LPAssociation.com - The Raid: Redemption LPU Event Summary / Film Review

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

For those of you who were not able to attend the Los Angeles, CA premiere of The Raid: Redemption on March 21st, 2012; we have uploaded an exclusive 20 minute video from the Q&A for you as well as some photos, and a review of the film/event courtesy of LPA member Pandayna. Dayna [Pandayna] was on hand at the premiere representing the LPA, and below are her thoughts on the movie and the event itself:

"Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park recently took time to sit down with LPU members at an intimate premier screening of “The Raid: Redemption”. The event took place at the Harmony Gold Theater in Los Angeles, CA on Wednesday March 21, 2012. A handful of eager fans, myself included, arrived early at the scene in hopes of getting a proper seat, and the inside scoop about the making of the film’s soundtrack from the man himself. After the showing, a Q & A session was held where Mike Shinoda answered several questions from fans about the making of the score for “The Raid”, Mike’s writing process, and the progression of the next Linkin Park record. The audience didn’t walk away empty handed either. At the end of the night, each of us was given an official poster from “The Raid” to take home. Pretty sweet...

So what about the film? “The Raid” is a must see. It features a colorful array of intense action sequences, beautiful martial arts choreography, a suspenseful plot, and just the right amount of dialogue. And did I mention violence, blood, and more violence!? The Raid shines in a way that is slightly reminiscent of the 1970s classic “Enter the Dragon” with the infiltration of a secret base, tracking down an evil crime lord, and a hero who demands a very loud round of applause. While it may not be highly recommended for the faint-hearted, “The Raid” remains a rarity and a work of art. Definitely one of the best action films of the year. Oh, and the background music wasn’t half bad either.

In summary, here’s what we can most likely expect to see/hear in the future:

• “The Raid: Redemption” coming to a theater near you!
    • “The Raid” Soundtrack CD & digital download.
    • A new Linkin Park album out end-of-summer/early fall.
    • A slight transition from a more digital, to a more analog sound.
    • More film scores from Mike. (Not right away, but this surely won’t be his last.)
    Photos:
    [thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/032312-224619_IMG_0010.JPG[/thumb]
    [thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/032312-224850_IMG_0001.JPG[/thumb]

Video:
    [video=youtube;7eh6IULMQAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eh6IULMQAg[/video]

Thanks Pandayna!

shinformant

shinformant Banned

It's getting great reviews across the board so far. If Mike doing the score gets even more bums on seats that'll be fantastic.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Great stuff. Very intrigued to see this move. Though "best action movie in decades" is a bit much though?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

A lot of places are saying that actually. Many reviews are calling a future classic and comparing it to Bruce Lee movies.

JJEmpire64

JJEmpire64 Active Member

In general, I actually get bored by action scenes, but the few bits of footage I've seen of this, from trailers and such, has me really excited. The trailer itself, and that one scene Mike showed us once, was awesome by itself, what's the full movie's gonna be like? So far, I can see a hint of why some people are calling this the best action movie in decades.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

After seeing the movie, i actually think that described the film perfectly and is in no way a bit much.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.