lpa meet up

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by minor park, Oct 9, 2005.

minor park

minor park Banned

i was thinking about this for a few days and i thought i should share this with you guys.....ok i was thinking all the lpaers who live in new york should meet up in one place in new york and the same for every other state..please tell me what you guys think

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

It would be very awesome to hold something like this, but it may be too hard and expensive. :bounce:

1. you need a location. to rent a hotel ballroom or a huge arena would cost tons of money
    2. people's schedual may be to full to visit
    3. who would run it
    4. who would watch everyone (make sure nothin happens)

and so forth. if someone had the money, time, and space for it, then i say go for it. if not, then i guess were all stuck here on the boards

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

1. They could meet at a cafe or a resturant
    2. True
    3. No one would really need too
    4. You're right. If I ever meet up with Tomi, I'm going to shoot him. :rolleyes:

minor park

minor park Banned

but like paul said we could meet up at a cafe or something

paul :thumbsup: good luck

just kidding :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Arena? LOL.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Seriously.

I think I'm the only LPAer from Chicago.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I already met Nate and Jimmy on here for a Breaking Benjamin concert. It was a rather fun experience. ^_^

Dj Ronin 275, meeting up with someone on here is not as complicated as you're making it out to be. All you just need to do a little bit of planning. Nothing big or expensive either.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

This is the type of thing I'd recommend the LPA staying away from. In case something happens. I mean I was reading this yesterday.

I wouldn't have said anything, but the majority of this forum are children, so yeah, kids be careful.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I thought about this back when LPA was at its peak in the Meteora days (although i think we're more popular now then we were then) but it would just be too much.

1. There's the cost of renting out a Banquet Hall big enough to handle a bunch of people who may come to this scheduled 'meet up'.

2. Since most of the visitors here are under 18, we'd have to handle written permission slips from all the kids who's parents might allow them to go.

3. Then there's the question of how many people would actually come. It would probably have to be Eastern US LPAers only, cause who would travel 48 hours (aka 2 days) across the US just to go for a one night event?

4. There's the problem of just ONE of these LPAers not being who they say they are like Neil said. All it takes is one of our members getting abducted and then we have a huge load of crap on our hands.

5. Once again, the cost. We'd have to hire security, a catering service, maybe even a DJ and then rent out a banquet hall..that's well over 300 dollars right there. I dont know about you, but as a (currentely unemployed) 19 year old..that's a lot to dish out.
    ==

So yes, I'm sorry...no meetup shall happen. You're welcome to meet up on your own risk (like several LPAers have done already) but we do not have the safety or resources to schedule such a big scale event.

We here at the LPA urge everyone to use common sense and total discretion upon meeting people on the LPA. Underage first-time meetups shall always be supervised by a parent or guardian to ensure the safety of both parties, likewise if only one of the party is underage.

The same applies for legal adults of these forums. As extreme as it sounds, meetups should always be with a friend in tow, and if neccesary..self defense devices shall be readily availible and at hand just incase.

Only you can determine your own safety so be careful.

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

You take it too seriously Derek o_O

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

The only person that I know of that lives in Ohio is that inventionofitstime130598u71209385.

The only people that I'd even care to meet with on the Eastern half of this country is Casey, and maybe some girls. But Casey's already expressed his wishes when it comes to meeting me. :lol:

So yeah, if I lived in the Netherlands, this might be a good idea for me. Since I don't, not so much.

Derek

Explain? If you mean the safety issue, after what happened to that poor girl on myspace you can't really screw around.

If you mean the planning, well I wouldn't wanna throw all of you inside of a shack now would I? :p.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

I think instead, we should try and get 100 people online to break our record of users online simultaneously.

Derek

Now that's a goal we can strive for. :)

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Well, as for security, being a bunch of people mean we can handle it ourselves... I'm sure many of us can deliver a good beating to an asshole :lol: .

But yeah I agree, a meet-up involves a lot of logistic both from forum members and organizers of the event.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I think i a meet up is apretty good idea but i can see why Derek is against it. It would also be very difficult for anyone outside of the US to go which complicates things. One forum i go to has held many meet ups but that's completely different to the LPA. As much as i would like it, i don't think it's such a good idea

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It's simpler than that. :lol:

Have everybody meet up at a Pizza Hut and split the cost of 5 or 6 pizzas.

The chances of somebody being abducted are slim to nil.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Lets do that.

^_^ :) Much easy

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Well, personally, my parents wouldn't allow me to go cross country to meet LPAers because they don't know I post on this forum...and I'm only 12 years old. :lol:

The idea is alright, but Derek has a point. I don't want to sound offensive, but who knows if an LPAer is willing to kill another LPAer. Or abduct anybody. The chance of that is kinda slim, because you don't see too many rivalries going on these days (I think saunderitos wants to kill me because he called me jackass in a post in the Linkin Park chat :lol:).

Plus...who on the LPA lives in Arizona? If I was in Cyprus, I'd only meet up with my home dog MariosLP. Other than that...it's going to be a bit hard to work out.

I say we meet somewhere close to all of us.

Australia.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Australia? Yeah. The closest place. The general idea of meeting up somewhere sounds really good, but then again there are all those aspects to think about, and organise. So we'll try for the 100 users online thing. Besides, I think I'm the only LPAer in Russia so none of those would work for me.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005