LPA SPOTLIGHT: Submissions Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, Jul 11, 2010.

1. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

lol no I don't mean you. Though you did go all out on that dude. I like when you do that. Doesn't happen often so its awesome lol

2. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I personally LOVE Alex's mix. I got chills listening to it. That "best remix evaaar" just kinda meh. Decent vocals, alright instrumentals. You really lost me on how into yourself you are, especially the bit about "wanting to change lives." Pretty lame. But I digress. That had nothing to do with how I thought your mix (more of a cover, which isn't what the contest is about) but I much preferred Alex's. So says the resident music production graduate. Thank you and good night.

3. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Soooooo don't mean to sound like a dick, but you're a music production graduate? You didn't notice the major flaws in Alex's mix?

to do comparisons production wise it'd be DS, Dave, then Alex. Who do I vote for? Dave. Alex has dope sounds quality though

4. The Doctor

Obviously I noticed a few flaws. DS's ALSO had flaws though. I'm going off how I liked it and how it sounded to me.

5. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I really like ratherreds and think his is one to truly beat.

6. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

DS's flaw were MINOR. I'm no graduate, but I've done this for near a decade and there are MAJOR issues with Alex's mix. There are some people that only listen to the 1st minute because of it. If the contest was from 1-6 minutes I couldn't complain lol. But I wouldn't think you'd be able to say "This part is off-key and off-time..THIS IS GREAT!" If Alex practices much more he'll have a better ear, but Dave and D.S. OBVIOUSLY have a better ear. Alex is still a mad talented kid. Give him a few more years and he'll be owning virtually everybody on this board

7. The Doctor

Well for example, around the 1:15 mark when the chorus comes in, I'm not sure if it's the bass drum clashing with the effects on it and the bass in the song, but there's a bit of distortion that is subtle, but there. The drums do get rather distracting around 2:20 when it picks up a bit. When you bring in Mike's sample around 3:48, it seems like there's too much going on. So much noise it's hard to focus on just one thing. Don't get me wrong it is a GREAT remix, I wouldn't deny that for a second. I'm just a perfectionist when it comes to certain things and it's how I would have done it differently.

EDIT: I agree Rocky. It isn't perfect but I did really like it despite all those things. If it was cleaned up and properly done, then yeah it'd be phenomenal.

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Because you continue to prove you deserve such treatment due to your absolutely antagonistic, smartass and downright arrogant behavior...in every post.

Tell me what part of your first post against Alex was fair? You came at Alex accusing him of cheating, tore his remix to shreds and completely trashed a person you've never met. You can't bullshit us here and claim it was 'alcohol that did it' because you've been arrogant since you've joined here. And it hasn't just been that way on LPA, it's been that way on every forum you've been on. You're 1 strike away from a ban here, and I have it on good authority that you're 1 strike away from a ban at LPL as well. That's two different communities, who both feel you're out of line and are near getting rid of you. Doesn't this tell you something? Maybe you need to put your ego in check, because 2 warnings later...you're still not getting the hint, and that is this:

It doesn't matter if there are 'major flaws' in Alex's remix or not because the fans like it and have voted for it. It's personally not my favorite remix (I feel certain amazing mixes on there are getting buried), but I'd never do what you did and just call Alex a cheater or pinpoint every thing bad about his remix.

And if you really wanna talk about something being okay for one person to do but not another...try looking in the mirror. You've done nothing but attack other remixes, but when people point out what's not great about your remix, you get on the defensive. Double standard much? Learn to take what you dish out buddy. You've got a long way to go before you get anywhere near Linkin Park's popularity, and quite frankly...with your personality I can't see you ever getting there, even in 10-15 years.

9. The Doctor

Hey big chief, come on, let's sit down, have a Rolaid. It's all going to be alright.

10. Derek

No worries. I'm done replying to him. He likes the attention and he isn't going to get it from me :lol:.

11. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

YOU GO BOIIIII!!!

:miagi:

12. GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

Yeah I know there are production flaws and musically theoretical flaws in my mix ... I mean, I do this myself learning as I go so there are bound to be :) so long as I improve along the way I don't mind. You should listen to some of the first work I produced, it was absolutely horrific. Thankfully I've improved since then but I know I still have a way to go yet.

Thanks to everyone who's supporting and giving me constructive criticism on the mix.

13. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

14. GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

15. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

This is even better! Honestly, the new vocals were the worst part on your previous mix :)

Btw, can you upload an mp3 version of it anywhere? I'd love to download it but I can't do it from soundcloud.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  16. SplitUpTheSun

SplitUpTheSun New Member

Linkin Park - The Catalyst (Split Up The Sun RMX)

Hey Folks.

Here is the Remix I've done for the Competition:
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2eRgiTmX3BQ&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2eRgiTmX3BQ&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/22556

Hope you like it
    VOTE!

17. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hey, check your PM's dude. I just moved this in here from the thread you posted. :thumbsup: Awesome sounding remix so far too, really digging the sound.

18. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I've been thinking about it, this is maybe the greatest way of advertising a song ever. It's already stuck in my head and I haven't even heard it in its entirety.

19. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Dude that's awesome! It sounds like a cross between Cary Brothers and Innerpartysystem...love it! Well done. :)

20. Derek

Agreed. Linkin Park are pretty much marketing geniuses. Especially if all we're hearing is possibly a bridge. It makes you wonder how the other parts of the song will sound!