LPU 16 has now launched

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Nov 22, 2016.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

My favorite tracks are probably Dark Crystal and Can't Hurt Me. Symphonies of Light is really cool too. And the fact that the band revisited Space Station is really cool to me because I've loved that track since I first heard it in 2012.

And regarding whether these newer demos are indicative of LP7's sound - I'd say they absolutely are. If you watch the band's Facebook live stream, that's what they seemed to be getting at. Hell, I could see Dark Crystal and Burberry/Space Station becoming full-length songs on LP7, which I actually wouldn't have a problem with at all.

I feel like this is gonna be the album that gets LP back into the mainstream. From the new songwriting process, to the potential collaborators (holy shit if Kenrick Lamar actually features on the album:bounce:) to the fact that a lot of the music coming out in general recently sounds like stuff that's right up LP's alley. I've had the idea that this will be a very "fresh" - sounding record, very much like LT was, and now it seems like it could well meet or exceed my expectations while also containing a lot more depth than we got with LT (and THP).

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Considering we've had a much more developed version of Burberry (Space Station - also note that NOTHING about 2012 Space Station vs. "2015" Burberry has been further redone, the latter is just waaaaay shorter) for nearly four years and Dark Crystal is also based around a Stagelight synth loop we've had for ages, not only do I not believe these "2015 demos" are at all indicative of the direction of LP7, I'd go so far as to say that I believe the band is intentionally being dishonest about the dating of these demos in an effort to pass them off as "new material" without actually having to let anything from the new album sessions out of the bag earlier than they (or their management) are comfortable with.

Brandon likes this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

That's not worth being dishonest about though. I don't believe that.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

they're just some lying SNAKES. their whole career is built on lies

Evan, Deliveranze and Captain-EO like this.
    IronDust71

IronDust71 Well-Known Member

They hide behind... LIES
    They don't know... WHY
    They crossed the line
    Wrapped up inside THEIR LIES
    :kappa:
    (Waiting for a Debris demo quote)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    Deliveranze likes this.
    Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

And anything you do they gonna get a little bite. :kappa:

Evan and Deliveranze like this.
    mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

wow aesome

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Snakes and fakes quickly lead to mistakes :kappa:

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Primo was another incredible demo. It was so much more superior than I'll Be Gone.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

My post was just including demos/songs that never became a finished song :)

Primo is not bad though

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Gimme gimme gimme!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah because Linkin Park are just filthy dishonest liars who like to mislead the fans. Damn you Linkin Park. :kappa:

Really dude...you sound a little nuts here. I highly doubt the dating of these demos has been deliberately done wrong as part of this massive conspiracy to mislead the fans as to what album #7 sounds like. After all, the band has allegedly gotten dates on demos wrong before on LPU CDs (I swear there's at least one 'its impossible this demo is from ___' comment every year), so it's not hard to believe the band once again put the wrong dates. Hell, there's even some confusion amongst the fanbase as to when Chester actually joined the band (1998 vs 1999) because Mike has said one thing, but available history suggests otherwise.

Why can't people just be happy we get a CD full of music every year and stop trying to come up with ridiculous theories? Almost every CD since LPU2 has had at least a few songs we've never heard before or demos of songs we've never heard before. That's something the band doesn't have to do, but has chosen to for the fans.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Hey everyone, first I just wanted to say that this LPU is great! I can't say there's a single track that I dislike, or don't enjoy listening to. This has been the case with some past LPU releases, but not this one! Favorites include Dark Crystal, Burberry (yes, I do like this condensed version of Space Station, as the editing is slick), and Can't Hurt Me. Consequence A and B are really fun to jam to, as well.

Second, can someone help me out with an LPU-related issue? My subscription for LPU 15 expired late last week, but I fully purchased the LPU 16 Merchandise Only bundle ($35) the night it released. Over this weekend, I received an email from the LPU team saying that my membership could not be renewed due to "auto-renewal" being disabled. As a result, my LPU membership was downgraded to a free account level.

EDIT: I just reread the finer details for the bundle that I purchased, and it clearly says that a membership is not included. Damn, do I feel dumb...
    There was more to my question previously, but I edited it out once I understood my mistake.
    If I want to be a member for another year, I suppose I could just purchase the $10 digital membership.
    On the bright side, at least I will still be getting the Merchandise Bundle, which is $35, not $40.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Derek

You're gonna have to tweet out to Lorenzo about that bud, we aren't involved with the LPU apart from having an account on there. Sorry :/

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

It's alright, Derek. I just updated my post. Apparently, I purchased the Merchandise ONLY Bundle, which does not include a 1-year membership. I just purchased the Digital Membership for $10 moments ago, so everything's cool now. This is all a classic case of Reading Comprehension Fail on my part :lol:

Derek

It happens. The amount of different package options has increased over the years so it's easy to get a little lost in the shuffle.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

The quality of the LPU albums has declined, but that's ok. At some point, the best material has been used up.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Have you listened to "Can't Hurt Me" & "Dark Crystal"? sounds Dope.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Dragondust likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You could say the same about the studio albums :halfkappa: :halfkappa: :halfkappa:

Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

why is everyone saying that Symphonies of Light Reprise is a Catalyst demo? I think Symphonies of Light Reprise has become Fallout on ATS