LPA Tribute Album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Derek, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    elie

elie Well-Known Member

Not to sound negative or anything, but, probably what it will come down to is having someone scratch up previous LP beats and putting them to vocals

I don't exactly know how you guys are gonna get quality instrument sounds from various people on the web...

I like the idea as much as the next person, and i'm willing to help to the max, but, just is a tad bit farfetched to me.

Oblivion

Oblivion Guest

Well how can I send a sample for keyboard since its not played during all of the song, except for OSC.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

No, I mean, just record a sample of you doing something on the keyboard that sounds good, and send it to Derek. That's all. You don't have to make it all fancy or even an LP song, just as long as it sounds decent.

Rybullet

Rybullet Well-Known Member

I heard somewhere that you can plug in your bass cord into your computer and record it like that...... Does anyone know anything about this?

Will

Well, we're going to have people with software (hopefully) that can really modify the sound and make it sound like it's coming out of a studio rather than a recording over mic on a computer.

... But I don't know anyone like that, heh.

Will

No... I have no idea about that. Consult the web site of the manufacturer of your bass guitar.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Pro Tools?

Oblivion

Oblivion Guest

Basicly anything that enhances sound. Pro Tools, Cool Edit, um thats all I know.

Will

Please, quote posts so I know who you're talking to. I don't know if you're referring to my post about modifying sounds or the bass guitar.

Oblivion

Oblivion Guest

Someone should sticky this..

Will

Good idea.

Oblivion

Oblivion Guest

I am full of good ideas.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

For anyone who has instruments, I'm iffy on that only because of quality. If you guys can manage to record these pretty clear with not that much static, then sure. We could probably incooperate them into the songs.

You see, we might end up making new beats for the songs because of lack of an instrumental. Only two instrumentals I have in CD quality are:
    Enth E Nd and Frgt/10 so if people are interested in maybe covering those that could take 2 tracks up.

I also have a semi instrumental of Papercut(Intro and Verse) and full instrumental of OSC. They are cd quality as well, but I found them on KaZaA and no i won't send them(sorry). So people who are interested in those songs maybe can take those up as well.

Why I needed beat makers was because I was thinking, using elements from the songs, new beats would be made that would be used for the songs "covered". But I'd want to make it in a way that even tho it's a new beat the whole cd doesnt feel "hip-hop". I dont want a CD that's too hip hop.

Oh well...i need more ideas.

Oblivion

Oblivion Guest

We should make a song that features the titles of Meteora and Hybrid Theory songs. People had HT in there sigs and I seen someone with Meteora.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

If you guys do "Breaking the Habit", I wouldn't mind singing it. Don't know how I'm gonna get it to you though...

Oblivion

Oblivion Guest

Just goto Star-Programs-Accesories-Entertainment-Sound Recorder and sing into your speakers. And send it to someone on AIM.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Protools would probably be the best to use, its what LP and many other artists use, but it probably isnt cheap.

dark_assassin

dark_assassin Well-Known Member

well heres what i can do...

my friends play guitar and we could do something with that.

i play viola,so i could maybe do something with a reanimation flair to it(i can play breaking the habit)

and i can sing...although LP might sound weird in a girls voice,it would be really different and cool.
    i love this idea!! (w00t)

Oblivion

Oblivion Guest

There was a girl in My December lmao, and when will you post your rap will?

20. elie

elie Well-Known Member

Derek, should I post mine? Or have mine be a SURPRISE?! lol...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.