LPA Monthly Mix-Up: December 2013: Winners

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Jan 7, 2014.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Last month, we saw a total of six individuals rise to the challenge of remixing a track off of LPU XIII for our Monthly Mix-Up. Here are the winning entries:

Winner:
    DJKreivous took the LOST IN THE ECHO demo "Holding Company" and mashed it together with the acapella for LOST IN THE ECHO along with a remake of the live intro for the same song to make this demo feel like a polished and finished track. Everything from the intro, through the verses, choruses, bridge and outro flows quite well together. The decision making while compiling this track gives it an "instant classic" feeling to it.

Runners Up:

Cypher(Casper): Universe (Cypher Remix)

Last month, Casper took on the challenge of tackling the track "Universe" and completely reimagining it. From the kicking beat that he started the beginning part of the song flowing into Casper's "bread and butter" Drum 'N Bass, you can't help but listen to this track in awe.

Zak and Decay teamed up this month and completely re-worked "Primo" from the bottom-up. They took I'LL BE GONE's fantastic demo and created this equally amazing dark instrumental with what feels like a death march beat that guides you along to the gallows while making you sing to yourself "Just carry on and miss me when I'm gone." The mood of this remix is absolutely intense and draws you in with a grip that doesn't want to let you go.

The entrants last month ranged from first-timers to seasoned veterans of our remix community. Choosing to feature half of the participants as our MMU winners for this month was a tough challenge and we are encouraging those who do not see their names on this list to not be discouraged; We enjoyed every idea.

Unfortunately, we have decided to put our MMU series on the shelf for a few months to keep it fresh. We apologize to those who look forward to a monthly challenge, but we will bring the competition back when the time is right with an appropriate and engaging theme. For those who have continually been participating in our competition, we offer our thanks and appreciation for helping make this competition possible and hope to see you participate again in the not-too-distant future!

Do you have an idea for what you would like to see as a theme for an upcoming edition of the MMU? Let us know by leaving a post in this thread.

LPFreakification

LPFreakification Well-Known Member

Holding Company/LITE sounded very beautiful :) congrats to the winner and runner-ups!

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Well done guys, good efforts! Gonna miss MMU, it's been so much fun. Thank you LPA for having given us all the chance to showcase our creativity to the world:)

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Thanks for choosing us as one of the runner-ups, really appreciate it! And thanks for the nice feedback as well!

Also congrats to the other winners and everyone else who participated!

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Congratz to the winner!
    Astonishing :)
    Also congratz to zak and decay :D you both made a good job as always!

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

Congratz to the winner and runner ups. Great work.

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

Congratulations to all who participated. I'd better get on board for the next one.

DJKrievous

DJKrievous Member

Thanks for all!

I'm very happy, its a great pride for me, Congratulations to everyone who participated!

Greetings from Mexico City