LPCatalog shares Joe Hahn's vinyl containing various Meteora samples

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Mar 21, 2016.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Our fellow fansite LPCatalog, which specializes in listing all of Linkin Park's releases, has shared quite the treat with fans today. The item in question is a very rare vinyl which Joe Hahn used on stage from 2003 until most likely 2006. The title of the vinyl is... well, weird to say the least. "Mr. Hahn Fucks Up Meteora Style", though this title is unconfirmed, brings various samples from Linkin Park's second studio album, Meteora, and a sample from "By Myself" off Hybrid Theory. The samples are looped many times, most likely so Joe could find them as quickly as possible during a live performance. The guys over at LPCatalog had the vinyl professionally ripped and are offering a download of the vinyl in FLAC to ensure we get the highest quality, for which we thank them. Also, our member Astat, a well known expert on Linkin Park has helped the guys pin down all the samples on the vinyl, and has put together an easy-to-digest list which is available on the original download page. So go there, download the vinyl and show the guys who brought it to you some love on their site or in our forums!

If you're interested in more similar items, in 2012 we shared Tasty Gas Station Breaks From The Orient, a vinyl on which a lot of the samples Joe used for performances of Hybrid Theory era songs are found. A couple of years before that, LPLive shared Projekt Revolution Breaks, a vinyl used in 2002 for DJ Battles Linkin Park hosted on the first Projekt Revolution tour. So, plenty of new (old) stuff to check out today, tell us what you think of it in our forums!

Source: LPCatalog via Captain-EO | Linkin Park Live

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Wow, I definitely did not expect to see something like this released! I'm about to download the entire thing now. Very excited to hear all the interesting, sometimes unique, sounds that make Meteora memorable to me. In other words, I consider the sampling and mixing to be top-notch on this album when looking at LP's entire discography.

Thank you to all who were involved in compiling and releasing this!

Update: I've listened to Side A entirely, and all I can say is, why do the samples sound so good within the context of the songs but so bizarre when isolated? I wouldn't be able to accurately identify these samples on my own, as they sound so different from what I'm used to hearing. Certain samples are definitely rough to listen to individually, though the whole concept behind this compilation is still very neat. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, as I really do appreciate all the work that was put into this.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Sure bout that? It's distorted beyond belief. Joe would not have accepted a press like this.

Definately cool to have and I thank everyone involved in getting this out, but this was not ripped well or the source is a poor test press to begin with.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I feel so special :rofl:

Really? I found it really easy to pinpoint all the samples, especially the scratches.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Probably because of the context. It's not about the sounds in and of themselves - it's what they add to a track.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

It's very interesting to note that one of the Hit the Floor scratch samples is the same one used in both The Catalyst and Nobody's Listening. So the same scratch sample is used in three separate songs.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Does anybody have a mirror of this? MEGA never works for me.