LostProphets frontman Ian Watkins due in court on the 31st due to charges of being a paedophile.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mark_LP, Dec 19, 2012.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Rape a one-year-old girl? If that's true... I wish he gets the worst he can.

Don't really care about him hating Chester.

Mark_LP

Mark_LP in my fear and flaws..i let myself down again

:O thank you for that info. Ian definitely isn't the guy i thought he was. never liked deaftones, sound like noise to me

we're obviously gunna defend chester in general, but what did he do at sonisphere? lostprophets are good musicians, obviously ian's not the nicest person in some ways (im sure the other guys are) allegedly touching kids and being childish by being jealous of anyone bigger than him. he never even had a good point :/

Geki

Geki >.

He's probably just jealous of Chester because secretly inside, he knows that Chester can sing 100000000000000000000000X better than him, and he's an amazing person, not to mention that LP is a HUGE band. I can't see any other reason as to why he wouldn't like LP. This has to be the only band in the entire world who has ''beef'' with LP. But he is probably referring to how DBS came out at Sonisphere for 3 songs. He called it ''disrespectful'', but it's kind of funnt because MIKE is the one who suggested that DBS do that. I don't see how the fuck that is disrespectful at all. They played the normal LP set plus the addition of 3 DBS songs. DBS is amazing. Plus, you don't HAVE to like it. It's LP's show, they can play whatever they want and still headline any festival in the world.

Also, yes I will defend Chester and the rest of the band. They are the reason I am alive today. They helped me become who I am. A lot of things about me. Sorry if this comes across as rude but if I can't defend my favorite singer and his band on their own fansite then ban me, that's just stupid.

Mark_LP

i agree, chester didn't have to do any songs, plus they only have one album. it's better than nothing!

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I like how this thread is about Ian Watkins being a potential paedophile and yet a few people in here care more about that he hates Chester... :chester:

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

its hard to see a positive outcome for Ian here..

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm in complete shock over these allegations. I really hope it isn't true, but as previously mentioned, his career is now completely ruined whether guilty or not. It's just so hard to comprehend that someone who fronted one of my favourite bands of my teenage years could do such awful things.

On a side note I find some people's actions here appalling. This is a discussion over serious allegations directed towards the frontman of a well loved band. This is going to hurt millions of people. There is a question of children's innocence being thrown into jeopardy, and all people can discuss is who's bitching about Linkin Park? Seriously everyone, get some perspective of how serious this is before you type something completely and utterly absurd. I've got news for you: there are millions of people who can't stand Linkin Park. Why the hell anyone gives a shit is beyond me.

The next person to go off topic will force me to close this thread.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I completely agree with this. Everytime I am asked to name my favorite bands, I name Lostprophets among them, even though their newer music isn't as appealing to me as their older, but I still hung on to that. So yes I was totally in shock after reading the news as well.

It's very strange you know.. Because I've always seen Ian like the typical "rockstar", the anarchist "I don't give a fuck what people say" kind of guy, tattooes, and whatever, but nevertheless a harmless guy, this definitely isn't something you would expect from him. If he had any other charges I'm sure we'd go like "wow, the guy's crazy" and move on, shit happens, but this is VERY serious. Any sort of child abuse is going the lowest of the low.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

THANK YOU.

Mark_LP

i get what you're saying, i realised it went off-topic on a very seriously thread. there's a difference between not liking LP's music and hating them for no reason though, i think it just supported the fact he's a dick aswell as a *supposedly* paedophile. either way we should worry more about the victims who have to carry this for their lives - this sounds sickening, and it's made me realised how bad society is as i write this. nobody would be as bothered if he weren't famous. :/

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

On a more serious note, if he is convicted of this, I will sell my cds of theirs and delete their discography off of my itunes. Anyone who takes a child's innocence from them deserves nothing from me. It's sick and disgusting.

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

Kinda shocked by this. :dafuq: I did not think that Ian would sink this low.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I was thinking something similar to this, you know, in case I DID have any of their records, which I don't. *hehe*

Also I wonder, what would be the opinion of his bandmates, did they ever know of any strange behavior from Ian or something, it must be a difficult situation for them as well, not only their careers are also on the line (hopefully not) but friendship comes into the picture as well. Definitely not easy.

PS. (sorry for going a little off topic here), Hybrid, the "T" is missing in "guilty" in your sig.

Mark_LP

i agree with you its sick and disgusting, but im not going to stop listening to them, they're still great musicians and its not fair blaming the whole band for the singers sick and twisted mistake

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

very true.

In this modern world we live in, how does anyone possibly think that they are going to be able to get away with anything like this? It's beyond me. I'm not pointing fingers just yet, I'll wait until we get confirmation either way...

Mark_LP

agreed :)

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

If he does get convicted, I wouldn't even sell the CDs. That shit belongs in the trash.

Mark_LP

why does it? not to mention how hard the other 5 members who are innocent have done nothing wrong have worked, they wrote good music, ian may have fucked up, and if hes convicted i will never respect him for the rest of my days, but ill still listen to lostprophets

edit: he fucked up, not his band

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I'm not sure about pissing on their CDs or whatever, but I can understand why someone would stop listening to a band if the vocalist was a convicted pedophile. It would be hard to identify with lyrics written by such a despicable person.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Yeah, I mean if I was a fan this would just taint the music for me. The music would just remind me of something totally sick and perverse. Music for me is a place to go away to, to forget how fucking sick the world is.