LP should put out a rap song for those who were 'unhappy' with Mike not rapping as much in OML.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by IAmTheNight, Jun 25, 2017.

IAmTheNight

IAmTheNight Active Member

After Gorillaz put out Humanz, people were somewhat upset that Damon didn't sing as much in the album. As a response, he released Sleeping Powder.

I feel like LP should do something similar. I mean, I didn't mind that Mike didn't rap much in OML, but it might kind of 'cheer' some people up that were disappointed in the album or what they did for certain songs. Issho Ni was made in a few days, whereas Sleeping Powder was finished in a day.

It might be a stupid idea, but it'd be interesting.

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I think it would be better if Mike did a hip-hop/rap song with another artist or release one under Fort Minor by himself or something, like he did with Welcome years ago. Chester did a song with Mark Morton of Lamb Of God and it's supposed to be really heavy with a lot of screaming from Chester, and I'm for one excited for that because Chester didn't scream on One More Light. I think it's the same with Mike, although he did rap on Good Goodbye.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

If he was gonna rap, I'm personally glad it was just one verse (and I like that verse, BTW)

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Fort Minor my dude, with other artists hopefully. Not that welcome wasn't good with just him, but I'm more interested in collabs I think.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

LPU release maybe

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Yeah, I'd love some more rapping from Mike as well, but he should do it under the Fort Minor label. Maybe realease another album or an ep. Some collabs that would be great!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

While I think it would be cool to get some more music with Mike rapping I don't think Linkin Park "should" do anything about people complaining about the lack of rap vocals on the new album. They put out the music they wanted to put out.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

To be fair, we got 3 new Xero demos plus that Like Riding A Bike song last year. But yeah, a Fort Minor or rap heavy LPU CD would be a dream to me.