LPU XIII

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hybrid, Oct 29, 2013.

1. unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

I agree, they wouldnt track all the instruments if it was just a warmup track. Plus the fact it showed rob tracking the drums at nrg. Ive asked the band prob 100 times over the years for an answer to no avail. I hope someone can get an answer or maybe we will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow :)

2. Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

Yes to this. I have been asking/finding for at least the full instrumental of it or anything about it since the day i watched the making of meteora...

3. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I don't think this is an "attack" on Wikipedia, thing is that when rumors galore near Linkin Park releases, some people try to be "ahead of the pack" and update their page with unverified -or false- information (i.e with the horrid titles for LT as "Prototype" or "Metalepsis"), which quickly spreads. Now, people who take the editing seriously will surely remove those tidbits of information, but then the rumors will continue to do the rounds in the form or screencaps of the "wikipedia article".

4. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

I see where your coming from. I'm just pointing out that the comparison doesn't make any sense.

5. Praydox

Praydox Me, Myself and I

Finally monday here in Germany. Let's see when LPU13 appears today :D

(hopefully not while I'm at school...)

6. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Same time zone here ^^ If it appears in the morning that would be a nice start of a monday.

7. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Sadly no. I think we'll have to wait until midnight Pacific Time where I am. So I'd say another 9 hours to go guys!

8. Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

I would love to see some new songs on the new Underground, which I hear there will be two. A nice mix of demos from any of their albums. I just want new LP music.

9. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Sweet. Looking forward to it. Might get to hear all this delicious new music before I go to bed tonight!

10. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Given that it's Sunday afternoon in LA... There's about 18 hours or so left to go.

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I suppose my comparison was a little harsh. It's just that for the longest time, until Wikipedia became really strict with their editing guidelines and administrating of the pages, just about anybody could edit and add things to articles and they often got left on there.

It's left a bad taste in my mouth that never quite went away. But given how heavily policed the LP wiki is by the admins on there, I concede that I was a little unfair with my comments.

12. Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower Well-Known Member

Well I don't hate Hybrid Theory at all either, but because of stuff like the demos and Hybrid Theory EP, I can't help but wonder if it could have been an even better album. I think the studios keep dumbing down their music so they can make more commercial hits. A Thousand Suns broke that pattern, but then Living Things went right back to it.

Speaking of, did LP renew their Warner Bros contract? I always held hope they would go independent like Radiohead did, but now that even Trent Reznor has signed back to a major label that seems very unlikely to ever happen.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  13. unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Almost forgot, Grecian I think its called. That real heavy minutes to minute demo where Chester is screaming his ass off. That's another one im real surprised they haven't put out yet.

14. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

You know, after some thought, I may be speaking with the "heart" (< :lol:) but I'm not sure anymore if I want to see LP going independent. You know, I love special editions, fancy packaging, dvd's and things like that too much to let them go.. I think that if they go independent they would have to cut the expenses on so many things.

I'm probably mistaken 'cause I'm not too familiar on how things work with independent artists, but still.

15. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

With the potential amount of money in Linkin Park, I'm sure they'll have no issue finding a good record label if they decide not to go indie. I'm not worried at all about the future of record labels for them.

Ghosts must have been a pain in the ass for Trent. He probably didn't want to go through that again and signed with Columbia. I'm sure he wouldn't have if things weren't perfect.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  16. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Or maybe all those special editions and fancy packaging could be the standard and make any other editions unnecessary [hint, hint].

17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Sometimes, as hardxcore fans, we really take standard editions for granted :rolleyes: and focus on bonus tracks and DVDs a little too much

18. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I'd take musical and artistic independance over some pretty boxes anyday...

19. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Oh definitely.

20. Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

I would love to see Linkin Park go independent, or even a different label than Warner Bros. suits me fine.