LP Crowd

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Michele, Sep 7, 2015.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

In the last few days i got into a discussion with other people, who was at the festival Rock im Sektor. Most of them wasnt there for LP, but they had other great acts.
    Here is the problem. The other bands were more punk, so there was more action in the pit. Now i heared and read, that some LP fans cant get mosh pits or crowd surfers, sadly i also saw one who always pushed the crowd surfers away instead to help them to rach the security (a man who was atleast 2 m big and his weight was 150kg). In the facebook group this people discussed about "all this agressive and drunk idiots, who meant to do mosh-pits and crowd-surfing". I mean this is normal, but i heared many of the LP fans ( a lot of the LPU too) had a problem with such standard concert things. This make me think about the fact, if the LP crowd isnt as good as i thought? Last year in Oberhausen, that was a 90 minute smartphone show. This people destroy the whole atmosphere in my opinion. What do you think about such "fans", who cant even stand a little pit or to help crowd-surfers. I think thats, really, really sad for the fanbase.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Because unfortunately the band is correct. The "average" Linkin Park fan in attendance just wants to hear Numb and In The End rather than create mosh pits with the heavier material.

Michele

Yeah, unfortunately you are right :/

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I mean yeah, it's unfortunate if you want to go crazy in a pit and such. An LP pit will never compare to a Slipknot pit, but that's 'cause they've given us such great soft tracks like BID, SOTD, LOATR, WID, etc. Maybe one day we'll get a small, intimate tour with a dedicated heavy experience, but as long as they're playing these huge stadium shows, they're not gonna just go crazy and play a heavy metal show lol.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I hate how true this is.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Well, I like the heavier stuff and I don't just want to hear Numb etc. and I still freaking hate moshpits. I would like to just enjoy the show without getting pushed around and bruised up. Sorry if it offends anyone, but moshing kind of comes off as juvenile to me..

I do agree about the smartphone thing though, it ruins the atmosphere when everyone is too busy filming to clap/jump/sing along.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    minuteforce

you just haven't found the right moshpit!

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Honestly, can you really imagine me moshing? :D No, just no.

minuteforce

Oh, I have a pretty good imagination

Michele

If there arent any idiots in the pit, i believe that everyone could enjoy a little one :lol:

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I have to slightly disagree with you. Filming your favorite songs live is perfectly fine. I am so glad I filmed Final Masquerade live, and I often come back to that video and watch again and again. I see nothing wrong with capturing some memories. Though I feel like people ruin the experience of a concert if they sit there and film the entire show.

InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

So, I have been to Oberhausen and Düsseldorf also and while both concerts were great, I think the problem you are talking about derives from something different.

Look at a band like Kraftklub, where you had crowdsurfers, people jumping, even moshpits, allthough this band is even poppier than LP. They encouraged the crowd to move. They took their moments to actually talk to the crowd, which Linkin Park doesn't do anymore. I mean, I've been to like 7 concerts of LP and I always enjoy it but they do not talk to the crowd anymore.

If, for instance, Chester would start off Rebellion by saying: Ladies and Gentleman I wanna see the biggest moshpit I have ever seen, (stuff that Bands like Kraftklub do) you would see a difference.

With that said, I think I can not recall them talking to the crowd for once during both shows and that just pisses people off. I just talked to some friends of mine, who are more of casual fans and they were REALLY disappointed saying that LP seems arrogant, way to professional, bored. I do not think they will buy tickets for a show again. So, they actually lose fans there. I oftentimes heard Chester saying he is a competitive guy and that they want to deliver the best show of the evening, but that doesn't show anymore. On that day, Kraftklub was the tough act to follow..

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Agreed

minuteforce

Personally, I really, really value the importance of experiencing the moment at things like live shows so I wouldn't be one to film a performance as an audience member.

Michele

^

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I agree with this. I've never liked mosh pits or crowd surfers. I love being in the pit section and having a good time at shows. When a mosh pit erupts, chaos ensues and a good time turns into trying to defend your life and your spot. I've also had plenty of crowd surfers kick me and/or land on my head as they come up from behind while I'm trying to pay attention and enjoy the band.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

This. So much this.

I don't have a problem with moshes being present though, but you won't see me in that uncultured cesspit.

minuteforce

Being in the mosh takes me out of the moment too so I don't particular love it myself, even as I love being on the floor. That said, I feel that it's better for mosh pits to happen than to not happen. Their absence at a rock show is more often than not a sign of an uninterested audience.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

1. The band doesn't really seem to push the crowds to start mosh pits, it seems like they could care less, and apart from that, most of their attention goes towards the front of the pit, those people are the most visible and usually the most active.

2. "fans", unfortunately, only go to listen to songs from HT, Meteora, and some of MTM. Obviously that isn't the whole setlist.

3. For the most part, Foreign Crowds > American Crowds.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Wow, hurtful.

I'm kidding. It's true, American crowds are definitely not as active as most foreign crowds. But that's mostly because in some places it takes years for Linkin Park to play there compared to the US where they tour here about every other year. Also, concerts in foreign countries have much larger crowds and much larger pits than there usual US show. But of course that changes if they play at a festival or something.