LPA Holiday Giveaway - One Step Closer European Promo (PRO-2306)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

In time for the holidays, we here at LPA are doing a fun giveaway to thank all of our valued visitors, for making 2010-2011 one of the most successful periods in our website's history. For this contest, we are teaming up with well known LPU/LPA member Ginger to provide one lucky LPAssociation.com visitor with a chance to win an original One Step Closer European Promo (PRO-2306) from the year 2000. To enter this contest, all you have to do is sign up for our forums (if you have not done so already) and do a reply to this post with an answer to the following question:

"Where were you when you heard Hybrid Theory for the first time, and how did you hear it?"

It's that simple! The minute you make the post, you are automatically considered an entry into the contest and the best part is that this contest is INTERNATIONAL so anybody can enter. Once the contest ends (January 9th, 2012), we will contact the winner for their address and Ginger will ship the item to your doorstep. Good luck everyone!

Here are some images of the prize itself:

FRONT
    [thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/122411-093717_OneStepCloserPro-2306Cover.jpg[/thumb]

BACK
    [thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/122411-093825_OneStepCloserPro-2306back.jpg[/thumb]

CD
    [thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/122411-093845_OneStepCloserPro-2306Disc.jpg[/thumb]

Good luck everyone!

Note:Originally we had done this contest on Facebook, but unfortunately it was brought to our attention that using Facebook features and functionality ("Likes", "Shares" etc) as an entry mechanism for a contest, is against Facebook Terms & Conditions and thus we had to cut the FB promotion short and restart it here. Since the LPA is our own private property, we're welcome to do whatever rules for the contest we'd like on here, so expect future contests to go primarily through the LPA itself!

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

The first time I heard it was in my cousins house after he'd proclaimed "listen to this album, it's incredible!" Haha.

Yucker

Yucker New Member

I was in class when a friend bring me a cd with some music he likes. That cd had many ht songs and I asked him to send me more music like those songs xD

therosko

therosko New Member

The first time I listened to a song from HT was at school, when I heard some guys talking about a band called Linkin Park and played a song by them. Then, as I got home, I found the album on the internet (which by that time was not as easy as it now is, plus I was a little kid) and listened to it. I loved it! :)

Leila_LP

Leila_LP Member

I was home. I don't remember what I was doing ( It was 8 years ago XD) , I was in my room and my brother called me. He said "Hey Leila, come here! Listen to it. This voice as you love. I'm sure you will like it" (he was talking about Chester :D) And he was right :) I heard In The End then. My first time. My first song. After that I tried to listen to all the songs which I could find. I still love them as much as I did..No.. even more

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Where to begin!? Well the first HT song I heard specifically was "In The End" around 2003/04 in a fan made music video about the Transformers character Starscream. At the time I loved how the song captured the personality and torment of the character. After watching a few other music videos featuring LP's songs I eventually downloaded HT piece by piece and the more I heard, the more I loved and the band as well. I did the exact same with meteora, then reanimation, and so on. and now here I am on the LPA! :D

Alex21

Alex21 alexlinkinpark

I was at my house and my older brother told me to listen to it, I did and it was amazing!!

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

In 2001, when my mum showed me the video to Crawling!

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I was 11 and I didn't have access to internet yet. An uncle gave me a copy of the CD because at that time I had asked him to get some music for me (I remember he also gave me Papa Roach's 'Infest' too). I put it on my discman and immediately loved it, although I didn't become an LP fan right away.

Maxi_Int

Maxi_Int New Member

back in 2003, I was in my computer in my house, my brother told me to hear it and was amazing!

fatimaLP

fatimaLP New Member

It was 9 years ago...I was at home when I heard a song "Papercut" playing from my older brother's room. I really liked that song so I asked him what band/artist is it and then he introduced me to LP. After that I started to listen the whole album and I loved it! :D That's how I heard Linkin Park for the first time and became a huge LP fan! :)

calessi

calessi Beat My Drum

i was in paris and the cafe i was in was playing the album newly released was hooked and have been ever since.

Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Frackin Frackers (",)

i first heard hybrid theory when i got back from Project Revolution in 2008 milton keynes uk. now i just cant stop playing it, its a timeless album (",)

PaulGardinerLP

PaulGardinerLP Well-Known Member

I first heard the album when I was at school in an Art lesson. My mate had it on a cassette tape in his walkman. He told me to listen to it. I didn't like rock music before I heard Hybrid Theory. But after listening to the album and loving every second of it, my music taste changed and I have been forever converted. I think this just goes to show that LP have succeeded when it comes to combining various genres into their music, attracting fans that are not necessarily into rock music.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I saw the One Step Closer video on TV, but it was muted because I was listening to some other music on my computer. The video looked cool, so a minute or so into the song, I decided to unmute the TV and hear the song. And here I am, almost exactly 11 years later.

munjakos

munjakos Member

First time i heard HT was when my brother bought the CD, later that day he went to school and i sneaked into his room because he had a lot cooler stuff then me. I noticed a bunch of cd's laying on the table, so i picked HT because it had coolest cover, played it, almost died. End of story.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I remember I first heard meteora and loved and I was scared to listen to anything else by them fearing I wouldn't like it. But I gave it listen and now I'm obssesed :p

luciano

luciano Member

i remeber it was 2000, i was sat in front of the tv, just zapping around the channels, when i turned to MTV, and there it was. i remember it was like a destiny thing, because as i turned to MTV the video got started and i said "ok, lets see what this is about" , and it captured me since the very first moment brad's guitar started strumming. i still remembering thinkin about that it was the first time i liked a band from the the first time i listened to it, i mean, i went liking it as the video was rolling it was crazy! one of the most beautiful moments i've ever experienced!

Aditya_the_warrior_within

Aditya_the_warrior_within The Fire Rises

Technically the first HT song I heard was In The End whose video I saw on tv, heard the album via older friends later. This was way back when I was in 6th grade had no internet that time. Dam its almost 8 years ago!

Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

The first time i heard HT was with Crawling the first time i hated the band then a few days later i heard One Step closer and it blew my mind i ran to get the cd and it was a non stop listening for almost 3 years =)

i still love it and think that as an album its their best album

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.