Lupe Fiasco's The Cool

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Chris., Nov 25, 2007.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

ha, whatever. Apparently murder doesn't count for anything. Who cares how many people it COULD have killed? Fact is, it didn't. Just because you are in posession of something doesn't warrant a 44 year jail sentence.

I don't know what you think the word justice means but alright.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Though I am a huge fan of Lil' Wayne and Canibus, I do think Lupe is a better artist than both of them. Weezy has put out some of the most amazing shit ever, but then again he also has put out some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard. Lupe, on the other hand, has been consitent through out his whole career and that's a feat very few rappers can achieve.

While were on the topic, Chilly did deserve that sentence. HE HAD FUCKING 6 KILOS OF HEROIN. Stop being ignorant.

And lastly, I love Lupe Fiasco and he is one of my favorite rappers. But the way he acts about rapping does get on my nerves. The fact that he said he will never make mixtapes ever again got me pissed off. Mixtapes are very inexpensive and can take up to like a week to make. Yes Lupe, you're really good, but why should your core fanbase suffer because you make music that doesn't appeal to the generel public? If you ask me, he's being very selfish.

And let's be honest, you know LupEND is not going to be his last album. The only way you can retire in the rap game is when you die.

Chris.

I agree its not the last we'll see of Lupe. He said that all the work his doing and all the work he puts into his albums and mixtapes is wearing on him and I think keeping your game up the way he has would wear anyone down.

I don't think he's being selfish at all, but I do think it's all just talk. He'll release more music after LupEND, especially if he can find a way to do it like Radiohead did their album.

As a side note: I'm not changing my stance on the heroine charge. I don't think i'm being ignorant at all, I am just really confused with the inconsistency of sentences in this country. Maybe if Chilly ahd 4 albums out and was famous, he'd have half the sentence. That's the way our country works. I'm not going to sit here and debate this point because ultimately it's pointless and I don't feel like continuing to get insulted for my stance on the subject.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Um, yes it does. Depending on the amount of the drug you have (and the drug itself), your sentence could be more time, or less. Fact is, heroin is a killer. It didn't kill anyone because they stopped it from getting on the streets.

The word "murder" only applies to humans. I'm sorry to say it, but all he did was kill dogs, man.

Paul

I'm pretty sure any rapper caught with 6 kilos of heroin would be serving a similar setence. Chilly not being a rapper had nothing to do with it.

Chris.

:lol:

Paul

What's done is done. Let's get stop talking about Chilly. :lol:

Chris.

Agreed. I, by no means, condone soliciting/possessing/doing drugs.

Just wanted to throw that out there. :lol:

Back on topic: How many copies do you guys think Lupe moved this time around? I'm thinking he might come out on top of the charts. I've seen a lot of people picking this up and a lot of people online are praising it/saying they bought it.

I think there's a good chance he hits 500,000 or at least close to it.

Paul

It probably will be number 1 this week, but thats because no other big albums came out. :lol:

If he picks the right singles, he may have a chance to do 500K. I honestly think "Hip-Hop Saved My Life" would make an excellent single.

Chris.

He has a poll up on his myspace. I wonder if hes actually going to pick the next single based on the poll

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

When Lupe was on 106 and Park earlier this week he said, to the best of my memory, he wanted "Paris, Tokyo" to be his next single but he didn't know if that was going to happen. I only saw the first interview when he initially came out so he may have said something later on in the show that I missed.

Paul

As of right now, "The Cool" has already pushed 200K in sales in the US alone. And that's in just three weeks. It took F&L to sell that much in almost a year.

Anyways, here is the new GemStones video featuring Lupe. It's the first single off Gem's album. This video came out couple weeks ago, I just never came around to posting it.

[youtube]o4HA54UqbwE[/youtube]

Have you guys heard the Circuit City exclusice track, "Blackout"? The song is really good and you guys should go check that out.