LPU 11 Details and Tracklist Revealed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Power chords give a song that "hard rock" feel. I guarantee you the Powerchord on Meteora was purely a product of Gilmore. I evidence this by the fact that Reanimation didn't really have any power chords, nor did MTM or ATS.

2. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Excuse me for being underwhelmed with songs comprised of power chords a 10-year old could play. I'm not complaining, merely stating my opinion just as everybody else has. Naturally I'm going to compare these demos to the demos released last year, which, in my opinion, were much more put together and structured.

3. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Linkin park got to play blue and slip live.

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Just for reference, here's a quick list of all the "Meteora"-era demos we've gotten via LPU releases thus far:

"A.06"
    "Broken Foot"
    "Drawing"
    "Faint" demo
    "Figure.09" demo
    "Halo"
    "Program"
    "Soundtrack"
    "Unfortunate"

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  5. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Meteora is definitely proving to have the best demo's. Nothing really from A Thousand Suns yet though.

6. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Im sure over time we will get some more.

Maybe they dont want to release any yet in case they use them on the new album.

7. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Maybe. They may just be getting rid of the older demos before moving onto the latest demos.

8. Am I the only one who likes LPUX CD more than 11? :O

9. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Nope.

10. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

This LPU was so TIGHT. My favorite songs were "YO", "Soundtrack", "Program", and I think I may be in the minority, but I really loved the WID demo a lot ("Bang Three"). Brings me goosebumps to think that demo eventually brought me the song that would evenutally convert me into being the next level of fandom: Diehard Linkin Park superfan. XD

Plus, I also love LP's new logo. Makes them look like a powerful veteran band. :D can't wait for the rest of LP's locked-up basement/studio demos to surface.

11. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Quick overview from me:

Program - I like the verses here. Not so much the the heavy parts. I would have liked to hear a whole song based on this sans power chords.

Robot Boy demo thing - inferior mix and lyrics to the album version.

Esaul - I just feel like saying that these APFMH demos have some of the worst lyrics they've ever written. For all the shit the ones that make their albums get sometimes, some of the stuff they've demo'd, especially from this stage of their career, are far worse.

Blue - it sounds like SCIENCE era Incubus. Like a lot. And the progression reminds me of Poem by Taproot. I like it. It's a pretty good song for what it is.

I can take or leave the rest.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  12. Derek

Blue should've been strengthened and re-crafted into another song, minus the bridge (since that became Crawling). It's a strong track especially considering it's age.

13. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

was hoping for more ATS demos, but nonetheless this is interesting.

14. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

The lyrics in Robot Boy are ridiculously horrible. I haven't cringed that much since my first time listening to Meteora.

Speaking of...the Meteora demos (sans Broken Foot) are dope!

15. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I would take a slightly better version of that demo over any other version of Crawling that I can think of, apart from the Reanimation one.

16. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I actually liked them...:mellow:

17. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Hello there. I've been visiting LPA for a long times, and I decided to register today, because of an ongoing subject on this thread: the hate towards powerchords.

There are lot of reactions regarding the release of LPU11 which are saying "I don't like those demos because of the powerchords", "How could I like a song a 10 year old kid could play?", "This song would be much better without the powerchords" ect ect. Being a big fan of heavy music, I'm not really digging this hate, so let's add something to the discussions.

Let's go back in times, when LP decided to take a new way in their process of creating music. More alternative music, more experimentation. Some of their old fans were pretty disappointed about that, and were very negative about MTM, then about ATS. In reaction to that, the LP lovers were often responding "You don't like those songs because they're not heavy, because they don't have big guitars,.....you're a close-minded person!" At the end of the day, the haters were considered as Nu metal fans, aka close-minded guys about music.

Now, we have the opposite on this forum. If a song has powerchords, it's a bad song. If this same song didn't have those, it would be a good song. Those who are saying things like this are as close-minded in music than "the nu-metal fans". You find it stupid when a metal fan is going mad because he can't stand anything who's close to soft music? I find it stupid when people can't stand anything who's close to heavy music.

Heavy guitars riffs are music, just like a complex emotional piano part also is. Maybe it doesn't have the same amount of emotions, but it brings a hell lot of energy that a piano can certainly not deliver. Then you're saying they're bad because so simple to use. To me, music doesn't have to be complex to be good. It's good if it sounds good to my hears, point. Plus, LP music on MTM and on ATS is maybe different, but not always more complex than those powerchords. I don't think it would be much complicated for the 10 year old kid to play Leave Out All The Rest guitars parts. Or What I've Done Piano parts. Or this stupid piano "ding ding......ding ding....ding ding" thing in Waiting For The End.

Let's take the exemple of "Program". Personnaly I love this demo, but lot of guys are saying "''d be better without..." You know what. I totally disagree with that. IMO, it would be a very boring song without the powerchords. I like the soft part and all, but the heavy parts are adding a dynamic and strong feel to the song. Some guys here seems to ignore that. It's powerchords, sot it's bad, end of the story....

Don't get me wrong. I'm not there to force anyone to like those demos. I did just wanted to make a point. See ya!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  18. Derek

Thanks for signing up to make your point, you certainly are right in many respects, and it's good you felt empowered to speak your mind. Hope we see you around more!

19. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

The older fans knew the LPU in the times where it was lucky to release new material, or there was only a couple new tracks and the rest were previously available. Whereas now, only two tracks here were heard in full before, and the rest is completely new. This wasn't common until LPU9. The people saying they're disappointed don't know how good they're having it.

Though that doesn't make the Robot Boy any lyrics less condescending and preachy. Ick. It almost made me lose taste for the song as a whole. The mentor/consolation role in the album version is soooo much better.

I really hate bands that do nothing but show off their technical skills. Dragonforce is boring as hell. I liked LP primarily BECAUSE they put good songwriting over showing off. Sometimes powerchords are the right answer, and it doesn't make then any less artistic for deciding to use them. Nor does it make Mondrian any less of a painter because he preferred to make eye-pleasing lines and squares instead of realistic renderings of naked women.

20. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I think the whole problem that people are failing to grasp, is not because of having power chords in a song is bad, but its HOW they use them. MTM is a good example of this where LP use Power chords sparingly and saved them for a dramatic effect. (e.g. "across the line") and look at ATS, there are vertually none at all, save for the remixed ones in Blackout/W&K. In Meteora, for some listeners now, the power chord riffs in the songs seem generic as they rely on the same old structure LP had exhausted at that point. However demos like HALO or PALE on LPUX perfectly show how damn good power chords can be when they save them for the end. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.