LPA Monthly Mix-Up November: Mashups

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So, when this month's theme was announced, I really wanted to do a mash up. The only problem, I never did one before. I know my entry is imperfect. I'm fine with that. When researching what I wanted to do, I got an idea around what would it sound like if these artists were in a bar and got together and threw two songs of theirs together. The end result is this:

The Message In Another's Eyes
    This version is a demo. My real submission is 8 posts from this one.

It is Linkin Park Vs. Garth Brooks and Tricia Yearwood. I know, I turned an uplifting Linkin Park song into a Country love song. It's different, but it kind of works... I hope you enjoy.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Hybrid: I like it! I would change the volumes so that the vocals are more at the forefront though!

3. Hybrid

Thanks, Mark!:) I'll see what I can do when I get a minute to fix it.

4. UncertainSound

UncertainSound Well-Known Member

If you like my stuff, you can download all my mashups (except for the "Forgotten Mashups" playlist on my YouTube channel) at http://mediafire.com/uncertainsound. I also have a playlist on my channel for my favourite mashups by other YouTube users you should check out if you like downloading mashups.

Thanks! This was probably the longest mashup for me to make but I thought it was worth it and turned out great. I appreciate it!

I really like this one :)

5. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Wow, DJIntensity, those actually do work great together. Great job.

Be sure to resubmit it with the contest logo.

6. NeoZource

NeoZource Member

just to be clear: I'm going to upload my entry to youtube. i want to make a video mash-up to go along with it (not for this contest, just cause i love editing music videos). anyways can i just have the graphic at the beginning of the video and then fade it out for the rest of the song? Or does it need to be in the corner the whole time?

7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We will accept the beginning and then a fade out.

8. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It should be the preview/cover image for the video, however. I'm fairly certain YouTube allows you to pick this.

9. Hybrid

Alright, I went back and re-tooled my first submission. This is what I came up with and what I want as my official submission. It has all of the effect I wanted, just re-imagined a bit. God, it would have been easier if I had the multi-tracks for the Garth Brooks song I mashed it with.

The Message In Another's Eyes

Thank you for the advise, Mark. Otherwise, I would have kept it the way it was and I wouldn't be as happy as I am now with it. I know the audio levels are still a little on the loud side, but I got it closer than what I had last night...

Criticism is welcomed.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  10. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

You guys are gonna have to do a long Honourable Mention section this time, it seems.

11. NeoZource

NeoZource Member

Ok. you have to be a partner to do that but i'll just put the graphic in the middle (as well as the beginning) of the video to guarantee it's the thumbnail image.

12. SteveDoninger

SteveDoninger Member

Thank you so much for checking it out!

13. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Frackin Frackers (",)

OMG yeah im in the same boat as you....lol

but hey, challenges are a good thing ;)

14. SteveDoninger

SteveDoninger Member

I agree. Usually my motto is NEVER touch anything LP has ever done because it's perfect as is but these things are hard to pass up. I figured I would break my own rule if it was for a LP Fansite. :awesome:

15. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Especially if it's the LPA :awesome:.

I will be posting an epic collection of my personal mashups in this thread either. Not for competition though, but for pure entertainment. Hopefully it provides some inspiration :).

16. Hybrid

Even though I turned a LP song into a country song, I'm happy with what I have accomplished.

17. Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

18. UncertainSound

YouTube lets you choose from one of 3 predetermined screenshots from your video depending on when they occur, and it's hard figuring out that fine line where it takes the screen cap from the beginning of the video as I've had that problem for my videos in the past and can't put the album art I created for them as the icon as I wish to. Accounts that are under the YouTube partnership program can choose whatever thumbnails they want regardless if they are actually in the video or not. Unfortunately, it would be damn near impossible to get into that as you need to be generating thousands of views, have new content to deliver to your subscribers on a regular basis, and there can't be any copyright material and mashups are nothing but copyright material.

19. Yaseen Alam

Yaseen Alam Well-Known Member

Just like to say thanks to everyone who liked my remix. I never expected anyone to actually take it seriously xD. I'm glad you liked it so much. The thing's you can do while being drunk :,D

I've listened to every other on this thread, and we have some amazing entries. Especially this one http://soundcloud.com/reflectionist/blood-cure-breakdown
    Credit to you for the hard work! I'm actually pretty stunned by it ;D

The only thing I have a problem with some of them, is that they are remixes and not mash-ups. (Maybe I just havent heard the song and you haven't refrenced it in the title, but as I said, all entries are amazing here)

Good luck everyone! I hope to see this level of work going on though for the next 2 weeks and 4 days!

20. UncertainSound

Did you recreate the intro guitar to the High Voltage live version or were you somehow able to separate the audio from the live track? Either way, it sounds amazing. Great mashup! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.