LP..Just In It For The Money?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by The_Rising_Tied, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Chester Recently had an interview and this is some of what they said:

Linkin Park's Chester Bennington has high expectations for the band's third studio album. He said he'll be devastated if it sells less than two million copies. The hip-hop rocker's last release, 2003's Meteora, was a worldwide success selling more than 3.5million copies. The album is due for release this year and Chester is determined it should improve on their last. He said "If this record only sells one or two million, that's a huge failure. We really wouldn't be happy if that happened. I would be upset because I take a lot of pride in what we do."

Honestly, 50 cent said the same thing when " The Massacre" came out, and we all know 50 cent is just in it for the money. But i'd never thought i hear a member of linkin park saying this.. Like how can you be so cocky and have such high expectations, like if the album doesn't sell it means no one likes you anymore so you just have to move on. When Linkin Park 1st started i dont think anyone would of cared if they sold a million records i think they'd just be happy selling a couple of a hundred. Honestly, I think LP is just a made up band just in it for the money after hearing chester say that. But im still going to listen to them, because mike works really hard and i know that and i respect what he does. I dont know what to think about this?

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

I think, well yeah Lp is in it for the money and all that, but I'd like to think there is more to it then just that. But I mean who wouldn't have their head a little bit full of themselves after selling as many records as Lp has and collaborating with everyone they have?

Linkin Park works really hard and they spend that extra time perfecting their records and they seem to really care about the fans and give back to their community. Just because Chester said this, dosen't mean Lp sold out, he's just one member of the band. It seems like everyone in Lp thinks in an entirely different way on the new album.

Even if Linkin Park did sell out, they are still my favorite band and it dosen't change the fact that I enjoy listening to their music and I will still love all of the records that they have made to date. I think all of the great bands sell out at one point or another btw...Lp is no special case...

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Chester lost a lot in the divorce, so yeah, he needs the money. But I don't think it's all about it.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

LP are in it for the music. Chester right now is in it for the money because he's been through a divorce. I wouldn't really expect anything different from anyone else.

BTW, Rising_Tied, please don't even compare 50 Cent's money ambitions to that of LP. I don't like the use of the term sellout but 50 Cent should have his picture next to the definition of Sellout in the dictionary. He could care less about anything else about money. LP have always wanted to please their fans, Fiddy just wants to take their money.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I wish I was an admin because I would have banned you months ago. All you do is point out the negative in every situation possible, twisting around words and throwing out your own opinions that don't even make sense half the time or even conmotate with what the topic at hand is even about.

This is a good example. You immediately think Chester and the band are in it for money because he wants to sell records. If that's your logic then every musical artist is in it for the money because every musical artist wants to sell records. Linkin Park is accustomed to selling millions of records; a lackluster sales sheet for their third album would be devastating to a band used to selling loads of records. They're proud of what they do and want their music to be heard by as many millions of people as possible. If it doesn't sell well, then he'll obviously be disappointed that not as many people got to hear it. That's what Chester meant.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'd be willing to suggest that most famous bands are in it for the money. But being honest, who isn't?

This links in to why I hate the phrase "sell out"... If a major record label said to anyone (and I mean anyone) to, I dunno, play a certain chord for a million quid then they would.

Oh yeah, and LP's collection of DVD, live album/DVD, remix album and "mash up" album suggests that they may well be in it for the money, but... Who's arsed? If you like what they're making who gives a shite if they're in it for the money. I'd be more arsed about if they are, I dunno, decent people or whatever.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I agree with Will.

Did you even consider the fact that maybe he's so proud of the album that he wants people to hear it and for the album to be successful? He's not greedy. And for the love of God, don't even compare anyone from Linkin Park to 50 Cent.

Chester's been through a lot. Things are rough on him. Not only does he need the money, but the success is going to boost his confidence. He's putting a lot of effort into the album and instead, you decide to say that he doesn't give a shit about music and that he's in it for the money. How dare you. I'm not Chester, and I don't know why I take so much offense to it, but how dare you.

Every band is in it for money. From what Linkin Park has done and said, it's quite evident they're not in for it as much as other bands. They care about the music, and they care about their fans. I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate having their efforts mistaken as greed. And I'm sure you'd feel the same if someone told you were only in the business for money.

I don't know why I'm so angry, but still. How dare you.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i'd imagine chester lost a hell of a lot in his divorce. take the whole Paul McCartney thing going on. Linda McCartney his now ex-wife stands to take away over 400 million offa him. thats just not on.

now im not saying chester has that much, and i certianly dont know his circumstances but it looks bleak for him. near enough half of what he has earned will be lost.

i think chester just said that because he was pissed and to be honest not even thinking straight. its all about the music with LP :)

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Think about it, if you had spent endless months working on an album, you believe you've made the best thing you possibly can, you would hope that millions of people appreciate your work.
    And as every copy of your album someone buys is like a direct compliment to the band members, the copies that aren't bought are like insults. Now, we all like compliments and dislike insults right? Why should Chester be any different?
    LP are about music, if they were in it for money they'd release a mediocre album every year, to keeo the cash rolling in.
    And also, he may even want to make money to spite Samantha eg "see what your missing out on?" lol
    :cloud:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

:rolleyes:

That's really all I have to say about that.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Yes, and they proved that after Collision Course. For all that fell in love with Hybrid Theory, you should have said goodbye to that Linkin Park a long time ago, because they are now everything they once stood against.

The_Rising_Tied

The_Rising_Tied Well-Known Member

Sweet jesus, ok nvm! i was just stating my opinion but nevermind then, i dont wanna get banned so i just wont say nothing else but sorry.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Haven't you noticed a pattern here? Most of your posts are always something negative, like Will stated above. Of course people are gonna jump on you for that. You basically stated your opinion on the matter but it seems like you don't know all the facts as to why Chester said what he said. I think you need to read up a little more before you make judgments about Chester and the rest of Linkin Park. ;)

Edit: I'm closing this thread. The End.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.