LPU 4.0 CD Tracklisting

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Dec 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Very possible.

But censoring songs is a blatant restriction of art and it takes away from the song. I'm not a huge fan of cursing in songs, mind you I don't hate it, but I don't want gaps in my music either. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, Mike is the one who censors Linkin Park's music. He does it intentionally. No one tells him to. Warner would have no problems with Linkin Park putting out an album with a Parental Advisory sticker. (My evidence is the fact that there's a WB logo on Collision Course.) I don't know why Mike chooses to censor the songs, but he does.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

The thing they don't tell you is that the LPU gives some of the fans an excuse to feel higher than the others. That's why I'm so against these fan clubs. They're stupid.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

good point

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Actually, Mike is the one who censors Linkin Park's music. He does it intentionally. No one tells him to. Warner would have no problems with Linkin Park putting out an album with a Parental Advisory sticker. (My evidence is the fact that there's a WB logo on Collision Course.) I don't know why Mike chooses to censor the songs, but he does. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah. There's a difference between choosing not to curse on record, and cursing on record just to censor it.

LP4life

LP4life Member

I think the new lpu cd is awesome i have it right here in my hand The stuff i got is sooooo Cooool words can't evewn discribe the awesomeness of it all. the package has the best t-shirt even though it's like the one from last year it's still bad ass.I've already listened to all the tracks and the are awesome. B)

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

does anyone know what the chorus means in standing in the middle?
    (not the translastion) it doens't make any sense to me :wth:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Actually, Mike is the one who censors Linkin Park's music. He does it intentionally. No one tells him to. Warner would have no problems with Linkin Park putting out an album with a Parental Advisory sticker. (My evidence is the fact that there's a WB logo on Collision Course.) I don't know why Mike chooses to censor the songs, but he does. [/b][/quote]
    That's also possible.

But why not just put a Parental Advisory sticker on the LPU 4.0 CD and leave the curse words in?

LpgirlNiNeTeEn

LpgirlNiNeTeEn Member

The live version of Breaking The Habit is NOT from PR04. It is from RAR. I am positive on this because I have the entire RAR show, and the banter and recording of BTH on the LPU4 cd is exactly the same.

I love the two new tracks. Sold My Soul To Yo Mama sounds like its made from all old LP tracks. Standing In The Middle is awesome, Mike sounds great, and the beat is very catchy!

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

That's also possible.

But why not just put a Parental Advisory sticker on the LPU 4.0 CD and leave the curse words in? [/b][/quote]
    Maybe they censored it because they dont know how old the person is who is recieving the CD? and if they do know there age then maybe they dont want to take the time to send out censored and non-censored cds to every one.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Maybe they censored it because they dont know how old the person is who is recieving the CD? and if they do know there age then maybe they dont want to take the time to send out censored and non-censored cds to every one. [/b][/quote]
    There's a very easy way to avoid that problem; advertise that it's PA.

Then the consumer knows what he or she is buying. It's foolproof.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

but isnt it illegal to sell kids a CD if it has explicited lyrics on it if there under 18 ? but i know music world wont sell under 18 olds explicted CDs.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

It's not illegal. :lol:

LP4ever

LP4ever Well-Known Member

still haven't renewed my lpu membership yet, so i haven't got the cd in my hand, but probably i can get it early next year.

from the words you guys mentioned, i think the track mike done shouldn't be edited out the censored words. i mean, yeah, lp never censor, but this track is a pure hip-hop track (something like dedicated), so it's welcome to censor. from an interview recently with mike, he says that he's so willing to change his lyrics when doing collision course, but in order to mix with some rock elements, he just let go. so this time, he's doing another project, so he's welcome to swear. and if we could, i really wanna listen to the unedited version.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

You know, with all due respect to Mr. Hahn, that Sold My Soul to Ya Mama instrumental kinda sounded like something he made up in 5 minutes. If Linkin Park is going to release material, I think it should be something that is quality. All it is is a bassline, some samples from Hybrid Theory and Meteora, and some scratching.

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

they can sell it too young kids with swearing because the swearing sticker is only a warning the sticker has to say 18+ for them not being able to sell it to young people

hope that made sense.............. :wth:

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

So is Session and Cure For The Itch :p

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

I like Cure For the Itch... :(

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

This may have been posted by someone allready.. I'm not sure but i'll show you anyway. On the enhanced part of the CD supposedly these are the tracks.

Enhanced CD
    1. Worldwide Underground video
    2. Figure.09 (Live - Projekt Revolution 2004)
    3. Easier To Run (Live - LPU Tour 2003)
    4. Newscaster Outtakes

*credited to lptimes.com

I'm curious to see the first and fourth one mostly. ;)

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

So is Session and Cure For The Itch :p [/b][/quote]
    Ya but Session and Cure for the Itch are original and creative. I guess Sold My Sold to Yo Mama isn't that bad, its just something different from Mr. Hahn.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Ya but Session and Cure for the Itch are original and creative. I guess Sold My Sold to Yo Mama isn't that bad, its just something different from Mr. Hahn. [/b][/quote]
    didnt Mr Hahn record Session straight off? like one take? iam sure i read that somewhere - so if he could do something that complex (IMO) this new track could of been made easily in a day or something!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.