LPU14 Speculations and Hopes

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by limonpower, Sep 22, 2014.

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Oh god, now that you mention it, I completely forgot... I'd really like to see some of the other tracks and stuff that they tried with the various guests on THP...

Shmoanator

Shmoanator Guest

As long as it has demos from these last three albums, a mix of demos of songs we've heard already and new material we've never heard before, I'll be happy.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Such a typical metal hater.

I won t force you to like heavy guitars but you could seriously be more humble in expressing your opinions. It s really annoying when you constantly put them as if they were facts.

Some people think heavy guitars are better than everything off radiohead discography, and no, they are not more wrong than you. Do you get it, that it is a matter of tastes?

See, I m also a Muse fan, and a big Radiohead fan, I certainly know as much about music than you. And I can promise you that the problem is not with heavy guitars, it is only with your tastes.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

To be fair, metal fans don't exactly praise LP's guitar parts

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I can never tell with half your posts...but in the event you're serious: pictureboard is never going to happen.

Shinoda was asked about it in a chat a few years back, and regrettably the song has samples that were not cleared by the original artist, so it can never have an official legal release through LPU or any other medium for that matter.

Unless a fansite miraculously finds the demo somewhere and leaks it to the world, it's never going to see the light of day.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I know that. Though their major complains is more about structures/ lyrics / pop sensibilities / whinyness / and lack of technicality. I know for a fact that a lot of metal fans wouldn t have problems with some of LP riffs if those were used in proper metal songs from proprer metal bands.

That guy opinion, however, is just that metal and heavy distorted guitars suck in general. Which would be fine if he didnĀ“t constantly worded it as a fact. Sorry if I get annoyed by that :/

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

The worst part is, Pictureboard is probably nothing special.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

It's this. I just think LP are bad at heavy guitar parts. Most of THP is generic as hell. My favourite song on the album though is Rebellion. That's a really good heavy song.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

From what I've been told, it's really not. I think it was Adam (or another LPU employee) who actually heard it, and said it's not that good. It's acheived mythical status because of it's rarity, but in reality it's probably better staying under wraps.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Just take the samples out can't be that hard I just want to hear it so bad don't care if it sound out shit

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

I may sound like an idiot, but what Is pictureboard?

Oh btw, I would love to hear dingleberry (when they come for me demo) a couple of seconds of dingleberry was heard in a LPTV or making of ATS.

Also, just watching the making of ATS, some of those demos are amazing.

minuteforce

From what I know, "Pictureboard" is a Xero demo that only an elite few have ever heard. The band can't release it because of sample clearance issues.

Bawa

Never would have guessed...

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

You have no idea how music works, do you?

If they could just take out the samples and still have a song, they probably would. What this tells me is that the samples are key to the song. To the song's kingdom, if you will.

minuteforce

Or, alternatively, maybe they no longer have the project file - it might have been corrupted or otherwise lost - and, therefore, they can't alter the song at all.

Bawa

I didn't even consider that they would have the project files any-more at ALL, to be honest. Such an old song, and all.

lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

I want to hear the poppy indie demos that Mike scrapped early on. I think it would make for a really cool backstory to prop up THP even more. Someone also mentioned the Chester version of No Roads Left, that's something I definitely want to hear.

I find it really curious that people call THP's guitar work "generic." Metal is enough of a fringe genre that whatever becomes popular tends to follow a generic feel, Avenged Sevenfold immediately comes to mind. You could say that all of these bands are guilty all the same :3

Paree

Paree I love my scars!

Is There Any "Numb" Demo? If Yes I Really Want to hear it although i am not a big fan of numb

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

My hopes: A Thousand Suns <----> The Hunting Party demos of songs we already have, and never before heard. They wouldn't all have lyrics, and I'm OK with that, but hopefully some would. I usually find the LPU releases have really nice melodies, when they do contain lyrics.

My speculation: 90% Meteora <----> Minutes To Midnight demos that have that "classic" LP sound. You know, looping piano, hip-hop drums, crunchy guitar, maybe a scratch or two?

Whatever it turns out becoming, though, I'll be happy because it's new LP music. But, I would be much happier with my hopes scenario than my speculation scenario.

limonpower

limonpower Well-Known Member

I like what you all are saying, and I want pretty much all the same stuff! Apop made me realize that I want some demos with good Hahn scratching, y'know, since THP did NOT deliver in that aspect.