LPU 11 Details and Tracklist Revealed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

After much hype and discussion within the Linkin Park fan community, Linkin Park has officially launched the 11th Edition of The Linkin Park Underground, complete with several new benefits, changes and features inspired by the fans and the suggestions they provided during LPUX.

Below are some of the new and exciting features fans can expect with LPU 11:

[​IMG]

Membership Package and Benefits:
    -A brand new website and online community EXCLUSIVELY for LPU members [powered by ground(ctrl)]
    -Membership package including a t-shirt, membership laminate and lanyard, LPU flag,
    and an earplug case and earplugs
    -FREE worldwide shipping for LPU11 Annual merchandise packages
    -New benefits including early entry to Linkin Park shows and downloads of LPU-TV
    episodes
    -All existing benefits are still included such as access to meet & greets, presale tickets
    and invitations to LPU Summits, exclusive downloads and more

PRICE: $60.00 USD

Just like in years past, The Linkin Park Underground will be offering an exclusive CD full of previously unheard demos, alternate studio takes, and instrumentals ranging from the band's early beginnings, to their latest album release A Thousand Suns. Below is the official LPU11 Tracklisting and Album Art:

[​IMG]

1. "YO" (MTM Demo)
    2. "Slip” (1998 Unreleased Hybrid Theory Demo)
    3. "Soundtrack" (Meteora Demo)
    4. "In The End” (Demo)
    5. "Program" (Meteora Demo)
    6. "Bang Three" (What I’ve Done Original Demo)
    7. "Robot Boy" (Test Mix, Optional Vocal Take)
    8. "Broken Foot" (Meteora Demo)
    9. "Esaul" (A Place For My Head Demo)
    10. "Blue" (1998 Unreleased Hybrid Theory Demo)

For a limited time to celebrate the launch of LPU11, when you purchase the $60 LPU11 Annual membership package during the next 11 days (until Friday, November 25), you will be able to add on the physical LPU11 CD for just $1.11 with absolutely FREE shipping.

In addition to this, as part of being under the ground(ctrl) network, you can now download the ground(ctrl) iPhone app and access your LPU11 mailbox, as well as check news, watch videos, view comments, and check on the status of your LPU order. Furthermore, for CURRENT LPUX MEMBERS: Your LPU account is active until 1 year after you joined. To activate your account on the new website, visit http://lpunderground.com/recover_password/ and enter the email address you used to sign up to LPUX with. You will then be able to choose a password and access your account. If you already have an account with another artist on the Ground (Ctrl) platform, you can just login to http://lpunderground.com with the password you use for that account.

It's clear with these changes that Linkin Park and the LPUnderground really listened to the fans, and it will exciting to see where LPU11 takes us. LPUX brought a lot of new opportunities to the fanclub, and if these changes are of any indication, this year might be ever better. Who's excited? Voice your opinions in the comments!

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

Welcome to LPU11! Enjoy!

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Getting the songs now. Of course excited for new demos, and very interested in the "alternate take" of Robot Boy. Those are always fun.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Thus far, the alternate Roboy Boy has the cake for the best track followed by Program on the LPU11 CD. [up to Robot Boy]

<3

Brandon

I'm currently listening to the CD, right now I'm on Slip.

I have to say, I both really like and dislike this track. I dislike it because my goodness the whole aggressive nu-metal rap song sounds so cliche. I'm so glad the band isn't still churning out music like this.

On the other hand, this has to be the first HT era song where the music doesn't just consist of BIG HUGE GUITAR POWER CHORD sound. It actually has an interesting beat with very audible bass that, had it been included on Hybrid Theory, would have made it a stand out track, for better or for worse. The tone on the guitar is also pretty cool.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

wow new LPU is amazing!!!!!!!

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

just purchased my 11 package, can't wait for the CD to get here.

Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

Gah, I want it, but I am a broke college student with no job :/

Brandon

This version of Robot Boy sounds like the vocals aren't quite as...modulating as they were on the album? The voices are much more clearly distinguishable. Also, the lyrics definitely needed some working on.

Geki

Geki >.

Really great LPU release...I like it a lot. Better than LPUX. These demos are just great. My favorites at this point would be Slip, Bang Three, Robot Boy and Yo. I love the different vocal approach in Robot Boy, Mike said he and Chester loved this version as well, but everyone else in the band wanted to change it. Bang Three has a really cool breakdown instead of the solo, I like that. I love the grungy style vocals in Slip. Yo has a really cool synth part that I like a lot.

Brandon

Alright, I've listened to the whole thing, here's a quick review:

1. Yo - Some of you probably remember this from the Linkin Park - Monster Energy promotional bit back in 2008, you could download a low quality loop of this song as a ringtone called "Brad's Yo." Pretty basic stuff, simple beat with some piano and synth towards the end. Very plain.

2. Slip - As I said before, musically very different from Hybrid Theory. For that, I'm a fan. Otherwise, very passe. Mike raps aggressively, Chester sings the chorus, yada yada we've heard it plenty of times before. But, the music is fairly unique for a HT demo. Chester's vocal harmonies sound very grunge in the chorus.

3. Soundtrack - Interesting. The chord progressions and pacing of this song remind me of a purely rock band. Like a band like Switchfoot wrote it. I can see why Mike said they thought the demo was "too poppy." But it's still interesting to hear Linkin Park's take on the basic rock sound. The verses sound nice, an electronic beat with a quick-paced guitar riff and moody piano. Sounds like it was written for MTM.

4. In The End - Not much to say about this, not much different from what we already have at least upon first listen, other than the higher quality of course.

5. Program - Definitely a stand-out. The song is pretty bi-polar in that it contains a soft section (what would be the verses I assume) that have an interesting electronica sound, strings, and a clean-toned guitar riff, and of course the staple chorus section with big guitar chords. The verses sound really nice, I wish the song didn't have the power chords and was finished was just the music from the verses.

6. Bang Three - Not much to say about this either. Strings in the verses are much more noticeable, there's a slight change in the piano during the intro, and the bridge doesn't have the guitar solo.

7. Robot Boy - As I said before, the different vocal parts are more clearly distinguishable, and the lyrics are not nearly as good as they ended up being on the album (except for one or two lines).

8. Broken Foot - Your basic distorted guitar song. Nothing too special about this, if you love jumping around in your room to heavy guitars, you'll love it.

9. Esaul - Same demo we've known about I think, just in higher quality. Good to have.

10. Blue - WOW. This is definitely the most unique of the CD to me. Blue has a, well...blues-y sound to it. Almost jazzy, and grunge-y. Chester's melody especially. Reminds me a lot of Grey Daze. The whole thing has a very jam feel to it. When you listen to this, you could imagine them playing it at a small bar. VERY different for a Hybrid Theory demo.

All in all, Slip, Soundtrack, Program, and Blue are the most interesting listens. They definitely make me wonder what Linkin Park's earlier music would have sounded like had Warner Bros. not tied their hands creatively.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

*listening to the 30 second previews over and over like a silly person*

*revelation*
    Program is one of the demos from Making of Meteora! From just before the part that flashes back to Frat Party and SIB. How bout that folks?

Tomozaurus

Tomozaurus Well-Known Member

This EP sounds like it is amazing. Can't wait 'til I get mine!

28thART

28thART The Hard Way

Sounds cool as usual!
    thanks for the info/details Derek.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Omg epic

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

"YO" is a great name for a song :lol:

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Where are you getting those from?

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

YO! *giggles* Come on most of their best stuff are demos! Can't wait to see how it will come out! :headbang:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I love the artwork. It's very cool, but mature. LP always know what's the best!
    I just wish I was in LPU. As I'm 13 and from Croatia, i'm not in a possibility to join.
    So, please, when you get the songs, upload them on YouTube or something. I'm listening to Linkin Park since I was even a smaller kid. I'd just like to hear those demos.

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

Early Entry <3
    I want the CD nao!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.