Lurking, Jealousy, and the Online Community

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by KirbyRockz, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    KirbyRockz

KirbyRockz Well-Known Member

I lurk around these boards, posting every once in a while. I started to notice the same group of people popping up as the most active people.

I realized that your little corner of the Internet is very close together.

Let me retrace my steps a bit.
    I come another online community known as AXA, and Animal Crossing based website/forum. I have been with them for a few years. There I had made dozens of friends, met more people then I could imagine, and find myself in a virtual community. A virtual family. People knew each other, everyone was generally friendly amongst each other, and the slow-yet-active boards remained an online home for me.

Of course, when Nintendo decided to release Wild World, things changed. New people came into our community, our home, spamming every-which-way and essentially taking over. Of course a few decent people rose up though the amassed fanboi and n00b community. Things had changed and everyone could see it. These new people, these...strangers came into our home and took over. Everytime I go back there I see a new name I don't recognize with 2000+ posts, made within a single month.

So back to today. the LPA forums are generally nicer than the new AXA. When I see all these people interacting and enjoying themselves, it reminds me of there.

So what I'm saying here is this:
    LPA, may your community live long and never be overrun and stolen by strangers. May your home be safe from squander and your lifes generally unrattled by the unknowning.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.