LPA Playback: October 2013: Winners

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Nov 6, 2013.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

On behalf of the LPA team, I would like to thank everyone who submitted an entry into October's edition of LPA Playback. The competition was strong and it was great to see the variety of entries last month. Our winners for last month have all proven that they were worthy competitors for their titles. Some competitors that didn't make the cut were still met with comments of praise such as "This was great" and "I would not hesitate to download this." That being said, if you do not see your name on the list of winning entries, do not at all feel discouraged. We challenge you to keep at it making great music!

Without further adieu, your champions are:

Winner:

crywave: "Injection"

Crywave took a huge risk this month and decided to make his submission a little heavier. Not only did his submission stand out, but it also blew us away with the energy in his track. This is a perfect example of standing out from the crowd. For your out of the box approach, crywave, we award you with top honors for last month's competition.

Runners Up (alphabetical):

Alex "AC" Cortes [Alex10]: "10Nine"

Alex was able to create a very easy to listen to trance track this month that grabs your attention from the start and holds it until the end of the song.

Leon_Cox [Dismantle]: "You'll Never Win"

Dismantle released his entry last month and was looking for feedback on it. I jokingly told him that "It sounds like You'll Never Win" as a tongue-in-cheek play on words. Needless to say, his track was good enough to win a runners up spot for last month.

Honorable Mention:

RostaSliwka: "A Change Is Gonna Come"

This month's honorable mention grabbed the attention of our judges, however, it was a compilation of borrowed samples from other bands and artists. We were looking for original works this month to highlight the talent of the artist, thus, we felt like this entry did not fall into that criteria. What this entry does have, however, is a lot a lot of really interesting and cool things happening that we felt it was too good to not be recognized.

Congratulations to the winners and honorable mention from last month's Playback competition! November sees a return of the Monthly Mix-Up remix competition in the form of Fort Minor. Good luck to those entering this month's competition and congrats to those who placed last month!

crywave

crywave Member

oh, cant say i was expecting that! ahaha I really feel...HONORED! thanks a lot for you consideration and support!
    ps. i'm still working on that track and im opened to any suggestions, and i'm really looking for somebody to sing it (nothing too screamy ;) ) and some DJ scratches maybe!

once again....THANKS!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Nice work!

You should totally ask Ree -

Oh. Never mind.

crywave

crywave Member

i said "nothing too screamy" because I thought there was nobody interested in it ahah but it could turn out good :D who is Ree?

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Congratulations crywave, I enjoyed your entry from the day you submitted it! Well done to the runners up, I'd like to be where all of you guys are someday.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Congratulations everyone! Really great entries this month!

rostasliwka

rostasliwka RS

Wow, thank you guys! :) Being honored while breaking the rules is a great motivation for me as a student of law :D Congratulations to the winner and runners up, those songs are really great and showing a lot of potential ;)

crywave

crywave Member

Alex10

Alex10 Active Member

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it! Im looking for a vocalist for my track, anyone want in?

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Worthy winners all round, many congratulations! :)

Good work LPA on another successful month of highlighting the musical abilities of the LP fan community. Nice one ;)

As always, looking forward to future LPA Playbacks and MMUs!

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

i really enjoyed the winner and all the runners up, congratulations guys, you did a great job :D

crywave

crywave Member