LPU March Madness at LP Association!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Kyo

Kyo New Member

The first song that i heard was ONE STEP CLOSER in 2000 and since that day change my life
    i was a high school student and my heart was broke by a girl
    i was in love with her but she let me down
    and i didn't know what to do so a turn on the radio and the first song that play was a linkin park song (ONE STEP CLOSER) i felt full of energy
    the sad feeling was gone and after that i buy my hybrid theory CD, instantaneously i felt in love with linkin park, these guys save my life. LP is with me in all the happy and sad moments.
    i got a tattoo of the soldier in hybrid theory cover, is my way to say THANK YOU LINKIN PARK FOR BEING PART OF MY LIFE!
    I CREATE THE LP STREET TEAM MEXICO TOO
    WWW.MYSPACE.COM/LINKINPARKMEXICO

LPU USERNAME: KYO

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    andrioli

andrioli New Member

The first time I heard LP was in 2002, was the music Figure.09 and a friend told me about the band, right after I bought the first cd, and now the only missing is Hibryd Theory EP.
    LPU Name: Andrioli_LP

disadams

disadams Active Member

The first time I heard Linkin Park was in my room. I was on the computer when the Faint sounded channel MTV. I turned to see that group and those letters was etched into my eyes. I live in Spain and see some video of Linkin Park is a rarity. Since I heard that violin-type sound, since 2003, I stopped to listen. Every time I see something in a store about you, I'm going crazy for buying it. Plastic case, limited edition, digipack! Anything that can get you out, I try to buy it. I do not forget Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise! I have their albums and I want to see something new from Fort Minor and Linkin Park and in the future, some Dead By Sunrise. This gift that you offer would you most you would leave this world. When I put the Frat Party DVD and I see the video of Esaul, I weep with emotion. Take that CD and that shirt, for me, would be the greatest joy in the world!
    (Sorry for my english, I'm spanish)
    LPU nickname: AdamMartin

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    MyWorstEnemy94

MyWorstEnemy94 New Member

I first heard the song Numb/Encore, and it was my cousin that showed me them. We were in my basement listening to the radio on my dad's stereo and I mentioned that I liked the song on, and asked her who they were. She said, "Linkin Park and Jay-Z." I knew who Jay-Z was, but not Linkin Park (back then I was way into hiphop/rap more than rock). I was in fifth grade, by the way, though I didn't become a real huge fan of Linkin Park until about three years ago. I remember I liked Chester's voice the most and wanted to hear more of him. Also, I really liked Mike's rapping parts (though Chester's singing parts more), and the music of Numb I also really liked; more than the original Encore song. I hadn't obsessed over a song like I had with that one since one of Avril Lavigne's songs, and I was really into her back then. My cousin noticed my sudden love for the song and she suggested that if I liked the music and the voices of Linkin Park so much, I should listen to the rock radio more often to hear more of them. I took her advice, and well, here I am today!

My user name on LPU is my user name here:
    MyWorstEnemy94

I hope I win :)

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

It's been really interesting reading everyone's stories and how the band has affected your lives.

Thanks for entering everyone...New entries, keep 'em coming. :)

blj.davidosn

blj.davidosn Member

LPU March Madness Giveaway! - bljdavidson

Name: Ben Davidson Location: UK
    LPU Username: bljdavidson

Linkin Park has been the best part of my life for a decade now, which was back in the year 2000. The very 1st song I ever heard was One Step Closer from a mix CD that my brother gave me. As soon as I heard that, I was going wild, I put it on repeat and listened to it none stop for a few good hours before I skipped to the next song which was In The End. I nearly died that day - from the WOWNESS from their amazing lyrics and music! :D

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

The first time I heard Linkin Park was back in 2003 when I heard Somewhere I Belong on Yahoo! Music. I was hooked from that point (I was on my computer at home at the time.) A friend of mine, named Adam, introduced me to their first album, Hybrid Theory after I bought Meteora.

LPU Username: GiriosXeni

LP13413

LP13413 Linkin Park fan

In The End

LPU name = LP13413 (same as here)

As I recall, it was sometime between my 13th birthday (October 18) and Christmas of 2001. We (my family and I) were in the car headed somewhere, and I just remember, we were listening to (then) 102.5 (KISS FM - of which I do NOT listen to anymore)and then I heard the beginning piano loop for In The End. My first thought was, "holy crap, this sounds great!" Ever since then I had that tune stuck in my head. And eventually on Christmas morning that year I had received a copy of Hybrid Theory

This is a video of Christmas morning from that year..

baldwin20

baldwin20 New Member

The first time I heard Linkin Park was in 2000 when I was staying at my sister's house. I stayed up late watching music videos on MTV (when they actually showed music videos =P) and the video of "Crawling" came on and instantly it became my most favorite song of all time!! Not long after that, the video for "One Step Closer" came on too, and I stayed up all night long just to watch the videos come back on after that. After seeing both of the videos twice, I was in love with Linkin Park ever since!! As soon as possible I brought the "Hybrid Theory" album and memorized each song and every album after that.

LPU username: Baldwin20 (same as my username on here)

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

The first song i ever heard from LP was the song My December. I was on my computer in 2003 listening to some music, and i had come across the name Linkin Park which i have heard about before from some of my friends but havent heard anything from, so i checked it out. From that moment on, I was hooked. During christmas of 2004, I had my first LP CD (Hybrid Theory NOT EP) and had been looking up stuff about them ever since.

LPU Username = Jay_Sensei

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

It was Fall 2001 and I was in my parents house as I had come home from my first weekend ever in College to visit my parents. I turned my parents old home computer on and went online. I was searching for music on some website when I came across Linkin Park- Crawling. That song made me love the band and I became an LPU member ever since. LPU = marcusarelius

Alex21

Alex21 alexlinkinpark

The very first time i heard linkin park was in 5th grade. I heard the song numb from my friend who one let me listen to his ipod when we went to a park. I thought, man this is an amazing song and searched up more of there music and fell in love with it all. I waited for the MTM album to come since i already knew about them and also loved that. They have never disapointed me and the very first time i heard the song "NUMB" i listened to it 20 times until he took it away from me. :) Linkin Park....You guys ROCK!!! thanks for everything :)

LPU username: Alex21

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Please remember to stick around and post in some threads. We see a lot of people with just 1 post, and that wasn't the point of this contest. We want to increase the active members on these boards :).

linkingabo

linkingabo Member

The first time I have ever heard an LP song was back in March 2001, I was 12 and one of my sisters´ friends lent me some new CDs. So the first song I heard was the Papercut, but my favourite was the Cure For The Itch. Back then I had no CD player in my room, so I recorded the album to a cassette/tape, because I didnt want to go every time to the living room when I wanted to listen to the Hybrid Theory. Back then I was more into techno music, so I started to listen to the LP only for Mr. Hahn´s scratching and the background music (like the stuff you can hear when Mike´s rapping e.g. in With You). I was listening to the tape almost everyday, even when I was in the bathroom having a bath, took my cassette recorder and listened to them :D By time I realised how awesome is their music. I loved how they had built up every song, there were the rock guitars, rapping, scratching, chorus, then came my fave part when Mike raps some sentences and Chaz screams some words of it. :))

LPU Username::: linkingabo

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    SpikeMinoda

SpikeMinoda Member

I listened first the song "In The End" it was just when the song came out so 2001 and i loved it from the very beginning, but didn't knew that time the name of the band! lol
    i just loved the song and was watching the whole day MTV just to see the video of "In The End" and i started becoming a hard core LP fan beginning 2004!!

LPU Username: MikeSnatkin

Noda

Noda New Member

Early in 2001 I saw One Step Closer on German MTV and instantly love the song and got a crush on Chester ^^. I was 14 years old, with absolutely no music taste and the worst year of my life ahead. My best friend died later that year and I shut myself from my family and friends. My mom brought me Hybrid Theory for my birthday and I heard it 24/7, because it made me feel safe and understood.

LPU Username: Noda

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah everyone should stick around and post. This is a great forum community and we'd love some new members. :)

Spread the word about the contest and LPA!!!

Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

lol, fail.

xxr

xxr New Member

LP forever

SO the first time was in 2002 and I got into them like really bad :D YOu know...just love them....I heard One step closer and I loved it...I love their music..their side projects nad Music for relief!!

Now I listen to them every day..i have 15 CDs -- I really want HT EP --- that a great CD man....

20. HybridSoldierTR

HybridSoldierTR New Member

When I heard for the first time LP, I was 14 years old. So about where the album Meteora was released. My couisin always looked at the video POA @ Pancake Festival every day. Over time, I liked it. After a couple of songs heard and indeed so it went. I have bought the album, then T-shirts, etc.

LPU Username: HybridSoldierTR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.