on British soil, a lot of people would start supporting Blair again, under the impression that their country was in danger. So good ol' Dubya sent the CIA over to London with a few bombs. They detonated them, killed and injured a ton of people, Blair made a dramatic speech on the subject, struggling to hold back tears, and overnight, his support in the UK shot back up.

The US government then created a coverup that some devision of Al-Qaeda had claimed responsibility for it. So now the US and UK both have more reason to send more troops over to Iraw and needlessly slaughter more people. Sure, a few innocent UK civilians died, but a few dozen lives are well worth the prospects of taking over an oil-rich country, at least in the eyes of our government.

What is happening in Iraq right now is bordering on genocide. Bush wants to basically kill anyone in Iraq who opposes him, take over the country, and make it the 51st state. All in the name of oil.

6. Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I wasn't sure wether to keep this separate or not.

Read The Full Article...

At least we're getting somewhere.

7. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm going to merge.

8. Dedicated

Okay. :)

9. Dean

That was a bit farfetched, but I wouldn't completely put it past the government. Still, I think you pretty much covered the real reason in the last paragraph and also at other points in your post. This organisation want Britain out of Iraq because, yep, what happens there is probably worse than what happened on Thursday.
    That's not to say I have no sympathy, though. Which brings me on to my condolences for the people caught up in the London attacks, and I'm sorry I haven't posted anything like this paragraph, in this thread, until now.

10. Dedicated

Read The Article...

11. Justin

Justin See you there

That was a bit farfetched, but I wouldn't completely put it past the government. Still, I think you pretty much covered the real reason in the last paragraph and also at other points in your post. This organisation want Britain out of Iraq because, yep, what happens there is probably worse than what happened on Thursday.
    That's not to say I have no sympathy, though. Which brings me on to my condolences for the people caught up in the London attacks, and I'm sorry I haven't posted anything like this paragraph, in this thread, until now. [/b][/quote]
    Word.

12. USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

It's so hard to trust anything the Bush administration says or does anyway so I wouldn't be suprised if we in some way were connected to the London attacks in order to help Blair's popularity somehow.

13. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

The 4 bombers were from Pakistan. 3 out of 4 are indentified.

14. adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

No, they're British. Their parents are from Pakistan.

15. Link04

Link04 Ambient

No, they're British. Their parents are from Pakistan. [/b][/quote]
    Correct, residents of West Yorkshire, in a close-nit Pakistani community.

16. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Ugh. Like Nikki said, we need to stop fighting about how much of a 'knob' Bush/Blair is and work to fight these dipshits.

They wanna try to ruin our countries/freedom? Well they aren't going to do it without a fight. I'm going outside to hang up some more American flags soon.

Show your love for your country and let's all unite as one to stop this shit. We've already united on the topic of poverty, so lets further unite for the greater good of mankind.

I haven't felt this passionate since 9/11. Despite not being on my own soil, I feel this rage within me that something HAS to be done. [/b][/quote]
    Derek is right.

Together we stand, divided we fall.

I have a relative who lives in London, I know he's okay because otherwise we would have heard something from the family.

My condolences go to the families who have lost relatives or friends in the bombings.

17. Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

My condolences to the citizens of London and of England, the injured, and the friends and families of the dead. :(

18. Link04

Link04 Ambient

Derek is right.

Together we stand, divided we fall.

I have a relative who lives in London, I know he's okay because otherwise we would have heard something from the family.

My condolences go to the families who have lost relatives or friends in the bombings. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed something must be done, but granted, unity and hanging up American flags alone isn't going to do it. We must strike the root of this evil instead of hacking at its branches. Why do they attack us? Is it because they hate freedom? I don't believe so. Is it because they hate our culture? They do, but I don't think that's their reasoning for attacking us. As Osama's formal letter, released in 2002 pointed out, the American governments somewhat imperialistic tendencies seem to be the main catalyst.